Re: [thefixedstars] Serpents in the sky

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 7, 2009
      I like snakes, and always wanted one as a pet (would probably have one now if I didn't live in a no-pets apartment complex).

      Mark A. Holmes

          Date: Wed Mar 4, 2009 9:36 pm ((PST))

      SAfrican couple drives 170km with spitting cobra in car JOHANNESBURG (AFP) - A couple drove 170 kilometres (100 miles) from South Africa's famous Kruger National Park with a highly venomous spitting cobra in their car, the Beeld newspaper reported on Wednesday.

      Gordon Parratt, 69, felt the 85-centimetre (33-inch) long snake wind itself around his leg while he was driving.

      http://ca.news yahoo.com/ s/afp/090304/ oddities/ safrica_snake_ wildlife_ offbeat

      All I can see astrologically is the asteroid Vipera conjunct S.Node in Leo squaring Poseidon.

      Morgana

      ============ ========= =========

      DKR sent

      Pluto aligned with a star in the tail of Serpens, the Serpent.

      ============ =

      then Morgana again:

      5b. Re: Cobra

          Posted by: "Morgana" morganaspirit@ shaw.ca aquatiger1950

          Date: Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:27 pm ((PST))

      Diana!  I was opening you would notice this mail and I just KNEW there would be a serpent in the stars somewhere.  How cool is that?  That picture of the cobra is so beautiful, but can you imagine driving and suddenly one right there at your knee looking at you?  I would be driving right into the ditch.

      Morgana

      ]]]]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]

      No, I can't imagine...I think I might pass out, or join you in the ditch, (or jump out of my skin, as snakes are said to do)

      Actually, there are several serpents in the sky --

      Serpens (grasped by Ophiuchus, who lies just above Scorpius) runs from 14 Scorpio

              to 16 Cap (or maybe     20 Cap, if you count 2 stars that are

              "officially" Aquila but which I think belong to Serpens). By the way,

              astronomers cut him in half - "Serpens Caput" (head) and "Serpens Cauda" (tail)

               - but anciently he was coiled around Ophiuchus and the 2 figures were combined

               (Ophiuchus was called "Serpentarius") so I have "restored" the Great Snake to

              his full and proper length.

      Hydra, the Water Snake, that starts under Cancer the Crab and stretches about 108 degrees

              - from 3 Leo (or maybe 29 Cancer if you count 2 stars "officially"

              Canis Minor) all the way to 21 Scorpio

      Draco, the Dragon who coils around the North Pole - 2 Aries to 15 Aquarius

      Hydrus, the Small Water Snake (a modern addition), about 0 Aquarius to 11 Pisces

      Lacerta, the Lizard (a modern figure above Pegasus) which in China is T'ang-Chie, The

              Arising or Awakening Serpent: 24 Pisces to 13 Aries

      So almost 2/3 of the degrees of the zodiac contain slitherers!

      Love, Diana

      www.ye-stars. com
    • Morgana
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 7, 2009

        Well Mark, Diana and I are in agreement that if we were driving and suddenly a cobra, or in actuality for me ANY kind of snake was wrapped around my knee I would be screeching and driving straight into the ditch and Diana along with me!

        Morgana

            Date: Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:27 pm ((PST))

[...]

        Checked by AVG.

        Checked by AVG.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 8, 2009
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Morgana" <morganaspirit@...> wrote:

          > Well Mark, Diana and I are in agreement that if we were driving and suddenly a cobra, or in
          > actuality for me ANY kind of snake was wrapped around my knee I would be screeching and driving
          > straight into the ditch and Diana along with me!

          A poisonous snake in the car with you and it's "Houston, we have a problem" time.

          I guess liking snakes as pets could be indicated by an alignment or alignment of some star(s) in a snake constellation or constellations to the 6th-house ruler(s) or something in the 6th house (a major planet, commonly used asteroid like Ceres or Chiron, or energy point like the lunar nodes or the Vertex).

          Mark A. Holmes

        • Trishmare7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009
            Not to split hairs but ...

            If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites you and you die, it's venomous.

            If it was in my car though, I wouldn't care what you called it--just get it OUT!  (Though I like snakes and would never harm one ... they're all beautiful, and valuable to the ecosystem.)   My car would be in the ditch and I'd take up bicycle commuting permanently, I think.

            Trish

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009

              LOLOL!

              Morgana feeling the same way.

              If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites you and you die, it's venomous.

              If it was in my car though, I wouldn't care what you called it--just get it OUT!  (Though I like snakes and would never harm one ... they're all beautiful, and valuable to the ecosystem.)   My car would be in the ditch and I'd take up bicycle commuting permanently, I think.

              Trish

              .

              Checked by AVG.

              Checked by AVG.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9, 2009
                Serpents in the sky

                Trish sent

                If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

                ==========================
                Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

                Love, Diana

                Website: http://ye-stars.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

                  > Not to split hairs but ...
                  >
                  > If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous. If the snake bites you and
                  > you die, it's venomous.

                  Whatever.

                  Mark A. Holmes

                • Trishmare7@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
                    Yes!  It's something I always keep in mind whenever I see a snake--"better not bite it, it might be poisonous." <g>

                    Love,
                    Trish

                    In a message dated 3/9/2009 9:30:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fixed.stars@... writes:

                    Trish sent

                    If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous.  If the snake bites  you and you die, it's venomous.

                    ============ ========= =====
                    Next time I bite a snake, I'll try to remember that...

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
                      LOL

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009
                        well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

                        Beth

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 11, 2009

                          > well I'm not fond of snakes but I dont hate them, sort of mutual respect thing, I've had to ask one or two nicely to stay out of the backyard. but they generally go quietly and all is well. I dont care if they are int he front yard because it reduces gophers and I dont have any animals out front. backyard becomes a nuisance with the dog wanting to see who is boss(she is but dont tell her she's obnoxious enough) But if one turned up around my leg while driving I have to agree I might end up in the ditch....though really the snake just wants to be warm.

                          Actually, I don't need them loose in my car, either; if they're not in a box or something, they'd have to be put in one or put out of the car. The water moccasins that came through my yard from the nearby creek when I lived in the country stayed out of my way and the cats' way, and kept the yard clear of gophers. When I worked in a recycling plant, it wasn't long before the rats and mice came in, attracted by the garbage that was mixed in with the recyclable cardboard, paper and plastic; and then the snakes came in after them. I minded the snakes less than the rodents, which chewed up everything in and out of sight and left their germ-laden droppings everywhere; as long as the poisonous species of snake stayed away from us, I was okay with them existing.

                          Mark A. Holmes