Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Fixed stars as extra ring points in SF (was Alcyone)

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hey Heather!  Very belated THANK YOUs for this!  (I've been extremely busy, just now catching up--so many great posts, so little time to read 'em, sigh!)

      Love,
      Trish Marie

      In a message dated 6/4/2005 9:49:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, HeatherCam@... writes:
      Trish,

      Finally have time to wrap my head around this...sorry for delay

      Assuming here that you need to create an outer wheel for your chart,
      open your chart in Solar Fire,
      click on "Wheel Styles" button to the right,
      Scroll down and highlight file "Uniextra4.WH1"
      Click on "select" button
      then click on "Redraw"

      This will set up the chart for a placement of "extra rings points"
      around your chart.

      Over the chart, click on your right mouse button,
      if a "fixed star" file is not there, click on button "create",
      type in "Brady fixed star" or similar.
      Then click on button "Edit"
      Tick the "fixed star" file on the right

      Go down and click on "Select", and you should see
      a file called "Brady.FST". Highlight, then click
      "select".

      You should then see a list of fixed stars on the right hand column.
      Need to highlight all these, and click on button "ADD".
      Make sure the total list has repeated itself on the right.
      Click on "save".
      Then with your newly created fixed star file highlighted click
      "select", then redraw. Voila your chart.

      There is also a way to put an extra ring around the chart to contain
      this extra information. Something I have not yet worked out how to do
      with how my charts are set up for my own graphics and colour etc.

      Hope it all works okay,
      cheers,
      Heather