Re: heliacal setting star

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009

      > okay I can find all kinds of interpretations for rising stars, but I can't find hardly anything on setting stars, even in BBs Fixed Star book I find few interpretations for setting stars?
      >
      > So what's up with that? anyone have sources?
      >
      > some discussion on this topic greatly appreciated,
      >
      > MissB

      Do you have a heliacal setting star in your chart?

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 16, 2009
        Denebola

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 16, 2009
          Brady Paran analysis has "persuing an alternate life"
          but I was hoping ot find a bit more about the subject in general.

          MissB

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 16, 2009
            "Pursuing an alternate life" + the symbolism of the Descendant...does that sound anything like you?

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 16, 2009
              :) alternate to what?

              that seems entirely too vague to me. I know few people you couldnt' attach a statement like that too. Most people have something they enjoy that isn't everyones cup of tea, so... I"m not falling for vagueness.

              :) Beth

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 16, 2009
                Probably a life outside convention or the mainstream. :)

                Mark A. Holmes

                that seems entirely too vague to me. I know few people you couldnt' attach a statement like that too. Most people have something they enjoy that isn't everyones cup of tea, so... I"m not falling for vagueness.

                :) Beth

                --- In thefixedstars@ yahoogroups. com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@ ...> wrote:

                > "Pursuing an alternate life" + the symbolism of the Descendant.. .does that sound anything like you?
                >
                > Mark A. Holmes

              • govanderavi
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 19, 2009
                  > Helical setting stars can be considered same as 7 th house cusp. All over world most of the astrologers are considering Ascendent and Midheaven. Descendent is exactly opposite point and most of the aspects with ascendent are same with descendent but with different aspect. same way No need to consider Setting stars.
                  Ravi Gowande

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 20, 2009
                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                    > Probably a life outside convention or the mainstream. :)

                    Like, it's generally considered the conventional thing to get married and have kids, but some don't get married, and some choose to have kids out of wedlock. Or they're into marriages with big age differences, open marriages, or polyamory, or they marry across racial or class lines (say, an Israeli Jew marrying a Palestinian, or Hindus in India marrying outside their caste, or a celebrity actress marrying a construction worker).

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 20, 2009
                      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@> wrote:
                      > > Helical setting stars can be considered same as 7 th house cusp. All over world most of the astrologers are considering Ascendent and Midheaven. Descendent is exactly opposite point and most of the aspects with ascendent are same with descendent but with different aspect. same way No need to consider Setting stars.
                      > Ravi Gowande

                      Well, I consider aspects/alignments to the Descendant (and IC) worth looking at, especially since I personally don't use any aspect with fixed stars but the conjunction (true conjunction or conjunction of the planet and star's zodiacal longitudes, i.e., alignment). Others can do so if they think it works or ignore conjunctions/alignments to the Descendant and IC if they want.

                      Mark A. Holmes