Fw: [moderatorcentral] Update on Recent Groups Issues

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009

      --- On Thu, 3/26/09, y_groups_team <y_groups_team@...> wrote:
      From: y_groups_team <y_groups_team@...>
      Subject: [moderatorcentral] Update on Recent Groups Issues
      To: moderatorcentral@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:50 PM

      Over the past week we know that some of you have experienced problems with your groups (both on the web and with email delivery). These issues were/are the result of a recent data center move, which we blogged about on the 19th. (Read that post here: http://www.ygroupsb log.com/blog/ 2009/03/19/ even-groups- gets-the- hiccups/)

      As part of this move, we had also upgraded to higher performance hardware, but the upgrade didn't work out as planned. The team has been working to resolve these issues and stabilize your experience, and we're cautiously optimistic that we'll have Yahoo! Groups back to normal before the weekend.

      That said, we'll definitely still be monitoring the system closely, and we encourage you to keep checking the Yahoo! Groups blog (http://www.ygroupsb log.com) for the latest updates if you experience further problems.

      In addition, we've definitely learned some things from this incident (and from the feedback folks have been sharing about how we could better communicate) , and we'll blog about the specific steps we're planning to take in the area of better communication around system issues next week.

      We know-I know -that this past week or so has been rough, and we apologize for all the inconvenience the problems have caused you and your groups. We can and will do better in the future.

      Melissa Daniels
      Yahoo! Community Manager