Corvus

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
      First, congratulations, Bernadette!

      By the way, what's your favorite chart for Blighty?

      I like the 1066 coronation, which had Jupiter trining its
      Mars, New Moon on Fortuna, and Saturn trine Moon...

      But now, with this attack...

      Mark wrote:

      >Also, the heart of Corvus the Crow is marked by Zeta
      >Corvi at 24 Aries 10 (a scavenger bird, like a
      >vulture? Also seen as a raven, the bird in the Edgar
      >Allan Poe poem that sat on a bust of Pallas and
      >croaked "Nevermore.") And, the heart of Piscis
      >Austrinus the Southern Fish is marked by Beta Piscis
      >Austrini at 27 Aquarius 16. (Heart of a fish = a "cold
      >fish"?)

      Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
      instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit

      I have 27 Aq 11 for Beta PsA - could you double-check that?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
        --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
        wrote:

        > I have 27 Aq 11 for Beta PsA - could you
        > double-check that?

        27 Aquarius 16 is the 2005 position, according to
        SolarFire 5. I believe 27 Aquarius 11 is the
        epoch-2000 position.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
          --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
          wrote:

          [me]

          the heart of Corvus the Crow is marked by
          > Zeta
          > >Corvi at 24 Aries 10

          [you]

          > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
          > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit

          [me]

          Yeah, that's an obvious mistake; I mean, Algorab is in
          Corvus, too, and Corvus isn't very big, and Algorab is
          in Libra right now. I was pretty tired last night.
          Sorry.

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005

            > --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > [me]
            >
            > the heart of Corvus the Crow is marked by
            > > Zeta
            > > >Corvi at 24 Aries 10
            >
            > [you]
            >

            > > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh -
            > for
            > > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit

            [me earlier]

            > Yeah, that's an obvious mistake; I mean, Algorab is
            > in
            > Corvus, too, and Corvus isn't very big, and Algorab
            > is
            > in Libra right now. I was pretty tired last night.

            http://www.alcyone.de/SIT/bsc/HR4696.html

            The epoch-2000 coordinates for Zeta Corvi are right
            ascension 12h20m33.7s, declination -22°12'57", and
            when I entered the right-ascension values into
            SolarFire 5's fixed-star editor, I inadvertently left
            off the first digit of the hour value. Like I
            said--tired.

            And the results I got when I entered these epoch-2000
            coordinates were the July 7, 2005 coordinates, which
            are 13 Libra 52'36", which you can round to the
            nearest minute--13 Libra 53. I think the program is
            automatically factoring in the arc of procession
            (about five minutes) between now and the epoch-2000
            position when it calculates these fixed-star
            positions.

          • Trishmare7@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2005
              In a message dated 7/7/2005 5:04:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ye-stars@... writes:
              Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
              instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit
              My natal Sun is 14 Libra and I have a flock of crows I feed every day.  Well, they aren't "mine"--they're wild crows, but I've fed them for years and now they line up in the morning waiting for whatever I'll bring out (they are the most un-picky of birds ... will eat just about anything, but like hard-boiled eggs and peanuts the best).  I've always loved all animals and birds but especially crows, wolves, and whales.

              Love,
              Trish (flock of crows is not as numerous as it used to be--West Nile Virus hit the poor things very hard.  Only now rebuilding their numbers).
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 8, 2005
                --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

                > Standard Time,
                > ye-stars@... writes:
                >
                > Zeta Corvi is 13 Libra 48 - can be very harsh - for
                > instance, Mercury 9/11, cnj Asc 1st WTC hit
                >

                > My natal Sun is 14 Libra and I have a flock of crows
                > I feed every day.
                > Well, they aren't "mine"--they're wild crows, but
                > I've fed them for years and now
                > they line up in the morning waiting for whatever
                > I'll bring out (they are
                > the most un-picky of birds ... will eat just about
                > anything, but like
                > hard-boiled eggs and peanuts the best). I've always
                > loved all animals and birds but
                > especially crows, wolves, and whales.
                >
                > Love,
                > Trish (flock of crows is not as numerous as it used
                > to be--West Nile Virus
                > hit the poor things very hard. Only now rebuilding
                > their numbers).

                If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                with stars in Corvus yet.

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
              • Trishmare7@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2005
                  In a message dated 7/8/2005 6:17:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:

                  If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                  raven.  I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                  with stars in Corvus yet.

                  Mark A. Holmes
                  I knew a lady who had a crow as a pet--found injured as a fledgling. She nursed it back to health and that crow became probably the best pet (outside of a dog) anyone could want (er, no offence to the cat lovers on the list ...). Crows are fantastically intelligent. (This was a long time ago and I hadn't yet "discovered" astrology--dunno if she had any alignments with Corvus either).

                  Trish Marie
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2005
                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@a... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 7/8/2005 6:17:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    > mahtezcatpoc@y... writes:
                    >

                    > If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                    > raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                    > with stars in Corvus yet.
                    >
                    > Mark A. Holmes
                    >

                    > I knew a lady who had a crow as a pet--found injured as a
                    fledgling. She
                    > nursed it back to health and that crow became probably the best
                    pet (outside of
                    > a dog) anyone could want (er, no offence to the cat lovers on the
                    list ...).

                    None taken. :) I've kept cats since I was 19. I have one now.

                    > Crows are fantastically intelligent. (This was a long time ago
                    and I hadn't
                    > yet "discovered" astrology--dunno if she had any alignments with
                    Corvus
                    > either).

                    I think it might be illegal in Texas to keep crows and ravens in
                    captivity, since they're scavenger birds (like vultures). There are
                    laws here against keeping captive scavenger birds or wild animals
                    (though the legal definition of "wild animal" is a bit strange;
                    skunks, coyotes and buzzards are wild animals, but lions and tigers
                    aren't--people can keep them caged in their back yards, and
                    hopefully nobody will be attacked by them, which has been known to
                    happen).

                    I've kept tarantulas and am now trying to get a vinegaroon (another
                    type of arachnid, for those who don't know; it's somewhat similar to
                    a scorpion, but stingless). I have Antares (Alpha Scorpii, at the
                    heart of the Scorpion) aligned with the Moon; I also have the
                    asteroid Okyrhoe (#52872), a Centaur, aligned with another star of
                    Scorpius, Dschubba (Delta Scorpii), in the Scorpion's forehead.
                    Okyrhoe has to do with following one's inner voice against whatever
                    resistance might come up (among other things). Some people are
                    turned off by bugs and reptiles, but some keep them as pets. I
                    wouldn't mind having a nonpoisonous snake or other reptile like a
                    chameleon or iguana, either.

                    BTW: I also have Rho Ophiuchi aligned with the Moon; it's just north
                    of Antares, underneath the left foot of Ophiuchus.

                    Mark A. Holmes
                  • Morgana
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 9, 2005

                      Mark, I am finding this site to be very interesting as well as informative.

                      Corvus conjuncts my Mars natal and I have always had a thing with Crows.  Strangely when driving through the mountains I notice crow looking up at me as he lands to my right or my left of the road and I would think, “Crow is warning me about something”.  Sure enough I would round a bend and there would be a deer coming from either the left of the road or the right, the same side the Crow landed and because of the Crow I would be ready.   This kind of thing happens so often with Crow while driving that I pay attention.

                      I moved recently and have noticed a baby Crow that hangs around my balcony.    He will sit on the roof looking down at me, cocking his head, or sits on the branches also watching.    He also loves to antagonize my Cat with this behavior.

                      Cheers,

                      Morgana

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 9, 2005
                        --- Morgana <morganaspirit@...> wrote:

                        > Mark, I am finding this site to be very interesting
                        > as well as
                        > informative.

                        Good.

                        > Corvus conjuncts my Mars natal and I have always had
                        > a thing with Crows.

                        Which star in Corvus is aligned with (or conjunct)
                        your Mars?

                        > Strangely when driving through the mountains I
                        > notice crow looking up at
                        > me as he lands to my right or my left of the road
                        > and I would think,
                        > "Crow is warning me about something". Sure enough I
                        > would round a bend
                        > and there would be a deer coming from either the
                        > left of the road or the
                        > right, the same side the Crow landed and because of
                        > the Crow I would be
                        > ready. This kind of thing happens so often with
                        > Crow while driving
                        > that I pay attention.

                        Interesting.

                        > I moved recently and have noticed a baby Crow that
                        > hangs around my
                        > balcony. He will sit on the roof looking down at
                        > me, cocking his
                        > head, or sits on the branches also watching. He
                        > also loves to
                        > antagonize my Cat with this behavior.
                        > Cheers,
                        > Morgana

                        > Standard Time,
                        > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                        > >

                        > If I wanted a bird as a pet, it would be a crow or
                        > raven. I don't know if I have any natal alignments
                        > with stars in Corvus yet.

                        Kraz (Beta Corvi) aligned with my Juno. Kraz marks the
                        Crow's feet.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
                          Hi all,

                          I can't resist posting this re Corvus the crow!!!

                          have a laugh on me,
                          Heather

                          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Morgana" <morganaspirit@t...>