Reply to Diana: Zeta Corvi

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 7 2:37 PM
      --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
      wrote:

      [me]

      the heart of Corvus the Crow is marked by
      > Zeta
      > >Corvi at 24 Aries 10

      [you]

      > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
      > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit

      [me]

      Yeah, that's an obvious mistake; I mean, Algorab is in
      Corvus, too, and Corvus isn't very big, and Algorab is
      in Libra right now. I was pretty tired last night.
      Sorry.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7 7:51 PM

        > --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
        > wrote:
        >

        > [me]
        >
        > the heart of Corvus the Crow is marked by
        > > Zeta
        > > >Corvi at 24 Aries 10
        >
        > [you]
        >

        > > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh -
        > for
        > > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit

        [me earlier]

        > Yeah, that's an obvious mistake; I mean, Algorab is
        > in
        > Corvus, too, and Corvus isn't very big, and Algorab
        > is
        > in Libra right now. I was pretty tired last night.

        http://www.alcyone.de/SIT/bsc/HR4696.html

        The epoch-2000 coordinates for Zeta Corvi are right
        ascension 12h20m33.7s, declination -22°12'57", and
        when I entered the right-ascension values into
        SolarFire 5's fixed-star editor, I inadvertently left
        off the first digit of the hour value. Like I
        said--tired.

        And the results I got when I entered these epoch-2000
        coordinates were the July 7, 2005 coordinates, which
        are 13 Libra 52'36", which you can round to the
        nearest minute--13 Libra 53. I think the program is
        automatically factoring in the arc of procession
        (about five minutes) between now and the epoch-2000
        position when it calculates these fixed-star
        positions.

      • Trishmare7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8 7:35 AM
          In a message dated 7/7/2005 5:04:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ye-stars@... writes:
          Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
          instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit
          My natal Sun is 14 Libra and I have a flock of crows I feed every day.  Well, they aren't "mine"--they're wild crows, but I've fed them for years and now they line up in the morning waiting for whatever I'll bring out (they are the most un-picky of birds ... will eat just about anything, but like hard-boiled eggs and peanuts the best).  I've always loved all animals and birds but especially crows, wolves, and whales.

          Love,
          Trish (flock of crows is not as numerous as it used to be--West Nile Virus hit the poor things very hard.  Only now rebuilding their numbers).
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8 3:16 PM
            --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

            > Standard Time,
            > ye-stars@... writes:
            >
            > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
            > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit
            >

            > My natal Sun is 14 Libra and I have a flock of crows
            > I feed every day.
            > Well, they aren't "mine"--they're wild crows, but
            > I've fed them for years and now
            > they line up in the morning waiting for whatever
            > I'll bring out (they are
            > the most un-picky of birds ... will eat just about
            > anything, but like
            > hard-boiled eggs and peanuts the best). I've always
            > loved all animals and birds but
            > especially crows, wolves, and whales.
            >
            > Love,
            > Trish (flock of crows is not as numerous as it used
            > to be--West Nile Virus
            > hit the poor things very hard. Only now rebuilding
            > their numbers).

            If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
            raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
            with stars in Corvus yet.

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          • Trishmare7@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9 6:50 AM
              In a message dated 7/8/2005 6:17:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:

              If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
              raven.  I don't know if I have any natal alignments
              with stars in Corvus yet.

              Mark A. Holmes
              I knew a lady who had a crow as a pet--found injured as a fledgling. She nursed it back to health and that crow became probably the best pet (outside of a dog) anyone could want (er, no offence to the cat lovers on the list ...). Crows are fantastically intelligent. (This was a long time ago and I hadn't yet "discovered" astrology--dunno if she had any alignments with Corvus either).

              Trish Marie
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9 9:24 AM
                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@a... wrote:

                > In a message dated 7/8/2005 6:17:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > mahtezcatpoc@y... writes:
                >

                > If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                > raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                > with stars in Corvus yet.
                >
                > Mark A. Holmes
                >

                > I knew a lady who had a crow as a pet--found injured as a
                fledgling. She
                > nursed it back to health and that crow became probably the best
                pet (outside of
                > a dog) anyone could want (er, no offence to the cat lovers on the
                list ...).

                None taken. :) I've kept cats since I was 19. I have one now.

                > Crows are fantastically intelligent. (This was a long time ago
                and I hadn't
                > yet "discovered" astrology--dunno if she had any alignments with
                Corvus
                > either).

                I think it might be illegal in Texas to keep crows and ravens in
                captivity, since they're scavenger birds (like vultures). There are
                laws here against keeping captive scavenger birds or wild animals
                (though the legal definition of "wild animal" is a bit strange;
                skunks, coyotes and buzzards are wild animals, but lions and tigers
                aren't--people can keep them caged in their back yards, and
                hopefully nobody will be attacked by them, which has been known to
                happen).

                I've kept tarantulas and am now trying to get a vinegaroon (another
                type of arachnid, for those who don't know; it's somewhat similar to
                a scorpion, but stingless). I have Antares (Alpha Scorpii, at the
                heart of the Scorpion) aligned with the Moon; I also have the
                asteroid Okyrhoe (#52872), a Centaur, aligned with another star of
                Scorpius, Dschubba (Delta Scorpii), in the Scorpion's forehead.
                Okyrhoe has to do with following one's inner voice against whatever
                resistance might come up (among other things). Some people are
                turned off by bugs and reptiles, but some keep them as pets. I
                wouldn't mind having a nonpoisonous snake or other reptile like a
                chameleon or iguana, either.

                BTW: I also have Rho Ophiuchi aligned with the Moon; it's just north
                of Antares, underneath the left foot of Ophiuchus.

                Mark A. Holmes
              • Morgana
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9 11:01 AM

                  Mark, I am finding this site to be very interesting as well as informative.

                  Corvus conjuncts my Mars natal and I have always had a thing with Crows.  Strangely when driving through the mountains I notice crow looking up at me as he lands to my right or my left of the road and I would think, “Crow is warning me about something”.  Sure enough I would round a bend and there would be a deer coming from either the left of the road or the right, the same side the Crow landed and because of the Crow I would be ready.   This kind of thing happens so often with Crow while driving that I pay attention.

                  I moved recently and have noticed a baby Crow that hangs around my balcony.    He will sit on the roof looking down at me, cocking his head, or sits on the branches also watching.    He also loves to antagonize my Cat with this behavior.

                  Cheers,

                  Morgana

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9 5:58 PM
                    --- Morgana <morganaspirit@...> wrote:

                    > Mark, I am finding this site to be very interesting
                    > as well as
                    > informative.

                    Good.

                    > Corvus conjuncts my Mars natal and I have always had
                    > a thing with Crows.

                    Which star in Corvus is aligned with (or conjunct)
                    your Mars?

                    > Strangely when driving through the mountains I
                    > notice crow looking up at
                    > me as he lands to my right or my left of the road
                    > and I would think,
                    > "Crow is warning me about something". Sure enough I
                    > would round a bend
                    > and there would be a deer coming from either the
                    > left of the road or the
                    > right, the same side the Crow landed and because of
                    > the Crow I would be
                    > ready. This kind of thing happens so often with
                    > Crow while driving
                    > that I pay attention.

                    Interesting.

                    > I moved recently and have noticed a baby Crow that
                    > hangs around my
                    > balcony. He will sit on the roof looking down at
                    > me, cocking his
                    > head, or sits on the branches also watching. He
                    > also loves to
                    > antagonize my Cat with this behavior.
                    > Cheers,
                    > Morgana

                    > Standard Time,
                    > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                    > >

                    > If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                    > raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                    > with stars in Corvus yet.

                    Kraz (Beta Corvi) aligned with my Juno. Kraz marks the
                    Crow's feet.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 12 2:37 AM
                      Hi all,

                      I can't resist posting this re Corvus the crow!!!

                      have a laugh on me,
                      Heather

                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Morgana" <morganaspirit@t...>