weather,...

  • Arthyr
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi Martina,
      One usually forcasts a season by using the four cardinal ingress points
      that places the planets into various combinations of hot or cold, moist or
      dry.
      This is the fundamental key to weather forcasting.

      The Cancer ingress has 4 degrees Leo rising.(hot and dry)
      Moist Venus is in the hidden 12th.
      Astro weather is based mostly on Jupiter (the planet of rain). Its
      condition tells us what to expect by house placement and traditional
      dignities.
      As of now, Jupiter (hot and moist) is in tropical libra (hot and dry) in
      its own "term" (Jupiter) so, two hots - with moist and dry cancelling out
      each other.
      Jupiter in Libra in the 3rd house( Cancer ingress) is in hot and dry 3rd
      house/Gemini.
      Saturn normally cold and dry, is in Cancer cold and moist is hidden in the
      12th
      Mars was in hot and dry Aries (at the cancer ingress) = hot and dry
      Moon is hot and dry in the second quarter is in Sag a hot and dry sign.

      I think you get the idea.

      Take this with a grain of salt, add the fixed-star system and you'll
      probably get a neat package telling you about future forcasts for the weather.

      Arthyr,

      ////////////////////////////////

      At 11:07 PM 8/1/2005 -0400, you wrote:
      >I'm not sure about "weather" astrology, though according to
      >one astrologer, you ain't worth a hill of beans if you can't do it,....
      >(he's a bit of a nut anyways,..)
      >But I've been wondering what's been going on astro-wise because up
      >here in Ontario its been Africa HOT and horrible humidity to boot.
      >Waaaay more than it ever should be.
      >Any thoughts about what else might be involved? Asteroids, stars, just
      >crummy
      >planets?? Or just plain earth changes? (course Hades-Pluto might be part of
      >this as well. )
      //////////////////////////////
    • Martina
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi Arthyr, thanks, I'll look more into this,.. and assuming the
        angles are different for what part of the country ?
        I thought the lunar cycle had more to do with it as well,...
        Never thought of Jupiter as wet (and warm ,.. bleah,..)
        We are getting weird hot weather thunderstorms up here,
        part of what just ran the Air France plane off the runway in Toronto
        I think,...
        Martina
      • Martina
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi Mark- (going backwards through posts here,..)

          > Most of the work is around my house, though every week I do have to
          > mow the yard at my job. My lawn mower is broken (as usual) and I've
          > having to mow my (big) yard with a rickety old push mower. There's
          > fast-growing, thick bahia grass from the cow pasture beyond the back
          > fence in my yard again and as a result, mowing is a full-time job I
          > have to spend at least an hour every day on. As for wildlife, I had to
          > spray a bunch of black widow spiders in one of the bathrooms (inside)
          > at work a few days ago. There were wasps nesting all around my house
          > and I had to spray them, too. One of the nests was in Melissa's run
          > and I had to bring her inside for a couple of days, just in case.
          > (Melissa is my cat, which some of you may already know.)

          I guess theres probably snakes around as well,... trying to stay cool -
          the one thing around here is that at least we don't have the mosquito
          problem we usually have around now,.. and the grass grows that fast??
          Wow!

          > People in Phoenix are used to the summer heat, but even they were
          > complaining about it this summer, and the homeless are dying on the
          > streets there. Two people died of heat prostration in their
          > unairconditioned houses in El Paso during the heat wave; people in the
          > desert Southwest had ways of coping with the heat before the arrival
          > of air conditioning that they've since discarded, and now a lot of
          > buildings without AC there become ovens pretty quickly, and then maybe
          > mausoleums as well. Actually, in Chicago they've declared a heat
          > emergency, too.

          At least thats one thing about Canada, because of the winters,.. most places
          have fairly good insulation. This place didn't because it was an old
          church,.. one of the first things we did,.... and replaced the black roof
          with a light one. (What was that guy thinking?) First summer here was
          insane, we may as well have been in a tin box. And you bet I'm thanking our
          lucky stars we aren't out on the street somewhere! It was getting to the
          point that I was worried about the little animals and the birds around here
          and putting water out for them everywhere.
          Drink lots of water and try and stay cool!

          Martina
        • PeterKecskés
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005
            Hello to everyone in the group !
            Does anybody knows a listing or an ephemeris on the
            net of the occultations of the stars by all of the
            planets, besides lunar occultations or some old theory
            on this issue? Thanks in advance, Péter Kecskés

          • Eriugena
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
              Jo regelt!

              Here are some links on occultations and grazings. The window of observation
              for most grazings is quite narrow--just a few miles. I hope they help.

              --Dave

              http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/iotandx.htm

              http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/occultations/

              http://harper.cyberwitch.com/occ/default.asp

              http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/graze.htm
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
                I think Bernadette has posted ephemerides of
                occultations of Antares and other bright stars near
                the ecliptic by planets (including the Moon). You
                might want to perform a search of the archives to find
                them.

                Mark A. Holmes

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
                  I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
                  might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
                  delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
                  Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
                  bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
                  mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
                  Tarazed.

                  http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

                  (In case any of you are thinking that's a typo, the
                  URL is correct, as you'll find when you try it.)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
                    <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                    > I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
                    > might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
                    > delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
                    > Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
                    > bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
                    > mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
                    > Tarazed.
                    >
                    > http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

                    "Talitha: 'Quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled,
                    great anger when aroused."

                    George W. Bush's job-approval ratings remain in the doldrums; some
                    suspicion of his Supreme Court nominee John Roberts remains; Kofi
                    Annan expresses a willingness to work with new US Ambassador to the UN
                    John Bolton, appointed over the strong objections of Democrats and
                    some Republicans, but cautions that he is only one of 190 UN
                    Ambassadors and will have to win a majority over to get anything done.
                    Iran has resumed its nuclear program.