Re: heliacal setting star

  • govanderavi
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 19, 2009
      > Helical setting stars can be considered same as 7 th house cusp. All over world most of the astrologers are considering Ascendent and Midheaven. Descendent is exactly opposite point and most of the aspects with ascendent are same with descendent but with different aspect. same way No need to consider Setting stars.
      Ravi Gowande

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2009
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > Probably a life outside convention or the mainstream. :)

        Like, it's generally considered the conventional thing to get married and have kids, but some don't get married, and some choose to have kids out of wedlock. Or they're into marriages with big age differences, open marriages, or polyamory, or they marry across racial or class lines (say, an Israeli Jew marrying a Palestinian, or Hindus in India marrying outside their caste, or a celebrity actress marrying a construction worker).

        Mark A. Holmes

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2009
          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@> wrote:
          > > Helical setting stars can be considered same as 7 th house cusp. All over world most of the astrologers are considering Ascendent and Midheaven. Descendent is exactly opposite point and most of the aspects with ascendent are same with descendent but with different aspect. same way No need to consider Setting stars.
          > Ravi Gowande

          Well, I consider aspects/alignments to the Descendant (and IC) worth looking at, especially since I personally don't use any aspect with fixed stars but the conjunction (true conjunction or conjunction of the planet and star's zodiacal longitudes, i.e., alignment). Others can do so if they think it works or ignore conjunctions/alignments to the Descendant and IC if they want.

          Mark A. Holmes