Parans

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 379 , Oct 6, 2010

       Hey group,

      I was wondering if there is a specific methodology behind determining the times of rising and setting behind stars.
      I'm going through Brady's book on Fixed Stars, and while it is certainly helpful, it does not give listings for every star, and the graphs sometimes make it hard to be precise, which is a necessity for the small orbs of stars.
      I've googled around the web but just haven't been able to find much.
      I do know the RA and Dec of all the stars I'm working with, so based on that I think I should be able to find this info, but aside from just eyeballing the stars is there a more technical solution, or a method that they tend to follow in general?

      Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
      Message 379 of 379 , Dec 1, 2011
        http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap111126.html

        IC 5067, the Pelican Nebula in Cygnus.