RE: [thefixedstars] Occultations

  • Eriugena
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
      Jo regelt!

      Here are some links on occultations and grazings. The window of observation
      for most grazings is quite narrow--just a few miles. I hope they help.

      --Dave

      http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/iotandx.htm

      http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/occultations/

      http://harper.cyberwitch.com/occ/default.asp

      http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/graze.htm
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
        I think Bernadette has posted ephemerides of
        occultations of Antares and other bright stars near
        the ecliptic by planets (including the Moon). You
        might want to perform a search of the archives to find
        them.

        Mark A. Holmes

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
          I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
          might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
          delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
          Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
          bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
          mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
          Tarazed.

          http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

          (In case any of you are thinking that's a typo, the
          URL is correct, as you'll find when you try it.)

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
            <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
            > I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
            > might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
            > delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
            > Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
            > bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
            > mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
            > Tarazed.
            >
            > http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

            "Talitha: 'Quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled,
            great anger when aroused."

            George W. Bush's job-approval ratings remain in the doldrums; some
            suspicion of his Supreme Court nominee John Roberts remains; Kofi
            Annan expresses a willingness to work with new US Ambassador to the UN
            John Bolton, appointed over the strong objections of Democrats and
            some Republicans, but cautions that he is only one of 190 UN
            Ambassadors and will have to win a majority over to get anything done.
            Iran has resumed its nuclear program.