Twitters: Inner-planet fixed-star alignments (May 19, 2009)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2009
      I was going to post this yesterday, but then my monitor died on me abruptly, so things have been a bit delayed.

      http://twitter.com/chatoyantorange

      http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/abbrevs.html

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Mars was aligned with Revati(Zeta Psc) & Epsilon Reticuli,which has planets.

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Mars was aligned with Termes Frederici(Psi And), the novae FX Cephei & VV Cephei, & Aquae Abyssi(Upsilon Cet).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Venus was aligned with Y Star Prototype(CFBDS J005910.83-011401.3 Cet) & Van Maanen's Star(HIP 3829 Psc).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Venus was aligned with Alderamin(Alpha Cep),Phicareus(Epsilon Cep),Tsao Fu (Zeta Cep),& Cor Regis (Nu Cep).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Venus was aligned with Alpheratz(Alpha And),the nova OR Andromedae,& the Blue Snowball Nebula(NGC 7662 And).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Mercury was aligned with Algol (Beta Per),Misam (Kappa Per),Gorgonia Quarta (Omega Per),& NGC 1260(Per).

      At midnight GMT,Tue,May 19, Mercury was aligned with Lucida Caeli (Alpha Cae) & the supernova Neckham's Star (SN 1181 Cas).

      At midnight GMT,Tue,May 19, Sun was aligned with Perseus A(NGC 1275 Per).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Sun was aligned with Cleopatra's Eye Nebula(NGC 1535 Eri),Miram(Eta Per),Misam(Kappa Per),& NGC 1260(Per).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Moon was aligned with the Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cyg).

      At midnight GMT Tue,May 19,Moon was aligned with Psi-1 Aquarii, which has planets & with the nova Honda's Star(V1500 Cyg).