Frederici/Andromeda

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
      Mark wrote:

      > North Node
      >
      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the crown in the obsolete
      > constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of Frederick, hence my
      name
      > Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)

      Frederici Honores (3-21 Ari) was created by Bode in 1787
      next to Lacerta, out of stars between Andromeda, Cepheus,
      Cassiopeia and Cygnus: Lambda (18Ari01), Chi, 10Tau13, Iota
      (15Ari48), Psi (19Ari40) Andromedae, to honor Frederick II
      of Prussia: "Below a nimbus the sign of royal dignity hangs,
      wreathed with the imperishable laurel of fame, a sword, pen
      and and olive branch, to distinguish this ever to be
      remembered monarch, as hero, sage, and peacemaker." Before
      that, in 1679, Royer had placed the Sceptre & the Hand of
      Justice in the same area, to honor King Louis XIV. They are
      no longer used.

      (From an old file, where positions are 1980; for 2000, add
      17 minutes; for present, add 21 minutes)

      >More opportunities for Bush with the impending retirement of Sandra
      >O'Connor.

      I prefer to keep these stars with their original
      constellations; in this case Psi Andromedae, near
      Andromeda's chained right hand. Bondage-freedom issues.

      Egyptian envoy seized, for instance.

      Sandra O'Connor "tied down" because of her commitment to her
      ailing husband.

      Kidnapped girl found.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
        --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
        wrote:

        > Mark wrote:
        >
        > > North Node
        > >
        > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the crown
        > in the obsolete
        > > constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of
        > Frederick, hence my
        > name
        > > Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)
        >
        > Frederici Honores (3-21 Ari) was created by Bode in
        > 1787
        > next to Lacerta, out of stars between Andromeda,
        > Cepheus,
        > Cassiopeia and Cygnus: Lambda (18Ari01), Chi,
        > 10Tau13,

        That's Chi Andromedae? Not Kappa Andromedae?

        Iota
        > (15Ari48), Psi (19Ari40) Andromedae, to honor
        > Frederick II
        > of Prussia: "Below a nimbus the sign of royal
        > dignity hangs,
        > wreathed with the imperishable laurel of fame, a
        > sword, pen
        > and and olive branch, to distinguish this ever to be
        > remembered monarch, as hero, sage, and peacemaker."
        > Before
        > that, in 1679, Royer had placed the Sceptre & the
        > Hand of
        > Justice in the same area, to honor King Louis XIV.
        > They are
        > no longer used.
        >
        > (From an old file, where positions are 1980; for
        > 2000, add
        > 17 minutes; for present, add 21 minutes)
        >

        > >More opportunities for Bush with the impending
        > retirement of Sandra
        > >O'Connor.
        >
        > I prefer to keep these stars with their original
        > constellations;

        Whatever.

        in this case Psi Andromedae, near
        > Andromeda's chained right hand. Bondage-freedom
        > issues.
        >
        > Egyptian envoy seized, for instance.
        >
        > Sandra O'Connor "tied down" because of her
        > commitment to her
        > ailing husband.
        >
        > Kidnapped girl found.

        Her brother still missing.

        Two Rwandan businessmen sentenced to jail terms for
        aiding the genocide there.

        Also, continuing the "crowned with honors" theme:

        Venus Williams beating Lindsey Davenport at Wimbledon
        (Venus Williams has had it rough these past few
        years).

        The death of former Wisconsin senator and leading
        environmentalist Gaylord Nelson, founder of Earth Day.

        An expansion underway of Arlington National Cemetery,
        where America's foremost military heroes are buried.

        Tony Blair takes over the EU Presidency.

        Steve Fossett and Mark Rebholz successfully reenact
        the 1919 transatlantic flight of John Alcock and
        Arthur Brown in a replica of the Vickers Vimy biplane
        these two British aviators used, touching down in
        Ireland after a 20-hour flight from Canada, navigating
        by the stars and the moon just as Alcock and Brown
        did.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005

          > --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Mark wrote:
          > >
          > > > North Node
          > > >
          > > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the
          > crown
          > > in the obsolete
          > > > constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of
          > > Frederick, hence my
          > > name
          > > > Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)
          > >
          > > Frederici Honores (3-21 Ari) was created by Bode
          > in
          > > 1787
          > > next to Lacerta, out of stars between Andromeda,
          > > Cepheus,
          > > Cassiopeia and Cygnus: Lambda (18Ari01), Chi,
          > > 10Tau13, >
          >
          > Iota
          > > (15Ari48), Psi (19Ari40) Andromedae, to honor
          > > Frederick II
          > > of Prussia:
          >
          > That's Chi Andromedae? Not Kappa Andromedae?

          I thought it was Kappa. Thanks for the correction.