Re: Fixed star alignments (October 12, 2008)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2009

      http://www.uttyler.edu/

      > *Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

      > Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti, an open cluster)

      "a wild goose chase"; hunting?

      > Saturn
      >

      > *La Superba (Y Canum Venaticorum)

      Latin = the superb

      > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
      >
      > (was a new alignment with Saturn last week--not Jupiter)
      >
      > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis. A group of seven galaxies discovered in
      > 1874 by British astronomer Ralph Copeland, consists of NGC 3745, NGC 3746, NGC
      > 3748, NGC 3750, NGC 3751, NGC 3753, and NGC 3754, contained within a 5' circle)
      >
      > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris; the middle star in the handle of the Big Dipper)
      >
      > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris; Mizar's famous visual companion)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Arabic = the fish's mouth

      (nibbling, gasping)

      (air pollution? astonishment?)

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
      >
      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >
      > S Doradus (super-brilliant star in Nubecula Major)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; a former name of Grus the Crane is
      > Phoenicopterus the Flamingo)
      >
      > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax the Pole
      > Guard)
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      >
      > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      >
      > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >
      > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Reynolds' Star (G1.9+0.3 Sagittarii, a very recent [1878] supernova discovered
      > by Stephen Reynolds, et al)
      >
      > Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; an open cluster, aka Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      >
      > *Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
      >
      > *Raselased Borealis (Mu Leonis)
      >
      > *Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)
      >
      > *Pherkad Minor (11 Ursae Minoris)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > Almaaz (Epsilon Aurigae)
      >
      > Hoedus Primus (aka Hoedus I; Zeta Aurigae; one of the Hoedi, or Kids)
      >
      > Hoedus Secundus (aka Hoedus II; Eta Aurigae; another one of the Hoedi)
      >
      > Rigil Camelopardalis (7 Camelopardalis; marks one of the Giraffe's feet)
      >
      > TV Columbae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Nihal (Beta Leporis)
      >
      > Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis)
      >
      > *Saif al Jabbar (Eta Orionis)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
      >
      > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      Hebrew = good man

      > *Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)
      >
      > *Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > *Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      >
      > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)

      Chinese/Latin = the second southern gate of the camp

      (additional barriers to illegal immigrants?)

      > Comet Planetary (NGC 1350 Fornacis)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > Albulaan Australis (Gamma Aquarii)
      >
      > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
      >
      > *Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      someone missing

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2010
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
        > orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae)
        >
        > Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Shrichakra (Gamma Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Kalachakra (Delta Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)
        >
        > Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti, an open cluster)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > *La Superba (Y Canum Venaticorum)
        >
        > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
        >
        > (was a new alignment with Saturn last week--not Jupiter)
        >
        > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis. A group of seven galaxies discovered in
        > 1874 by British astronomer Ralph Copeland, consists of NGC 3745, NGC 3746, NGC
        > 3748, NGC 3750, NGC 3751, NGC 3753, and NGC 3754, contained within a 5' circle)
        >
        > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris; the middle star in the handle of the Big Dipper)
        >
        > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris; Mizar's famous visual companion)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

        Arabic = the fish's mouth

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > S Doradus (super-brilliant star in Nubecula Major)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; a former name of Grus the Crane is
        > Phoenicopterus the Flamingo)
        >
        > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax the Pole
        > Guard)
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Reynolds' Star (G1.9+0.3 Sagittarii, a very recent [1878] supernova discovered
        > by Stephen Reynolds, et al)
        >
        > Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; an open cluster, aka Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)