Re: [thefixedstars] Current fixed star alignments (more)

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 4, 2005
      --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
      > Holmes
      > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      last week, some in effect now, some not

      > > Jupiter
      > >
      > > Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices),

      This has passed.

      Porrima (aka
      > Caphir)
      > > (Gamma Virginis), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

      These haven't.

      Missing and dead people are still in the news...

      > Uranus
      >
      > Satabishaj (Lambda Aquarii)

      This has passed.

      (Something to do with Tom DeLay and the fight over
      judicial filibusters, or the recent vote on the EU
      constitution? People feeling overwhelmed [Satabishaj]
      with the urges of others to change things [Uranus]?)

      > > Neptune
      > >
      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Still in effect (kind of deceptive and tantalizing).

      > > Ceres
      > >
      > > Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae
      > > Borealis)
      > >
      > > Juno
      > >
      > > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which
      > is sometimes seen
      > as a goldfish])

      These have all passed.

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae),

      This has passed.

      >Albireo (Beta Cygni),

      This has not.

      With the Democrats in the situation they're in in
      Congress, replacing Sandra O'Connor on the Supreme
      Court has the potential to be problematic; maybe not,
      though. Hopefully not.

      > Dumbbell
      > > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)

      located in Vulpecula the Fox's forepaws (which a fox
      can use to gain entry to something, like a
      chickenhouse, or maybe help it grab prey or burrow?)

      > a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox; also Beta
      > Hydri (in Hydrus
      > the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta
      > the Arrow), Tarazed
      > (Gamma Aquilae)

      These have not passed.

      I believe Sham is in the feathers at the back of the
      Arrow (which help keep arrows on course) and that
      Tarazed marks Aquila the Eagle's heart. Beta Hydri, I
      think, is at the end of the Water Snake's tail.

      Most Americans now think the Iraq war isn't worth
      fighting and Bush's pep talks, in which he urges
      staying the course, hasn't had much of an effect on
      Americans' opinions of his job performance.

      Three shark attacks off the coast of the Florida
      Panhandle within a few days; I believe one resulted in
      a fatality.

      A catfish the size of a full-grown bear has been
      caught in the Mekong River in Thailand, prompting some
      concern about disappearing large fish species. (Hydrus
      = formidable animals living in the water; dangerous
      things that you pick up, as fishermen in certain
      tropical waters pick up poisonous sea snakes in their
      nets [?]).

      North Node is now aligned with Corona Frederici
      (Lambda Andromedae), which is near Termes Frederici
      (Kappa Andromedae) and which marks the halo that is
      one of the Honors of Frederick (and also lies near
      Andromeda's chained right hand).

      Mexico has released a postage stamp honoring Memin
      Pinguin, a black cartoon character popular in Mexico
      which many Americans find racist (as we do Little
      Black Sambo and Stepin Fetchit), but Mexicans are
      lining up to get it in droves, saying we're being
      supersensitive and have no right to say anything given
      our history. (There are editorials in some Mexican
      newspapers about Mexican President Vicente Fox's
      tendency to mess things up.) This is right after Fox
      created an uproar here with his statement about poor
      Mexican migrants taking jobs in the US "that not even
      blacks want."

      They're still looking for that little boy from Idaho
      whose sister was recently found eating a late dinner
      at Denny's in her hometown with a convicted child
      molester, and also for Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
      There are suspicions that both are dead.

      There's also continued wrangling over the fate of
      Schapelle Corby, an Australian woman convicted of drug
      trafficking in Indonesia (I'm trying not to be too
      US-centric here).