Occultations

  • PeterKecskés
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005
      Hello to everyone in the group !
      Does anybody knows a listing or an ephemeris on the
      net of the occultations of the stars by all of the
      planets, besides lunar occultations or some old theory
      on this issue? Thanks in advance, Péter Kecskés

    • Eriugena
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
        Jo regelt!

        Here are some links on occultations and grazings. The window of observation
        for most grazings is quite narrow--just a few miles. I hope they help.

        --Dave

        http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/iotandx.htm

        http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/occultations/

        http://harper.cyberwitch.com/occ/default.asp

        http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/graze.htm
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
          I think Bernadette has posted ephemerides of
          occultations of Antares and other bright stars near
          the ecliptic by planets (including the Moon). You
          might want to perform a search of the archives to find
          them.

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
            I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
            might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
            delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
            Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
            bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
            mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
            Tarazed.

            http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

            (In case any of you are thinking that's a typo, the
            URL is correct, as you'll find when you try it.)

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
              <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
              > I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
              > might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
              > delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
              > Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
              > bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
              > mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
              > Tarazed.
              >
              > http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

              "Talitha: 'Quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled,
              great anger when aroused."

              George W. Bush's job-approval ratings remain in the doldrums; some
              suspicion of his Supreme Court nominee John Roberts remains; Kofi
              Annan expresses a willingness to work with new US Ambassador to the UN
              John Bolton, appointed over the strong objections of Democrats and
              some Republicans, but cautions that he is only one of 190 UN
              Ambassadors and will have to win a majority over to get anything done.
              Iran has resumed its nuclear program.