Fixed Stars and Hindu astrology

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010

      1c. Re: Pluto antiscia/Algol

      Posted by: "Ravi Govande" govanderavi@... govanderavi

      Date: Thu Jul 1, 2010 4:26 am ((PDT))

      Ravi sent:

      Dear Shev,

       I can not comment on antiscia but I would request you look into details of Hindu Vimshottary system. It is my obervations that fixed stars do prominent place in Hindu astrology and must have been incorporated in the system of analysis.

      Ravi Gowande

      ===========================
      Hi Ravi
      Siderealist astrologer Edith Hathaway has just finished an extended interview with me about the stars and the sidereal vs tropical zodiacs, which will appear in the on-line Saptarishis Journal in about 3 weeks - I think they said July 22 is the target date.- The Journal covers both tropical and sidereal materials:  I will let the group know when it comes out.  www.saptarishisastrology.com/

      Love, Diana

    • Shevtsova
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hi Ravi
        Siderealist astrologer Edith Hathaway has just finished an extended
        interview with me about the stars and the sidereal vs tropical zodiacs,
        which will appear in the on-line Saptarishis Journal in about 3 weeks - I
        think they said July 22 is the target date.- The Journal covers both
        tropical and sidereal materials: I will let the group know when it comes
        out. www.saptarishisastrology.com/

        Love, Diana

        Website: http://ye-stars.com

        Hi,

        I am certain it will be very interesting. I did study Hindu astrology for a
        little time, but because of a friend who was starting to study ancient
        astrology and because there are so many ancient astrologers' books which are
        now being translated. I know about the Vimshottari system of course, and
        have many books on this very efficient system. And I feel that both ancient
        and hindu astrology systems are interconnected of course, as both borrowed
        from one another. There is one question that have not been aswered to me
        however on hindu astrology. Do they have progressions similar or close to
        the secondary progressions? and what would they be called?

        Thank you

        Shev
      • Sunil John
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
          Hi Shev
          Greetings

          I am a silent spectator in this group as i am trying to learn in bits and pieces about Fixed Stars. Diana's work has been an inspiration in that regard

          Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many works on it has not come out and we are just starting to understand it whereas my friends in Western Astrology has shown me that Western Astrology have done tremendous work on Progressions.

          In an Ancient Book called Deva Kerelam (Vedic Astro) their is a system of progression (coded) which is very similar to another more ancient method of progression called Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra Paddathi), it is similar to the writing of a French Astrologer (name i forget) which is 1 sign equals to 1 year. An article on this is found in the website that Diana mentioned www.saptarishisastrology.com . If you are unable to get it i can mail it to the list or to you privately at ur email id with the attachment of the article.

          Another method of Progression that is hidden in a 6th century work of an Indian AStrologer by the name of Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village astrologers is 7 years per sign.

          In the annual chart one of our friends has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

          Kind regards
          Sunil John
          Mumbai

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
            > Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many
            > works on it has not come out ...In an Ancient Book called Deva
            > Kerelam ... similar to Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra
            > Paddathi), www.saptarishisastrology.com . Another method of
            > Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village
            > astrologers is 7 years per sign. In the annual chart one of our friends
            > has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

            Hi Sunil John in Mumbai,

            Thank you very much Sunil John. This will be very helpful, and I think I
            will be able to find now what I was searching for. My best wishes to you
            and your beautiful city.

            Shev
          • Sunil John
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

              Hi Shev
              You are most welcome and thanks for your kind comments

              Regards
              Sunil

              > Regarding Progression in Hindu Astrology, unfortunately so far many
              > works on it has not come out ...In an Ancient Book called Deva
              > Kerelam ... similar to Bhrighu Circle Methodology (Bhrighu Chakra
              > Paddathi), www.saptarishisastrology.com . Another method of
              > Varahamihira is 4 years per sign, another used by some select village
              > astrologers is 7 years per sign. In the annual chart one of our friends
              > has deduced one month per house system and he has found excellent results.

              Hi Sunil John in Mumbai,

              Thank you very much Sunil John. This will be very helpful, and I think I
              will be able to find now what I was searching for. My best wishes to you
              and your beautiful city.

              Shev

            • Ravi Govande
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
                Dear Shev,

                 In Hindu astrology progressions are not used as western astrology for forecasting life events similar to Vimshottary system there are multilples of dasha systems with variable times given to various planets. the most effective and giving accurate results is Vimshottary system. Time slots allotted to various planets needs to be researched on what basis has been arrived, I feel if done by any of the current researchers will be boost to indian astrology Sun: 6 years, Moon 10 Years, Venus 20 years, Mercury 17 years,Jupiter 16 years, Saturn 19 years, Mars, Ketu 7 years each and Rahu 18 years totals 120 years.It is my obervations that many times anterdasha planets rulling are those which are connected to fixed stars either in paran aspects or influencing those lattitudes where travel takes place.
                Ravi Gowande