Re: [thefixedstars] Flaming Star Neb/US Mars

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2011
      I'll go with the Sibly chart. This alignment, therefore, would coincide with our military post-Vietnam (now we want a good reason to go to war and an exit strategy, for obvious reasons), post-Women's Lib (integration of the US military by gender), and post-Stonewall (integration of the military by sexual orientation).

      Mark A. Holmes

      Date: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 am ((PDT))

      How long has the nebula been aligned with the USA Mars? (I take it it's an alignment and not a true conjunction.) The US military has been involved in a lot of foreign wars in the past 110 years or so, although it seems that in the past few decades the emphasis has been on police, peacekeeping and humanitarian action and wars conducted against real or alleged state sponsors of terrorism aimed at our territory.

      Too many variables, Mark: which US Chart you use (i.e. what time on 7 4 1776), what orb to use on the start of the alignment, and what precessional rate.  If you go with the Sibly chart (5:10 PM LMT, Phila -- Mars 21Gem23 ) a one degree orb and 0deg 0min 50.23secs per yr rate of precession, it would have started to align in the early 1970's.

      It's in the Charioteer's lap.

      By the way, the "Chariot" of the Charioteer has turned out to be a wheelchair. Put that together with the Chinese "Five Chariots,"  a military encampment at the Auriga stars -  you get vets in wheelchairs.

      Pres George H W Bush (in office 1989-1993), born Jun 12 24 11:45 AM EDT, Milton, MA, had the Sun at 21 Gem 21, cnj US Mars.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com