Serpents in the sky

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009
      Serpents in the sky

      Trish sent

      If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

      ==========================
      Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

        > Not to split hairs but ...
        >
        > If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous. If the snake bites you and
        > you die, it's venomous.

        Whatever.

        Mark A. Holmes

      • Trishmare7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
          Yes!  It's something I always keep in mind whenever I see a snake--"better not bite it, it might be poisonous." <g>

          Love,
          Trish

          In a message dated 3/9/2009 9:30:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fixed.stars@... writes:

          Trish sent

          If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

          ============ ========= =====
          Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
            LOL

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009
              well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

              Beth

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009

                > well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

                Actually, I don't need them loose in my car, either; if they're not in a box or something, they'd have to be put in one or put out of the car. The water moccasins that came through my yard from the nearby creek when I lived in the country stayed out of my way and the cats' way, and kept the yard clear of gophers. When I worked in a recycling plant, it wasn't long before the rats and mice came in, attracted by the garbage that was mixed in with the recyclable cardboard, paper and plastic; and then the snakes came in after them. I minded the snakes less than the rodents, which chewed up everything in and out of sight and left their germ-laden droppings everywhere; as long as the poisonous species of snake stayed away from us, I was okay with them existing.

                Mark A. Holmes