Alhecka & zeta Corvi

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 11:15 AM
      > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      >Subject: Current fixed star alignments (August 1, 2005)

      Mark wrote:

      >Jupiter

      >Alhecka (Heart of the Crow: Zeta Corvi)

      Mark, Alhecka is Zeta Tauri, in the Bull's South Horn;

      Zeta Corvi is unnamed in the West; in China it's
      Tchang-Cha, the Track of Dust.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 2:53 PM
        --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
        wrote:

        > > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
        > > From: Mark Andrew Holmes
        > <mahtezcatpoc@...>
        > >Subject: Current fixed star alignments (August 1,
        > 2005)
        >
        > Mark wrote:
        >
        > >Jupiter
        >
        > >Alhecka (Heart of the Crow: Zeta Corvi)
        >
        > Mark, Alhecka is Zeta Tauri, in the Bull's South
        > Horn;

        I got the name from the Starfile file in SolarFire 5's
        Fixed Star editor. It came with the program. Must have
        been a mislabeling.

        > Zeta Corvi is unnamed in the West; in China it's
        > Tchang-Cha, the Track of Dust.

        I had it down as Cor Corvi (Latin for The Crow's
        Heart). When I get home, I'll have to edit my fixed
        star file in SF5, give Zeta Corvi the proper name
        Tchang-Cha and take the name Alhecka out of the entry.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs