Re: [thefixedstars] Star and constellation alignments with UB313 (was Baten Kaitos)

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- Martina <merskine@...> wrote:

      > Oh well Mark,.. I'm sure just a slip of the wrist
      > was to blame,...
      > (merc IS Rx!) Cal isn't one to take credit for other
      > people words.
      > Martina

      Yeah, I just wanted to remind her.

    • Astrocalypse
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
        Thanks, Martina.  By watching what's going on in various lists, we can certainly better observed the planetary energy.  Mars just got into Taurus and it is certainly not very happy there.

        Cal
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
          Hi Cal,,
          not happy in my chart either and its also talking to T Saturn,...
          I'm trying to work off some of the energy aggressively restructuring
          and organizing my house,.. not goin' that well. (hehe,.. hitting Hades,..)
          Those two hitting my Chiron as well,.. achy bones, teeth problems,...
          ugh,.. hate them all.
          Martina
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
            I've got the transiting Mars-Saturn square in my 12th
            and 4th houses, respectively, with Mars conjoining the
            East Point and squaring Rhadamanthus and Saturn vice
            versa, and Mars squaring and Saturn opposing
            Midheaven-Pandora.

            Hard physical work is something I've been doing a lot
            of lately...outdoors, in somewhat-hotter-than-usual
            east Texas summer heat (high 90s Fahrenheit), with the
            humidity typically close to dew point. Plus I've been
            straightening out my house.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
              Jupiter

              Alhecka (Heart of the Crow: Zeta Corvi)

              Saturn

              Talitha (Iota Ursae Majoris; in the Great Bear's
              forepaw)

              Uranus

              Skat (Delta Aquarii), Situla (Kappa Aquarii), North
              America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

              Neptune

              Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

              Pluto

              Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

              Ceres

              Zubenalgenubi (Alpha Librae); R Coronae Borealis

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_Coronae_Borealis

              "[A] yellow supergiant star [which] is the prototype
              of a class of variable stars, which fade by several
              magnitudes at irregular intervals....

              "The cause of this behaviour is believed to be a
              regular build-up of carbon dust in the star's
              atmosphere. The sudden drop in brightness may be
              caused by a rapid condensation of dust, resulting in
              much of the star's light being blocked. The gradual
              restoration to normal brightness results from the dust
              being dispersed by radiation pressure."

              I've obtained keywords of "release" and
              "accomplishment" for this star.

              Juno

              Capulus (H/Chi Persei; the Sword-Handle Cluster in
              Perseus)

              Vesta

              Porrima (aka Caphir; Gamma Virginis)

              Chiron

              Alpha Indi

              Anser (Alpha Vulpeculae)

              Antinous (Eta Aquilae; marking the head of Antinous,
              the boy the Eagle holds in its talons)

              North Node

              Nu Fornacis

              Gladius Frederici (the Sword of King Frederick: Iota
              Andromedae)

              At the top of the news (besides the announcement
              discovery of the solar system's tenth planet:)

              Bush made the notorious John Bolton UN Ambassador in a
              recess appointment, and the UN says they'll work with
              him, though Kofi Annan cautions that he's only one of
              190 UN envoys and he'll have to work with them to get
              what he wants.

              The military trials at Guant`anamo may be rigged.

              The Discovery astronauts will perform a spacewalk to
              try and fix a worrisome phenomenon of protruding
              fabric strips on the shuttle's underbelly.

              Pro baseball player Rafael Palmeiro (of the Baltimore
              Orioles) has been suspended for 10 days for using
              steroids.

              The California Supreme Court has ruled that country
              clubs must offer gay members who register as domestic
              partners the same discounts given to married couples.

              There are complaints about a Bible study course
              offered in public schools in the US; the course is
              allegedly riddled with factual errors, takes a
              fundamentalist viewpoint and proselytizes.

              A rapist known as the A.M. Rapist is terrorizing
              Phoenix.

              A hospital in Bismarck, North Dakota opens a
              meditation room for such things as Muslim prayers and
              Native American smudgings, believed to be the first
              one of its kind in the US.

              King Fahd of Saudi Arabia has died, and Crown Prince
              Abdullah is now King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.

              Riots in Sudan following the death of Sudanese Vice
              President John Garang in a plane crash.

              British police continue to arrest suspects in the
              failed London bombing.

              Nine babies have been found buried in a "garden" (a
              backyard of a house?) in the eastern German village of
              Brieskow-Finkenheerd; born between 1988 and 2004, they
              all died shortly after birth. The 39-year-old mother
              has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

              A corruption scandal in the government of Brazil's
              president Lula da Silva has cost one top Brazilian
              lawmaker his job; the president of one of the
              country's major parties has resigned.

              In Mexico, grenades were thrown into a crowd attending
              a cockfight in Tonala, Jalisco, near Guadalajara,
              killing four people and injuring more than two dozen.

              The monsoon season in western India is disastrously
              heavy, with deadly flooding.

              The political crisis in the Philippines continues.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 23, 2008
                Baten Kaitos

                Mark sent

                Eris

                Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

                VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

                Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
                ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

                Baten Kaitos is one of THE shipwreck stars, and a Philippine ferry just
                went down with hundreds:

                http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/world/asia/23filip.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

                From my book:

                Baten Kaitos, a stormy star, is known for shipwrecks, "possibly with rescue:" these stars were transited at the Nov, 1274 New Moon when Khubilai Khan’s 900-ship fleet, invading Japan, was destroyed by a “Kamikaze” (“Divine Wind”) typhoon that forced China's ships out to sea: 200 sank, 13,500 troops perished, in July 1591 when four hurricanes in one month sank more than 100 ships in the Atlantic - most (88) were part of a Grand Fleet of Spanish treasure ships from the Indies; in 1707 when an English fleet, lost in dense fog and high winds, crashed into the Scilly Isles with a loss of 4 ships and 1,647 men (this disaster led Parliament to offer a prize of 20,000 for a solution to the problem of measuring longitude at sea, won by horologist John Harrison, born with Mercury here); at the 1898 Winter Solstice: ferocious hurricanes and gales swept the N Atlantic from Dec to March 1899, wreaking havoc with shipping; when Titanic sailed on her doomed maiden voyage in 1912: she hit an iceberg and sank (this was Uranus of passenger Ida Straus who refused to leave her husband and went down with him on the ship); in 1940 when a hastily-assembled flotilla of naval and small coastal craft, under heavy fire, rescued 338,226 trapped (Andromeda!) British and French troops at Dunkirk (several ships were lost), when Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space in 1961 (he landed safely by parachute-his vessel was designed to crash), when US nuclear submarine Thresher was lost on a trial dive with 129 crew in 1963; at the 1970 launch of the Apollo 13 moon mission: an oxygen tank exploded, crippling the mission; after a struggle and extraordinary ground support, the 3-man crew returned to Earth safely; in 1977 at the worst air disaster in history: two jumbo jets, in heavy fog, collided at Tenerife, killing 582, and at the launch of sailing ship “Pride of Baltimore,” later lost in a violent squall, at the 1985 Aries Ingress preceding the Rainbow Warrior sinking (sabotage), Achille Lauro highjacking and discovery of the wrecks of the Atocha and Titanic (it was also “the worst year in the history of commercial flight” with more than 1,600 killed in crashes), in 1986 when Black Sea passenger liner “Admiral Nakhimov,” rammed by a freighter, sank in 15 minutes with a loss of 398 (836 were saved). This was Mars of 16th-century anatomist Andreas Vesalius who died in a shipwreck, Saturn of British Gen'l Lord Kitchener (drowned when his ship hit a mine), the MC of Senator,VP and presidential candidate Albert Gore, "shipwrecked" when he won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote by an extremely narrow margin, an example of how this star may function on personal charts. Baten Kaitos is coming to a World Axis aspect of 22.5º to 0º Aries: the world's oceans are rising, "drowning" shorelines.

                Love, Diana

                Website: http://ye-stars.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 23, 2008
                  CNN Headline News said yesterday Philippines President Gloria Arroyo wanted to know why that ferry was allowed to set sail in the middle of a typhoon.

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  ]]]]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]] ]

                  Baten Kaitos is one of THE shipwreck stars, and a Philippine ferry just
                  went down with hundreds:

                  http://www.nytimes. com/2008/ 06/23/world/ asia/23filip. html?_r=1&oref=slogin

                  From my book:

                • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 23, 2008

                    Earth 'not at risk' from collider
                    By Paul Rincon
                    Science reporter, BBC News

                    Our planet is not at risk from the world's most powerful particle physics
                    experiment, a report has concluded.

                    The document addresses fears that the Large Hadron Collider is so
                    energetic, it could have unforeseen consequences.

                    Critics are worried that mini-black holes made at the soon-to-open
                    facility on the French-Swiss border might threaten the Earth's very
                    existence.

                    But the report, issued the European Organization for Nuclear Research,
                    says there is "no conceivable danger".

                    The organization - known better by its French acronym, Cern - will operate
                    the collider underground in a 27km-long tunnel near Geneva.

                    This Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a powerful and complicated machine,
                    which will smash together protons at super-fast speeds in a bid to unlock
                    the secrets of the Universe.

                    Six "detectors" - individual experiments - will count, trace and analyse
                    the particles that emerge from the collisions.

                    Most physicists believe the risk of a cataclysm lies in the realms of
                    science fiction. But there have been fears about the possibility of a
                    mini-black hole - produced in the collider - swelling so that it gobbles
                    up the Earth.

                    Critics have previously raised concerns that the production of weird
                    hypothetical particles called strangelets in the LHC could trigger the
                    mass conversion of nuclei in ordinary atoms into more strange matter -
                    transforming the Earth into a hot, dead lump.

                    New particles

                    The lay language summary of the report, which has been written by Cern's
                    top theorists, states: "Over the past billions of years, nature has
                    already generated on Earth as many collisions as about a million LHC
                    experiments - and the planet still exists."

                    The report added: "There is no basis for any concerns about the
                    consequences of new particles or forms of matter that could possibly be
                    produced by the LHC."

                    The new document is an update of the analysis carried out in 2003 into the
                    safety of the collider by an independent team of scientists.

                    The authors of the latest report, including theoretical physicist John
                    Ellis, confirmed that black holes could be made by the collider. But they
                    said: "If microscopic black holes were to be singly produced by colliding
                    the quarks and gluons inside protons, they would also be able to decay
                    into the same types of particles that produced them."

                    The report added: "The expected lifetime [of a mini-black hole] would be
                    very short."

                    On the strangelet issue, the report says that these particles are even
                    less likely to be produced at the LHC than in the lower-energy
                    Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) in New York, which has been
                    operating since 2000.

                    A previous battle over particle accelerator safety was fought over the US
                    machine.

                    'Fundamental question'

                    The scientific consensus appears to be on the side of Cern's theorists.

                    But in 2003, Dr Adrian Kent, a theoretical physicist at the University of
                    Cambridge, wrote a paper in which he argued that scientists had not
                    adequately calculated the risks of a "killer strangelet" catastrophe
                    scenario.

                    He also expressed concern that a fundamental question (how improbable does
                    a cataclysm have to be to warrant proceeding with an experiment?) had
                    never been seriously inspected.

                    The LHC was due to switch on in 26 November 2007. The start-up has been
                    postponed several times, however, and is currently scheduled for later
                    this summer.

                    The first delay was precipitated by an accident in March 2007 during
                    stress testing of one of the LHC's "quadrupole" magnets.

                    A statement carried on the Cern website from the US laboratory that
                    provided the magnet stated that the equipment had experienced a "failure"
                    when supporting structures "broke".

                    It later emerged that the magnet had exploded in the tunnel, close to one
                    of the LHC's most important detectors, prompting the the facility to be
                    evacuated.

                    In March, a complaint requesting an injunction against the LHC's switch-on
                    was filed before the United States District Court for the District of
                    Hawaii by seven plaintiffs.

                    One of the plaintiffs had previously attempted to bring a similar
                    injunction against the RHIC over safety concerns.

                    Paul.Rincon-INTERNET@...
                    Story from BBC NEWS:
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/science/nature/7468966.stm

                    Published: 2008/06/23 16:58:38 GMT