a star for each of us

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005

      Cal wrote:

      >Thanks Alhena. Yes, I was thinking with so much out there,
      >there certainly could be a star for each one of us, it is just
      >that we don't know and we can't see...

      Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking 25 years ago when I
      began to research the stars, because with all the books and
      lists, NOT ONE OF THE STARS ON THOSE LISTS CONJOINED
      ANYTHING ON MY CHART!!

      This truly pissed me off. I'm an Aries with the Sun (cnj
      Uranus) in the 10th, and I took it personally :-)

      I was determined to track down stars for every degree in the
      zodiac, and now have a list of more than 2,000 stars, plus
      nebulae, galaxies, black holes, etc etc. One of the things
      that enabled me to do this was that Mark Pottenger created a
      feature on his CCRS Horoscope Program that enabled me to
      take any astronomy star catalogue that lists positions in
      Declination and Right Ascension and convert them into
      celestial longitude (i.e. zodiacal degrees) and latitude
      (distance from ecliptic)

      It has been quite a journey, which I'll tell you about
      another time, but suffice it to say that not only are there
      interesting, significant stars for each degree, but the
      constellations themselves have turned out to be tremendously
      important!

      Love, Diana
    • wyf.of.bathe
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        [but suffice it to say that not only are there
        interesting, significant stars for each degree, but the
        constellations themselves have turned out to be tremendously
        important!

        Love, Diana]

        a long while back i was searching for something and happened upon a site that advertised a book by astrologer, Rab Wilkie.  the book was about the 88 constellations and i thought at the time.....aha!  interesting!  i'll go back when i have more time.  your post has reminded me to try and find this again :)

        are you familiar with the astrologer?

        fritzy

        http://hertale.blogspot.com/

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
          <ye-stars@i...> wrote:

          > It has been quite a journey, which I'll tell you about
          > another time, but suffice it to say that not only are there
          > interesting, significant stars for each degree, but the
          > constellations themselves have turned out to be tremendously
          > important!

          Would you say that a planet has to be within a constellation's
          star-atlas boundaries for that constellation's influence to manifest
          through the planet?