Dan Brown's parans

  • Astro Logos
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 24, 2005
       Hullo Outi...

      > I was starting to read Dan
      Brown's "Angles and Demons",and I got
      > interested in his parans. Would
      you have his birthtime, I know he
      > was born on 22.6.1964, Exeter New
      Hampshire.

      href="http://www.biogs.com/famous/browndan.html">http://www.biogs.com/famous/browndan.html

      Here are Dan Brown's parans - I have done them in Starlight for a birth between midnight and dawn on the 22 June 1964. If he was born after dawn on the 22 June then the stars to the moon would be different... anyway I think this set of parans fit him a bit better -see what you think

      STARS ON ANGLES AT MOMENT

      <Undetermined - Exact time unknown>

      HELIACAL RISING STAR

      Ankaa - Rising 05 mins 38 secs before Sunrise -
      To always see the potential in people or places

      HELIACAL SETTING STAR
      Arcturus - Setting 54 mins 01 secs before Sunrise -
      Always seeking a new pathway

      PARANS - BY ANGLE

      RISING - Stars of Your Youth
      Markab as © Mars is On Nadir orb 00 mins 03 secs -
      To be honest, and act in an open-handed way

      Sadalmelek as © Mars is On Nadir orb 00 mins 39 secs -
      A person who makes their own luck; auspicious events follow concentrated effort

      Sualocin as ¥ Sun is Setting orb 01 mins 04 secs -
      Physically talented, vital and alive - Curtailed passage

      Menkar as ¦ Moon is Setting orb 01 mins 55 secs -
      Emotionally committed to, or responsive to, the needs of the collective

      CULMINATING - Stars of Your Prime

      Ras Algethi as « Saturn is Rising orb 01 mins 07 secs -
      A strong personal creed, a disciplined person - Curtailed passage

      Aculeus as § Mercury is On Nadir orb 01 mins 54 secs -
      Mentally focused, dealing with hard problems, or struggling with financial issues

      SETTING - Stars of Your Latter Years

      Markab as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 00 mins 29 secs -
      A person who is consistent in their beliefs, an unchanging person

      Alhena as ¥ Sun is Setting orb 01 mins 28 secs -
      A leader with a mission, a person who is identified with a cause

      Sadalmelek as © Mars is Culminating orb 01 mins 32 secs -
      A person who makes their own luck; auspicious events follow concentrated effort

      Alkes as ¦ Moon is Culminating orb 01 mins 43 secs -
      A person with a love of, and empathy for, life and nature

      Vega as « Saturn is Setting orb 01 mins 56 secs -
      A dominating person who can hold onto power - Curtailed passage

      ON NADIR - Stars of Your Foundation

      Rigel as « Saturn is Rising orb 00 mins 53 secs -
      A law maker, or a law breaker - Arising and lying hidden

      Alnilam as § Mercury is On Nadir orb 01 mins 31 secs -
      A skilled orator or journalist with a different point of view - Arising and lying hidden

      I particularly like this paran to his Mercury - but its natal conjuntion to Venus in Gemini I think makes him a little too creative with the facts in order to make money. Indeed I find his work almost insulting to any person who has any form of education in history or art.. ... but then that is my opinion

      OK enjoy them Outi

      cheers

      Bernadette Brady
      www.AstroLogos.co.uk

    • scoppias
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 24, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astro Logos" wrote:

        > Here are Dan Brown's parans - I have done them in Starlight for a
        birth between midnight and dawn on the 22 June 1964. If he was born
        after dawn on the 22 June then the stars to the moon would be
        different... anyway I think this set of parans fit him a bit better -
        see what you think

        Hello Bernadette,

        I've just started this book, so I don't yet have an opinion of
        Brown's work yet. My sister brought me this "Angels and Demons" in
        English version, but I think I'll read "The Da Vinci Code" later in
        Finnish.

        > I particularly like this paran to his Mercury - but its natal
        conjuntion to Venus in Gemini I think makes him a little too
        creative with the facts in order to make money. Indeed I find his
        work almost insulting to any person who has any form of education in
        history or art.. ... but then that is my opinion

        Yes, I have heard of similar kind of talking, but I try to enjoy
        this book as it is, hopig nothing "jumps" to my eyes. I'm a bit late
        reading these popular books, as it feels everyone was talking about
        them ages ago.

        cheers

        Outi

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 28, 2005
          As of noon CDT today:

          Jupiter

          Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices), Porrima (aka Caphir)
          (Gamma Virginis), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

          Neptune

          Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

          Ceres

          Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae
          Borealis)

          Juno

          Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)

          Chiron

          Altair (Alpha Aquilae), Albireo (Beta Cygni), Dumbbell
          Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 28, 2005
            <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

            today:

            > Jupiter
            >
            > Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices), Porrima (aka Caphir)
            > (Gamma Virginis), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

            Uranus

            Satabishaj (Lambda Aquarii)

            > Neptune
            >
            > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
            >
            > Ceres
            >
            > Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae
            > Borealis)
            >
            > Juno
            >
            > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)

            also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which is sometimes seen
            as a goldfish])

            > Chiron
            >
            > Altair (Alpha Aquilae), Albireo (Beta Cygni), Dumbbell
            > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)

            a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox; also Beta Hydri (in Hydrus
            the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta the Arrow), Tarazed
            (Gamma Aquilae)

            North Node

            Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the crown in the obsolete
            constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of Frederick, hence my name
            Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)

            What this might mean in terms of current events will come later; it's
            getting late here in Texas.

            Mark A. Holmes
          • Nicky Allsop
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
              Dear Mark

              when you list these alignments, I assume you are listing them for a specific location common to most people on this list?  I am in Cape Town and from here the alignments are different, as star based astrology is location based, from one's own visual point of view.  It would be helpful if you listed the parans and alignments stating where you are located for the rest of us that are spread out across the globe:):)

              thanks, best wishes
              Nicky

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                --- Nicky Allsop <nik@...> wrote:

                > Dear Mark
                >
                > when you list these alignments, I assume you are
                > listing them for a specific
                > location common to most people on this list? I am
                > in Cape Town and from
                > here the alignments are different, as star based
                > astrology is location
                > based, from one's own visual point of view. It
                > would be helpful if you
                > listed the parans and alignments stating where you
                > are located for the rest
                > of us that are spread out across the globe:):)

                It's always been for my location (32N09/94W20, unless
                stated otherwise).

              • Nicky Allsop
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                  ahhh thanks for that, somehow I missed that
                  best Nicky

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                    Sorry if I didn't make that clear before.

                    BTW: All alignments are with an orb of no more than 1
                    00' of longitude. I might have posted about modern
                    parans before, but I would really like to get the
                    (very expensive) Starlight program so I can make a
                    proper comparison of true and modern parans for
                    myself.

                    Mark A. Holmes

                    --- Nicky Allsop <nik@...> wrote:

                    > ahhh thanks for that, somehow I missed that
                    > best Nicky
                    >
                    > _____

                  • Astro Logos
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                      Hi Mark

                      Starlight is cheaper then most report writing programs here in the UK, it
                      is just that the US dollar is so weak - which is a not good for US buyers I
                      agree, but I would just like to make this point quiet clear for this public
                      record. Starlight is not expensive it is just simply not subsidised by the
                      rest for the world's customers for the benefit of US buyers.

                      Cheers

                      Bernadette

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                        Uh, expensive from where I sit, that is.

                        Mark A. Holmes

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 29, 2005
                          I got my copy of SolarFire 5 from Astrolabe in
                          Massachusetts; counting postage and handling, it cost
                          something like US$180, which to some people (like me)
                          is a lot of money, especially with the high cost of
                          gasoline in the US right now. I didn't mean to suggest
                          that Starlight customers were being gouged; in my
                          case, though, I'll have to get it when I can pay for
                          it, and I really don't know when that's going to be.

                          <g>

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Mark
                          >
                          > Starlight is cheaper then most report writing
                          > programs here in the UK, it
                          > is just that the US dollar is so weak - which is a
                          > not good for US buyers I
                          > agree, but I would just like to make this point
                          > quiet clear for this public
                          > record. Starlight is not expensive it is just
                          > simply not subsidised by the
                          > rest for the world's customers for the benefit of US
                          > buyers.
                          >
                          > Cheers
                          >
                          > Bernadette

                        • Astro Logos
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 30, 2005
                            That's fine Mark, I understand. It is just that this is a public forum so
                            when you make personal value judgements about a piece of software it does
                            need to be clarified.

                            So... You think your gas is expensive..:)))) At the moment here in the UK
                            it cost us about a £0.90 per litre which is thus about £3.60 per gallon
                            which means that we pay about $6 to 7 US per US gallon.... what do you pay?

                            Bye Bye... from a rainy Bristol

                            Bernadette

                            >I got my copy of SolarFire 5 from Astrolabe in
                            > Massachusetts; counting postage and handling, it cost
                            > something like US$180, which to some people (like me)
                            > is a lot of money, especially with the high cost of
                            > gasoline in the US right now. I didn't mean to suggest
                            > that Starlight customers were being gouged; in my
                            > case, though, I'll have to get it when I can pay for
                            > it, and I really don't know when that's going to be.
                            >
                            > <g>
                            >
                            > Mark A. Holmes
                            >

                            > --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >> Hi Mark
                            >>
                            >> Starlight is cheaper then most report writing
                            >> programs here in the UK, it
                            >> is just that the US dollar is so weak - which is a
                            >> not good for US buyers I
                            >> agree, but I would just like to make this point
                            >> quiet clear for this public
                            >> record. Starlight is not expensive it is just
                            >> simply not subsidised by the
                            >> rest for the world's customers for the benefit of US
                            >> buyers.
                            >>
                            >> Cheers
                            >>
                            >> Bernadette

                          • Nicky Allsop
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 30, 2005
                              Hi Mark
                              just be very grateful you are not buying software with South African Rands like I had too!  In any event, I can assure you that Starlight is worth the investment, it is easy to use and apart from not being able to print the parapegma or cut and paste into research documents ( little favourite whinge of mine, sorry BB:):)) it is the most comprehensive, intelligble and well researched star programme - other programmes might have better graphics, have more stars, have more mythology described, but no one else has to date, taken charts, researched them and then interpreted the the mythologies  and condensed them into a single sentence and phrase that can blow you away with their accuracy.  I wish you many clients so that you can afford this programme in the near future.
                              best Nicky

                              --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Mark

                              Starlight is cheaper then most report writing
                              > programs here in the
                              UK,  it
                              > is just that the US dollar is so weak - which is a

                              not good for US buyers I
                              > agree, but I would just like to make this
                              point
                              > quiet clear for this public
                              > record.   Starlight
                              is not expensive it is just
                              > simply not subsidised by the
                              > rest
                              for the world's customers for the benefit of US
                              > buyers.

                              Cheers

                              Message -----
                              <mahtezcatpoc@...>

                              myself.

                            • astrocalypse
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 30, 2005
                                Hi Mark,

                                I can certainly empathize, wouldn't it be nice if everyone can afford
                                all the books, tapes, softwares, seminars, conferences, degree
                                courses they want to do with astrology ! No wonder so many people
                                give up once they learned the basics. Unless you charge/have enough
                                clients or a very good income from your main career, it is near
                                impossible.

                                I paid £243 for Solar Fire in 12/01 which translates to today's
                                prices would probably be $435, so the price must really have come
                                down once there are more competitions. In the meantime, perhaps you
                                can negotiate a special discount with Bernadette, say for the fixed
                                stars group active participants, if you group more than say 5 people
                                together to do a bulk purchase ??

                                Speaking tongue in cheek,
                                Cal

                                (I do have the Starlight program so unfortunately you have to count
                                me out.)

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 30, 2005
                                  --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:

                                  > So... You think your gas is expensive..:)))) At the
                                  > moment here in the UK
                                  > it cost us about a £0.90 per litre which is thus
                                  > about £3.60 per gallon
                                  > which means that we pay about $6 to 7 US per US
                                  > gallon.... what do you pay?

                                  Right now, about US$2 a gallon. It's been that way all
                                  year long. This in my part of Texas; I think prices
                                  have been even higher in other parts of the country,
                                  which can be a little (or more than a little)
                                  difficult with all the driving we do here. (So hybrids
                                  are gaining popularity.)

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
                                    <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

                                    > > Juno
                                    > >
                                    > > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
                                    >
                                    > also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which is sometimes
                                    seen
                                    > as a goldfish])

                                    The Live 8 concert has attracted a certain amount of controversy,
                                    and US Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has announced that
                                    she is retiring, energizing US civil-rights advocates.(?)

                                    > > Chiron
                                    > >
                                    > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae), Albireo (Beta Cygni), Dumbbell
                                    > > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)
                                    >
                                    > a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox;

                                    which seems to operate as the name "Dumbbell" would suggest

                                    also Beta Hydri (in Hydrus
                                    > the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta the Arrow),
                                    Tarazed
                                    > (Gamma Aquilae)

                                    doesn't look very nice, given what these constellations are

                                    > North Node
                                    >
                                    > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae--marks the crown in the obsolete
                                    > constellation Frederici Honores the Honors of Frederick, hence my
                                    name
                                    > Termes Frederici, the Crown of Frederick)

                                    More opportunities for Bush with the impending retirement of Sandra
                                    O'Connor.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 4, 2005
                                      --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                                      > Holmes
                                      > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

                                      last week, some in effect now, some not

                                      > > Jupiter
                                      > >
                                      > > Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices),

                                      This has passed.

                                      Porrima (aka
                                      > Caphir)
                                      > > (Gamma Virginis), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

                                      These haven't.

                                      Missing and dead people are still in the news...

                                      > Uranus
                                      >
                                      > Satabishaj (Lambda Aquarii)

                                      This has passed.

                                      (Something to do with Tom DeLay and the fight over
                                      judicial filibusters, or the recent vote on the EU
                                      constitution? People feeling overwhelmed [Satabishaj]
                                      with the urges of others to change things [Uranus]?)

                                      > > Neptune
                                      > >
                                      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                                      Still in effect (kind of deceptive and tantalizing).

                                      > > Ceres
                                      > >
                                      > > Acrux (Alpha Crucis), Alphecca (Alpha Coronae
                                      > > Borealis)
                                      > >
                                      > > Juno
                                      > >
                                      > > Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
                                      >
                                      > also Alpha Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which
                                      > is sometimes seen
                                      > as a goldfish])

                                      These have all passed.

                                      > > Chiron
                                      > >
                                      > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae),

                                      This has passed.

                                      >Albireo (Beta Cygni),

                                      This has not.

                                      With the Democrats in the situation they're in in
                                      Congress, replacing Sandra O'Connor on the Supreme
                                      Court has the potential to be problematic; maybe not,
                                      though. Hopefully not.

                                      > Dumbbell
                                      > > Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)

                                      located in Vulpecula the Fox's forepaws (which a fox
                                      can use to gain entry to something, like a
                                      chickenhouse, or maybe help it grab prey or burrow?)

                                      > a planetary nebula in Vulpecula the Fox; also Beta
                                      > Hydri (in Hydrus
                                      > the Water Snake), Sham (Alpha Sagittae, in Sagitta
                                      > the Arrow), Tarazed
                                      > (Gamma Aquilae)

                                      These have not passed.

                                      I believe Sham is in the feathers at the back of the
                                      Arrow (which help keep arrows on course) and that
                                      Tarazed marks Aquila the Eagle's heart. Beta Hydri, I
                                      think, is at the end of the Water Snake's tail.

                                      Most Americans now think the Iraq war isn't worth
                                      fighting and Bush's pep talks, in which he urges
                                      staying the course, hasn't had much of an effect on
                                      Americans' opinions of his job performance.

                                      Three shark attacks off the coast of the Florida
                                      Panhandle within a few days; I believe one resulted in
                                      a fatality.

                                      A catfish the size of a full-grown bear has been
                                      caught in the Mekong River in Thailand, prompting some
                                      concern about disappearing large fish species. (Hydrus
                                      = formidable animals living in the water; dangerous
                                      things that you pick up, as fishermen in certain
                                      tropical waters pick up poisonous sea snakes in their
                                      nets [?]).

                                      North Node is now aligned with Corona Frederici
                                      (Lambda Andromedae), which is near Termes Frederici
                                      (Kappa Andromedae) and which marks the halo that is
                                      one of the Honors of Frederick (and also lies near
                                      Andromeda's chained right hand).

                                      Mexico has released a postage stamp honoring Memin
                                      Pinguin, a black cartoon character popular in Mexico
                                      which many Americans find racist (as we do Little
                                      Black Sambo and Stepin Fetchit), but Mexicans are
                                      lining up to get it in droves, saying we're being
                                      supersensitive and have no right to say anything given
                                      our history. (There are editorials in some Mexican
                                      newspapers about Mexican President Vicente Fox's
                                      tendency to mess things up.) This is right after Fox
                                      created an uproar here with his statement about poor
                                      Mexican migrants taking jobs in the US "that not even
                                      blacks want."

                                      They're still looking for that little boy from Idaho
                                      whose sister was recently found eating a late dinner
                                      at Denny's in her hometown with a convicted child
                                      molester, and also for Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
                                      There are suspicions that both are dead.

                                      There's also continued wrangling over the fate of
                                      Schapelle Corby, an Australian woman convicted of drug
                                      trafficking in Indonesia (I'm trying not to be too
                                      US-centric here).