Star and constellation alignments with UB313 (was Baten Kait

  • Astrocalypse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      > Well I hope we are going to get some turn around in the near
      > future...because I am in grief over women losing their voice and being
      > minimalized under the umbrella of this shoddy never-ending war on
      > terror. Let's make extra effort not to succumb to the politically
      > incorrect heavy talk coming from quite a lot of people out there in
      > the world. It is so sad that the masculine level of things whether in
      > male and female refuses or cannot evolve to a higher, more intelligent
      > level which creates scope and breadth for us all.
      > Am so bored with the blinkered-tunnel-vision, terrorists-under-the-bed
      > stuff.
      >
      > So off to do my shadow work!! ie. could be my stuff I'm seeing couldnt
      > it! so want to make sure everything is integrated.
      >
      > Heather

      I am reposting another article here on Israeli Girls Commando just in case
      you missed this one on the other list.

      This is one way some women are trying to retain their own grounds
      (rather than fighting to invade) by playing the same Death game. Another
      version of suicide martyrdom that we have seen so much in recent years - a
      severe reaction to perceived disempowerment by the established order, a
      fighting to get taken notice of. Not that I agree or condone what they
      plan
      but at least these girls have given everybody 'warnings' of their intentions
      whether they have a leader who will be amenable to negotiations are unclear.
      Resolving problems ultimately through bullying tactics, threats of violence,
      display of power or conflicts, whether Hercules or Xena, are the same on
      the surface, but the underlying motivatioins are different though don't you
      think.

      July 31, 2005

      'Commando Girls' fight Gaza pull-out
      Marie Colvin

      AS next month's deadline for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza
      draws near, hardcore Israelis and Americans who have poured into the Jewish
      settlements to oppose the pull-out are making their final preparations for
      battle. On the front line will be a new, all-female Jewish resistance wing
      dubbed the "Commando Girls".

      These are not Charlie's Angels. They wear the figure-concealing
      garb of religious Jews - full skirts and loose, flowing tops.

      A Sunday Times informant who infiltrated their so-called
      "resistance headquarters" for eight days found that the members of this new
      group were preparing to use violence to stop the Israel Defence Forces (IDF)
      uprooting the Jewish settlers in Gaza.

      One spoke of killing or terrorising soldiers; another of
      fighting to the death.

      The informant also found that these radicals, mostly settlers
      from the West Bank and New York Jews from a wealthy Messianic sect, had
      inside information from government security forces.

      Rachel Orbach, a 22-year-old woman who was born in Gaza's Gush
      Katif settlement bloc, agreed to infiltrate the group because she believed
      it contradicted everything the long-term residents cared about.

      Few in the settlement bloc want to leave the houses and
      drip-irrigation farms they have built over the decades since Israel captured
      Gaza from Egypt in 1967. But they vehemently reject the use of violence
      against the IDF. Many have sons serving in elite IDF units. The "incomers",
      as Gush Katif settlers call them, have another agenda.

      Orbach - whose identity has been disguised to protect her -
      discovered that the 40-strong Commando Girls have organised around Nadia
      Matar, a flamboyant settler leader who moved from her comfortable house in
      the West Bank to a caravan among the Gush Katif invaders.

      Orbach struggled to contain her emotions as the young women,
      aged between 18 and 24 and almost all from the West Bank, talked of their
      plans.

      "If any soldiers come, we will attack them," said one, sitting
      on the beach at a dusk campfire. "There is no choice. We will kill them or
      use other terror tactics." The speaker did not elaborate.

      "I love the IDF soldiers like brothers," said Orbach. "I won't
      let any of those Commando Girls or any other gangs hurt them."

      The Commando Girls, none of whom was from Gaza, could not have
      been more different. Orbach said they would taunt the young Israeli soldiers
      guarding them, yelling: "How can you call yourself a Jew? You are not Jewish
      if you remove Jews from their land."

      Some say the incomers have doubled the local population of 8,000
      Jewish settlers who have lived in Gush Katif for decades, amid more than 1m
      Palestinians. They are ferocious about what they consider a betrayal by
      Ariel Sharon, the Israeli prime minister. Sharon was once the man Jewish
      settlers called "godfather". He has now promised to evacuate Gaza of all
      Jews when Israel withdraws on August 15.

      The majority of the Israeli population welcomes the withdrawal
      because of the huge cost in money and lives of keeping the IDF in Gaza to
      protect the settlers. But the incomers have vowed to resist. They have set
      up camp in "tent cities" and derelict buildings, many bringing their young
      children.

      All are united by a fanatical dedication to the preservation of
      Eretz Israel, the biblical promised land of the Jews, which they believe
      includes the West Bank and Gaza.

      Matar is at the forefront of the resistance to withdrawal. "We
      will leave Gaza only in caskets," she said.

      Her temporary home is a mess. On any given day, small children
      scream for attention and flies swarm over whatever food is left in the
      kitchen. She is well aware of the antipathy toward her and the radicals.

      To demonstrate to a visitor that they really had the support of
      the community, she pointed to a box left outside her caravan packed with
      tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and lettuce. "This was left for my girls by the
      farmers of Gush Katif," she said.

      Orbach at first found it difficult to infiltrate the group. She
      dressed in what she called "sport elegant style" to appear more like the
      conservative Commando Girls, and presented herself. She was immediately
      blocked at a gate in front of a sign saying "Private".

      Matar emerged and interrogated her, demanding to know where she
      was from and who her parents were, and delving into her motives for
      volunteering. She then refused Orbach entry.

      Rather than leave, Orbach went down to the Kalim (Palm) beach,
      which was separated into male and female areas for religious reasons, and
      befriended some young women who were gathering sticks and boards. She
      entered the camp in their company.

      In conversation at the nightly campfires, where the girls would
      strum guitars and sing plaintive songs of Eretz Israel, she came to know
      that the sticks were their first line of defence against Israeli soldiers.
      The girls told her: "We are ready to beat any Israeli soldier who comes
      here."

      The Commando Girls met Matar for several hours every day. Matar
      supplied them with food. Some cooked in a kitchen on gas burners and
      everyone ate communally in a dining hall.

      The incomers behaved differently from the Gush Katif residents
      toward Palestinians. The residents have clashed with them but they also
      employ Palestinians. On one Sabbath, some of the more radical incomers shot
      at a Palestinian in a nearby village.

      Israeli sources revealed that the IDF is training for all kinds
      of potential scenarios during the withdrawal, including the possibility that
      some of the Jews opposing their actions will barricade themselves in a
      building and threaten to commit suicide.

      The Commando Girls' original base in Gaza, the Palm Beach hotel,
      was raided by police on June 30. The police arrived with hammers and knocked
      in doors, dragging out women and even children. But the fierce resistance
      they expected did not materialise.

      Orbach was able to reveal why - when she was with the Commando
      Girls, Matar passed on the information that they would be raided and all
      important equipment should be moved out.

      Additional reporting: Aviram Zino