Vesta fixed-star alignments from last week

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31 3:41 PM

      > > > Vesta
      > > >

      > > The alignments of Vesta with Capella and Phact are
      > > over.
      >
      > As is the Chiron alignment with Albireo. Tension in
      > the Senate about the Roberts nomination...
      >

      > > > Ensis (M-42/Theta Orionis)
      >
      > "blindness, defective sight, sickness, accidents...a
      > violent death." (Robson)
      >
      > > > Mintaka (Delta Orionis)
      >
      > "Good fortune." (Robson)
      >

      > > Alnilam (Epsilon Orionis)
      >
      > "Fleeting public honors." (Robson)
      >

      > Anybody got any ideas on what these other Vesta
      > alignments might mean? Just asking.

      I'll venture one: the ill-fated Boy Scout Jamboree at
      Fort A.P. Hill, an army base near Bowling Green,
      Virginia, south of Washington. There have been legal
      objections to this use of federal property by the Boy
      Scouts, who require belief in a deity (no atheists
      need apply) and also bar gays from membership. George
      W. Bush has been looking to address the gathering, but
      thunderstorms have prevented him from coming, hundreds
      of boys have landed in the hospital from heat
      prostration, and several Scout leaders from Alaska
      were electrocuted trying to help private contractors
      set up a dining tent...directly under power lines,
      which Boy Scouts are taught *never* to do. Many who've
      been involved in Boy Scouts (who have the famous motto
      "Be Prepared") are astonished at this egregious act of
      imprudence and that no provisions were made for
      helping the Scouts cope with the heat and humidity of
      Virginia in the summertime.