More stars marking hearts

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
      It looks like the star closest to the heart of Canis
      Major the Big Dog is Pi Canis Majoris, a
      fifth-magnitude yellow-white (type F) star at 17
      Cancer 57. (All star positions in this post are epoch
      2000.)

      Monoceros the Unicorn (a magical creature which
      according to legend is attracted to virgins). I think
      the star marking Monoceros' heart is 19 Monocerotis, a
      fifth-magnitude blue (type B) star at 16 Cancer 37.

      (I have both these stars aligned with my North Node at
      17 Cancer 14.)

      The heart of Lupus the Wolf is apparently marked by
      Epsilon Lupi, a fourth-magnitude blue star at 0
      Sagittarius 08.

      It looks as though Arneb (Alpha Leporis) at 21 Gemini
      23 is the closest star to the heart of Lepus the Hare
      (or the Rabbit, if you prefer).

      I think you could say Wazn (Beta Columbae) at 26
      Gemini 25 marks the heart of Columba the Dove. Anne
      Wright's site says it's on the Dove's back.

      Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae), which I mentioned earlier and
      which is on the back of Aquila the Eagle at 0 Aquarius
      56, might be said to mark the Eagle's heart.

      Sigma Pavonis, a fifth-magnitude orange (type K) star
      at 21 Capricorn 40, appears to be the star marking the
      heart of Pavo the Peacock.

      Delta Chamaeleontis, a pair of stars at 5 Sagittarius
      44, seems to mark the heart of Chamaeleon the
      Chameleon. (That position is derived from the midpoint
      in right ascension and declination between Delta-1,
      an orange fifth-magnitude star at 10h45m16s/-80 28'
      11", and Delta-2, a blue fourth-magnitude star very
      close by in the sky at 10h45m47s/-80 32' 25".)

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • Martina
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
        Hi Mark and Diana,.. I have Pallas on Zeus-A,.. like the myth,..
        I get splitting headaches,... never thought to check about needles-
        that's sort of a specific "strike" as well,.... yuck,...
        Martina