weather,...

  • Martina
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
      I'm not sure about "weather" astrology, though according to
      one astrologer, you ain't worth a hill of beans if you can't do it,....
      (he's a bit of a nut anyways,..)
      But I've been wondering what's been going on astro-wise because up
      here in Ontario its been Africa HOT and horrible humidity to boot.
      Waaaay more than it ever should be.
      Any thoughts about what else might be involved? Asteroids, stars, just
      crummy
      planets?? Or just plain earth changes? (course Hades-Pluto might be part of
      this as well. )

      Diana,.. are there "weather" stars?? Must be, there's plague and famine
      stars, right?
      I know "astronomically" that there is an 8 day window that opens after the
      full moon where weather can change completely from what it was, and earth
      changes, volcanoes, earthquakes etc are more likely. I read this years ago,
      and I don't think the astronomers had a "good reason" for it. I thought it
      was bosh, but funny how often it does change. (no matter what the weathermen
      thought was coming,..)

      Must be hard working in that heat, Mark, .. any surprises at work with that
      line-up?? Nests of snakes or other awful icky things??
      I'm glad my season ended early this year- we work in a tin uninsulated box
      and the air-conditioning just doesn't cut it. As it was it went up to 45C
      with the humidex (not sure what that is in F, but its miserable doing any
      sort of manual labour, not to mention having fiberglass set instantly and
      paint drying on the brush!) Ugh.

      ...and thanks Dave,... but this is gonna be a slow miserable haul with a
      Chiron return and Saturn sitting there!!
      But at least I'm off work for it all,... though I'm straying far from my
      house!!

      Martina

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine@v...> wrote:
        > I'm not sure about "weather" astrology, though according to
        > one astrologer, you ain't worth a hill of beans if you can't do it,....
        > (he's a bit of a nut anyways,..)
        > But I've been wondering what's been going on astro-wise because up
        > here in Ontario its been Africa HOT and horrible humidity to boot.
        > Waaaay more than it ever should be.
        > Any thoughts about what else might be involved? Asteroids, stars, just
        > crummy
        > planets?? Or just plain earth changes? (course Hades-Pluto might be
        part of
        > this as well. )
        >
        > Diana,.. are there "weather" stars?? Must be, there's plague and famine
        > stars, right?

        Uh, Diana: Are any of the current star alignments relevant to the
        current hot weather?

        > Must be hard working in that heat, Mark, .. any surprises at work
        with that
        > line-up?? Nests of snakes or other awful icky things??

        Most of the work is around my house, though every week I do have to
        mow the yard at my job. My lawn mower is broken (as usual) and I've
        having to mow my (big) yard with a rickety old push mower. There's
        fast-growing, thick bahia grass from the cow pasture beyond the back
        fence in my yard again and as a result, mowing is a full-time job I
        have to spend at least an hour every day on. As for wildlife, I had to
        spray a bunch of black widow spiders in one of the bathrooms (inside)
        at work a few days ago. There were wasps nesting all around my house
        and I had to spray them, too. One of the nests was in Melissa's run
        and I had to bring her inside for a couple of days, just in case.
        (Melissa is my cat, which some of you may already know.)

        > I'm glad my season ended early this year- we work in a tin
        uninsulated box
        > and the air-conditioning just doesn't cut it. As it was it went up
        to 45C
        > with the humidex (not sure what that is in F,

        113.

        but its miserable doing any
        > sort of manual labour, not to mention having fiberglass set
        instantly and
        > paint drying on the brush!) Ugh.

        People in Phoenix are used to the summer heat, but even they were
        complaining about it this summer, and the homeless are dying on the
        streets there. Two people died of heat prostration in their
        unairconditioned houses in El Paso during the heat wave; people in the
        desert Southwest had ways of coping with the heat before the arrival
        of air conditioning that they've since discarded, and now a lot of
        buildings without AC there become ovens pretty quickly, and then maybe
        mausoleums as well. Actually, in Chicago they've declared a heat
        emergency, too.

        Mark A. Holmes
      • Arthyr
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi Martina,
          One usually forcasts a season by using the four cardinal ingress points
          that places the planets into various combinations of hot or cold, moist or
          dry.
          This is the fundamental key to weather forcasting.

          The Cancer ingress has 4 degrees Leo rising.(hot and dry)
          Moist Venus is in the hidden 12th.
          Astro weather is based mostly on Jupiter (the planet of rain). Its
          condition tells us what to expect by house placement and traditional
          dignities.
          As of now, Jupiter (hot and moist) is in tropical libra (hot and dry) in
          its own "term" (Jupiter) so, two hots - with moist and dry cancelling out
          each other.
          Jupiter in Libra in the 3rd house( Cancer ingress) is in hot and dry 3rd
          house/Gemini.
          Saturn normally cold and dry, is in Cancer cold and moist is hidden in the
          12th
          Mars was in hot and dry Aries (at the cancer ingress) = hot and dry
          Moon is hot and dry in the second quarter is in Sag a hot and dry sign.

          I think you get the idea.

          Take this with a grain of salt, add the fixed-star system and you'll
          probably get a neat package telling you about future forcasts for the weather.

          Arthyr,

          ////////////////////////////////

          At 11:07 PM 8/1/2005 -0400, you wrote:
          >I'm not sure about "weather" astrology, though according to
          >one astrologer, you ain't worth a hill of beans if you can't do it,....
          >(he's a bit of a nut anyways,..)
          >But I've been wondering what's been going on astro-wise because up
          >here in Ontario its been Africa HOT and horrible humidity to boot.
          >Waaaay more than it ever should be.
          >Any thoughts about what else might be involved? Asteroids, stars, just
          >crummy
          >planets?? Or just plain earth changes? (course Hades-Pluto might be part of
          >this as well. )
          //////////////////////////////
        • Martina
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            Hi Arthyr, thanks, I'll look more into this,.. and assuming the
            angles are different for what part of the country ?
            I thought the lunar cycle had more to do with it as well,...
            Never thought of Jupiter as wet (and warm ,.. bleah,..)
            We are getting weird hot weather thunderstorms up here,
            part of what just ran the Air France plane off the runway in Toronto
            I think,...
            Martina
          • Martina
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
              Hi Mark- (going backwards through posts here,..)

              > Most of the work is around my house, though every week I do have to
              > mow the yard at my job. My lawn mower is broken (as usual) and I've
              > having to mow my (big) yard with a rickety old push mower. There's
              > fast-growing, thick bahia grass from the cow pasture beyond the back
              > fence in my yard again and as a result, mowing is a full-time job I
              > have to spend at least an hour every day on. As for wildlife, I had to
              > spray a bunch of black widow spiders in one of the bathrooms (inside)
              > at work a few days ago. There were wasps nesting all around my house
              > and I had to spray them, too. One of the nests was in Melissa's run
              > and I had to bring her inside for a couple of days, just in case.
              > (Melissa is my cat, which some of you may already know.)

              I guess theres probably snakes around as well,... trying to stay cool -
              the one thing around here is that at least we don't have the mosquito
              problem we usually have around now,.. and the grass grows that fast??
              Wow!

              > People in Phoenix are used to the summer heat, but even they were
              > complaining about it this summer, and the homeless are dying on the
              > streets there. Two people died of heat prostration in their
              > unairconditioned houses in El Paso during the heat wave; people in the
              > desert Southwest had ways of coping with the heat before the arrival
              > of air conditioning that they've since discarded, and now a lot of
              > buildings without AC there become ovens pretty quickly, and then maybe
              > mausoleums as well. Actually, in Chicago they've declared a heat
              > emergency, too.

              At least thats one thing about Canada, because of the winters,.. most places
              have fairly good insulation. This place didn't because it was an old
              church,.. one of the first things we did,.... and replaced the black roof
              with a light one. (What was that guy thinking?) First summer here was
              insane, we may as well have been in a tin box. And you bet I'm thanking our
              lucky stars we aren't out on the street somewhere! It was getting to the
              point that I was worried about the little animals and the birds around here
              and putting water out for them everywhere.
              Drink lots of water and try and stay cool!

              Martina
            • PeterKecskés
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005
                Hello to everyone in the group !
                Does anybody knows a listing or an ephemeris on the
                net of the occultations of the stars by all of the
                planets, besides lunar occultations or some old theory
                on this issue? Thanks in advance, Péter Kecskés

              • Eriugena
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
                  Jo regelt!

                  Here are some links on occultations and grazings. The window of observation
                  for most grazings is quite narrow--just a few miles. I hope they help.

                  --Dave

                  http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/iotandx.htm

                  http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/occultations/

                  http://harper.cyberwitch.com/occ/default.asp

                  http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/graze.htm
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
                    I think Bernadette has posted ephemerides of
                    occultations of Antares and other bright stars near
                    the ecliptic by planets (including the Moon). You
                    might want to perform a search of the archives to find
                    them.

                    Mark A. Holmes

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
                      I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
                      might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
                      delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
                      Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
                      bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
                      mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
                      Tarazed.

                      http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

                      (In case any of you are thinking that's a typo, the
                      URL is correct, as you'll find when you try it.)

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
                        <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                        > I thought this article on fixed stars by Rob Tillett
                        > might be interesting. It contains a lot of star
                        > delineations; mixed in among the famous stars like
                        > Aldebaran, Antares and Sirius are delineations for a
                        > bunch of not-terribly-famous stars, some of which I've
                        > mentioned in earlier posts, like Sham, Talitha, and
                        > Tarazed.
                        >
                        > http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

                        "Talitha: 'Quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled,
                        great anger when aroused."

                        George W. Bush's job-approval ratings remain in the doldrums; some
                        suspicion of his Supreme Court nominee John Roberts remains; Kofi
                        Annan expresses a willingness to work with new US Ambassador to the UN
                        John Bolton, appointed over the strong objections of Democrats and
                        some Republicans, but cautions that he is only one of 190 UN
                        Ambassadors and will have to win a majority over to get anything done.
                        Iran has resumed its nuclear program.