Current fixed star alignments: July 17, 2005

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2005
      At 32N09/94W20

      Saturn

      The Rotten Egg Nebula (officially OH231.8+4.2, also known as the
      Calabash Nebula, a planetary nebula in Puppis [the Poop Deck of the
      Ship Argo]).

      It gets its nickname (the first one I gave) from its high sulfur content.

      Uranus

      Situla (Kappa Aquarii)("the bucket," in the stream of water the
      Water-Carrier pours from his jug)

      North America Nebula (NGC 7000), a diffuse nebula in Cygnus (near
      Dheneb, in the tail of the Swan) which gets its nickname from its shape.

      (My own research doesn't seem to indicate a positive meaning for this
      object.)

      http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/N/North_America_Nebula.html

      Neptune

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini); Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnair.html

      Pluto

      Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

      Ceres

      Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)

      Chiron

      Albireo (Beta Cygni), Antinous (marked by Eta Aquilae), Sham (Alpha
      Sagittae), Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae, in the back or heart of the Eagle),
      Beta Hydri

      North Node

      Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae), Pluma Frederici (Kappa
      Andromedae)--both marking the chained right hand of Andromeda or the
      crown and pen in the Honors of Frederick

      South Node

      Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

      Not much change, except now Saturn is aligned with the Rotten Egg
      Nebula and Uranus with the North America Nebula.

      There's extra-close attention being paid to US Supreme Court
      appointments with the retirement of Sandra Day O'Connor and the
      declining health of William Rehnquist, plus there's the 60th
      anniversary of the Trinity nuclear-bomb test. The accusations against
      Karl Rove continue. There's also closer attention being paid to
      unassimilated urban Muslims of South Asian in Britain now that the
      London bombers have been fingered. Venezuelan doctors are complaining
      about all the Cuban doctors Hugo Chavez has invited in to come work in
      Venezuela. And charges are being formally filed against Saddam Hussein
      for his conduct as president of Iraq.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19, 2005
        <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
        > At 32N09/94W20

        > Ceres
        >
        > Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)
        >

        > North Node
        >
        > Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae), Pluma Frederici (Kappa
        > Andromedae)--both marking the chained right hand of Andromeda or the
        > crown and pen in the Honors of Frederick

        The release of *Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince* is breaking
        publishing sales records...and has got a lot of readers upset, because
        of the major character JK Rowling killed off in this volume.

        (Hint: In the movie version of volume seven of the Harry Potter
        series, the one who will likely be written out or his part cut way
        back will be...

        [This link is to the IMDb entry of the actor in question. The name of
        his Harry Potter character is near the top of the page. So don't click
        on the link if you don't want to know.]

        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002091/

        )

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2005
          <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
          > At 32N09/94W20
          >
          > Saturn
          >
          > The Rotten Egg Nebula (officially OH231.8+4.2, also known as the
          > Calabash Nebula, a planetary nebula in Puppis [the Poop Deck of the
          > Ship Argo]).
          >
          > It gets its nickname (the first one I gave) from its high sulfur
          content.

          > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010903.html
          >
          > Uranus
          >
          > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)("the bucket," in the stream of water the
          > Water-Carrier pours from his jug)
          >
          > North America Nebula (NGC 7000), a diffuse nebula in Cygnus (near
          > Dheneb, in the tail of the Swan) which gets its nickname from its
          shape.

          > (My own research doesn't seem to indicate a positive meaning for this
          > object.)

          > Chiron
          >
          > Albireo (Beta Cygni),

          > South Node
          >
          > Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

          > There's extra-close attention being paid to US Supreme Court
          > appointments with the retirement of Sandra Day O'Connor

          George W. Bush has announced his nominee to replace O'Connor: as
          anyone familiar with Bush's record should have expected, neither a
          woman nor a nonwhite person, not even a conservative woman or
          nonwhite, but yet another historically overrepresented white male:
          John G. Roberts, Jr., a federal appeals court judge for the District
          of Columbia. His record suggests he leans to the right politically
          (natch) and he's quite young for a prospective US Supreme Court
          justice (50).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2005
            If any of you have looked at the Photos section lately, you'll notice
            that I added two photo albums, Constellation Pix and Obsolete
            Constellation Pix. The former contains pictures from old star atlases
            of constellations containing fixed stars not usually used in
            astrology, like several I just referred to, Grus, Hydrus, and Sagitta.

            The other album contains more pictures from old star atlases, of
            obsolete constellations such as Antinous and Frederici Honores.

            Also, I added a link to the site those pictures come from in the Links
            section.

            Used in conjunction with modern star maps, they can serve as a guide
            to the meaning of these stars.