Re: Serpents in the sky

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2009
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Morgana" <morganaspirit@...> wrote:

      > Well Mark, Diana and I are in agreement that if we were driving and suddenly a cobra, or in
      > actuality for me ANY kind of snake was wrapped around my knee I would be screeching and driving
      > straight into the ditch and Diana along with me!

      A poisonous snake in the car with you and it's "Houston, we have a problem" time.

      I guess liking snakes as pets could be indicated by an alignment or alignment of some star(s) in a snake constellation or constellations to the 6th-house ruler(s) or something in the 6th house (a major planet, commonly used asteroid like Ceres or Chiron, or energy point like the lunar nodes or the Vertex).

      Mark A. Holmes

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009
        Not to split hairs but ...

        If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites you and you die, it's venomous.

        If it was in my car though, I wouldn't care what you called it--just get it OUT!  (Though I like snakes and would never harm one ... they're all beautiful, and valuable to the ecosystem.)   My car would be in the ditch and I'd take up bicycle commuting permanently, I think.

        Trish

        In a message dated 3/9/2009 2:53:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
        A poisonous snake in the car with you and it's "Houston, we have a problem" time.

      • Morgana
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009

          LOLOL!

          Morgana feeling the same way.

          If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites you and you die, it's venomous.

          If it was in my car though, I wouldn't care what you called it--just get it OUT!  (Though I like snakes and would never harm one ... they're all beautiful, and valuable to the ecosystem.)   My car would be in the ditch and I'd take up bicycle commuting permanently, I think.

          Trish

          .

          Checked by AVG.

          Checked by AVG.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009
            Serpents in the sky

            Trish sent

            If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

            ==========================
            Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

            Love, Diana

            Website: http://ye-stars.com

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

              > Not to split hairs but ...
              >
              > If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous. If the snake bites you and
              > you die, it's venomous.

              Whatever.

              Mark A. Holmes

            • Trishmare7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
                Yes!  It's something I always keep in mind whenever I see a snake--"better not bite it, it might be poisonous." <g>

                Love,
                Trish

                In a message dated 3/9/2009 9:30:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fixed.stars@... writes:

                Trish sent

                If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

                ============ ========= =====
                Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
                  LOL

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009
                    well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

                    Beth

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009

                      > well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

                      Actually, I don't need them loose in my car, either; if they're not in a box or something, they'd have to be put in one or put out of the car. The water moccasins that came through my yard from the nearby creek when I lived in the country stayed out of my way and the cats' way, and kept the yard clear of gophers. When I worked in a recycling plant, it wasn't long before the rats and mice came in, attracted by the garbage that was mixed in with the recyclable cardboard, paper and plastic; and then the snakes came in after them. I minded the snakes less than the rodents, which chewed up everything in and out of sight and left their germ-laden droppings everywhere; as long as the poisonous species of snake stayed away from us, I was okay with them existing.

                      Mark A. Holmes