Re: Current fixed star alignments (more)

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2 10:57 AM
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which is sometimes
      seen
      > as a goldfish])

      The Live 8 concert has attracted a certain amount of controversy,
      and US Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has announced that
      she is retiring, energizing US civil-rights advocates.(?)

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae), Albireo (Beta Cygni), Dumbbell
      > > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)
      >
      > a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox;

      which seems to operate as the name "Dumbbell" would suggest

      also Beta Hydri (in Hydrus
      > the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta the Arrow),
      Tarazed
      > (Gamma Aquilae)

      doesn't look very nice, given what these constellations are

      > North Node
      >
      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the crown in the obsolete
      > constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of Frederick, hence my
      name
      > Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)

      More opportunities for Bush with the impending retirement of Sandra
      O'Connor.

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 4 2:31 PM
        --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
        > Holmes
        > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

        last week, some in effect now, some not

        > > Jupiter
        > >
        > > Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices),

        This has passed.

        Porrima (aka
        > Caphir)
        > > (Gamma Virginis), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

        These haven't.

        Missing and dead people are still in the news...

        > Uranus
        >
        > Satabishaj (Lambda Aquarii)

        This has passed.

        (Something to do with Tom DeLay and the fight over
        judicial filibusters, or the recent vote on the EU
        constitution? People feeling overwhelmed [Satabishaj]
        with the urges of others to change things [Uranus]?)

        > > Neptune
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

        Still in effect (kind of deceptive and tantalizing).

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae
        > > Borealis)
        > >
        > > Juno
        > >
        > > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
        >
        > also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which
        > is sometimes seen
        > as a goldfish])

        These have all passed.

        > > Chiron
        > >
        > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae),

        This has passed.

        >Albireo (Beta Cygni),

        This has not.

        With the Democrats in the situation they're in in
        Congress, replacing Sandra O'Connor on the Supreme
        Court has the potential to be problematic; maybe not,
        though. Hopefully not.

        > Dumbbell
        > > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)

        located in Vulpecula the Fox's forepaws (which a fox
        can use to gain entry to something, like a
        chickenhouse, or maybe help it grab prey or burrow?)

        > a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox; also Beta
        > Hydri (in Hydrus
        > the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta
        > the Arrow), Tarazed
        > (Gamma Aquilae)

        These have not passed.

        I believe Sham is in the feathers at the back of the
        Arrow (which help keep arrows on course) and that
        Tarazed marks Aquila the Eagle's heart. Beta Hydri, I
        think, is at the end of the Water Snake's tail.

        Most Americans now think the Iraq war isn't worth
        fighting and Bush's pep talks, in which he urges
        staying the course, hasn't had much of an effect on
        Americans' opinions of his job performance.

        Three shark attacks off the coast of the Florida
        Panhandle within a few days; I believe one resulted in
        a fatality.

        A catfish the size of a full-grown bear has been
        caught in the Mekong River in Thailand, prompting some
        concern about disappearing large fish species. (Hydrus
        = formidable animals living in the water; dangerous
        things that you pick up, as fishermen in certain
        tropical waters pick up poisonous sea snakes in their
        nets [?]).

        North Node is now aligned with Corona Frederici
        (Lambda Andromedae), which is near Termes Frederici
        (Kappa Andromedae) and which marks the halo that is
        one of the Honors of Frederick (and also lies near
        Andromeda's chained right hand).

        Mexico has released a postage stamp honoring Memin
        Pinguin, a black cartoon character popular in Mexico
        which many Americans find racist (as we do Little
        Black Sambo and Stepin Fetchit), but Mexicans are
        lining up to get it in droves, saying we're being
        supersensitive and have no right to say anything given
        our history. (There are editorials in some Mexican
        newspapers about Mexican President Vicente Fox's
        tendency to mess things up.) This is right after Fox
        created an uproar here with his statement about poor
        Mexican migrants taking jobs in the US "that not even
        blacks want."

        They're still looking for that little boy from Idaho
        whose sister was recently found eating a late dinner
        at Denny's in her hometown with a convicted child
        molester, and also for Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
        There are suspicions that both are dead.

        There's also continued wrangling over the fate of
        Schapelle Corby, an Australian woman convicted of drug
        trafficking in Indonesia (I'm trying not to be too
        US-centric here).