Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed Stars and Hindu astrology

  • Sunil John
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi Shev
      Greetings

      I am a silent spectator in this group as i am trying to learn in bits and pieces about Fixed Stars. Diana's work has been an inspiration in that regard

      Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many works on it has not come out and we are just starting to understand it whereas my friends in Western Astrology has shown me that Western Astrology have done tremendous work on Progressions.

      In an Ancient Book called Deva Kerelam (Vedic Astro) their is a system of progression (coded) which is very similar to another more ancient method of progression called Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra Paddathi), it is similar to the writing of a French Astrologer (name i forget) which is 1 sign equals to 1 year. An article on this is found in the website that Diana mentioned www.saptarishisastrology.com . If you are unable to get it i can mail it to the list or to you privately at ur email id with the attachment of the article.

      Another method of Progression that is hidden in a 6th century work of an Indian AStrologer by the name of Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village astrologers is 7 years per sign.

      In the annual chart one of our friends has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

      Kind regards
      Sunil John
      Mumbai

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
        > Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many
        > works on it has not come out ...In an Ancient Book called Deva
        > Kerelam ... similar to Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra
        > Paddathi), www.saptarishisastrology.com . Another method of
        > Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village
        > astrologers is 7 years per sign. In the annual chart one of our friends
        > has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

        Hi Sunil John in Mumbai,

        Thank you very much Sunil John. This will be very helpful, and I think I
        will be able to find now what I was searching for. My best wishes to you
        and your beautiful city.

        Shev
      • Sunil John
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

          Hi Shev
          You are most welcome and thanks for your kind comments

          Regards
          Sunil

          > Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many
          > works on it has not come out ...In an Ancient Book called Deva
          > Kerelam ... similar to Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra
          > Paddathi), www.saptarishisastrology.com . Another method of
          > Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village
          > astrologers is 7 years per sign. In the annual chart one of our friends
          > has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

          Hi Sunil John in Mumbai,

          Thank you very much Sunil John. This will be very helpful, and I think I
          will be able to find now what I was searching for. My best wishes to you
          and your beautiful city.

          Shev

        • Ravi Govande
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
            Dear Shev,

             In Hindu astrology progressions are not used as western astrology for forecasting life events similar to Vimshottary system there are multilples of dasha systems with variable times given to various planets. the most effective and giving accurate results is Vimshottary system. Time slots allotted to various planets needs to be researched on what basis has been arrived, I feel if done by any of the current researchers will be boost to indian astrology Sun: 6 years, Moon 10 Years, Venus 20 years, Mercury 17 years,Jupiter 16 years, Saturn 19 years, Mars, Ketu 7 years each and Rahu 18 years totals 120 years.It is my obervations that many times anterdasha planets rulling are those which are connected to fixed stars either in paran aspects or influencing those lattitudes where travel takes place.
            Ravi Gowande