Re: Fixed star alignments (September 6, 2009)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      > orb).
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > *Corripio (Zeta Reticuli)

      This name, as you might have guessed, is my coinage; it's Latin for "seize" or "snatch up."

      In 1961, Barney and Eunice (Betty) Hill of Portsmouth, New Hampshire were reportedly abducted by aliens near Indian Head, New Hampshire while on a road trip. While in the alien spacecraft, Betty Hill was shown a star map, which she later reproduced while under hypnosis; someone discovered that it showed about three dozen sunlike stars as seen from the point of view of Zeta Reticuli, a double star system with two sunlike stars.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_Reticuli

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_Barney_Hill_abduction

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2009
        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
        > >
        > > As of midnight GMT.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
        > > orb).
        > >

        > > Uranus
        > >

        > > *Corripio (Zeta Reticuli)
        >

        > This name, as you might have guessed, is my coinage; it's Latin for "seize" or "snatch up."
        >
        > In 1961, Barney and Eunice (Betty) Hill of Portsmouth, New Hampshire were reportedly abducted by aliens near Indian Head, New Hampshire while on a road trip. While in the alien spacecraft, Betty Hill was shown a star map, which she later reproduced while under hypnosis; someone discovered that it showed about three dozen sunlike stars as seen from the point of view of Zeta Reticuli, a double star system with two sunlike stars.
        >

        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_Reticuli
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_Barney_Hill_abduction

        I also gave some of the stars in the Hyades and other stars around them in Taurus names that tradition doesn't assign to them; and, Evacuo (another coinage of mine, for Eta Antliae) marks the jar Antlia the Air-Pump is emptying of gas.