Fixed star alignments (February 22, 2009)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      orb).

      Jupiter

      *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

      *Markarian 409 (Aquarii; variable galaxy)

      Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)

      *Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni; open cluster)

      *Foo Pih (Gamma Hydri)

      Shay Fuh (Nu Hydri)

      *Adamastor (Beta Mensae)

      *47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae; bright globular cluster)

      Saturn

      Kollarobos (21 Canum Venaticorum)

      The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices; star cluster)

      Sherasiph (Nu Hydrae)

      Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; marks the base of the tail of the obsolete constellation
      Felis the Cat)

      *Shishimai (Sigma Leonis)

      *NGC 3862 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)

      Koo She (Delta Velorum)

      Uranus

      SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has planets)

      Simmah (Gamma Piscium)

      Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation of Solarium the
      Sundial)

      Neptune

      Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

      *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

      Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Sador (Gamma Cygni)

      Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)

      Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      Haruspex (Beta Horologii; Latin for "augur")

      Pluto

      Atiyah (Omicron Herculis)

      *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

      Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis; the naked-eye star nearest the south
      celestial pole)

      Phorbaceus (72 Ophiuchi)

      Emerald Nebula (NGC 6572 Ophiuchi)

      *Ira Furoris (Eta Sagittarii)

      Polis (Mu Sagittarii)

      Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii; nebula)

      Eris

      Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae [marks the olive branch in the obsolete
      constellation Frederici Honores [the Honors of Frederick])

      FX Cephei

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      Ceres

      *Tenebricissima (2M 0929 Antliae; a brown dwarf double star which as of 2008 were the dimmest stars known, hence the name)

      *Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      M-105 (Leonis)

      *NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxies with suspected black holes)

      *SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris; has planets)

      *CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

      Pallas

      *Batenateban Australis (Phi Draconis)

      *Sasin (Epsilon Leporis)

      *Hind's Crimson Star (R Leporis)

      *Tabit (Pi-3 Orionis)

      *LkCa 15 (Tauri)

      Juno

      *Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

      *AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      *Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      *CH Cygni

      *Gliese 777A (Cygni; has planets)

      *Cygnus X-1 (HDE 226868 Cygni; famous black hole)

      *Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus the Hot-Air Balloon)

      Vesta

      *Anfal (51 Andromedae)

      *WX Arietis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Comet Planetary (NGC 1350 Fornacis; planetary nebula)

      *Deltotron (Beta Trianguli)

      Chiron

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      16 Cygni B (has a planet)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      *VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax the Pole
      Guard)

      *TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      Youe (17 Capricorni)

      Chi Cygni

      HD 187123 (Cygni; has planets)

      Struve 2398 (Draconis; nearby star)

      Epsilon Indi (well-known nearby star)

      Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii; the brightest star in Microscopium the
      Microscope)

      WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)

      Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae)

      V452 Vulpeculae (aka HD 189733; has a planet on which methane was found in
      2008)

      South Node

      Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

      OJ 287 (Cancri; BL Lacertae object)

      YY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      NGC 2778 (Lyncis; galaxy with suspected black hole)

      Uppsala 4904 (Lyncis; aka UGC 4904. A supernova was detected in this galaxy in
      2004 and 2006)

      Hadir (Sigma Puppis)

      *NGC 3079 (Ursae Majoris; galaxy with suspected black hole)

    • oparhi
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2009
        Well, my Cat seems to be more confident these days than some time
        before. His tail is upwards, and he goes out and shows his mind
        easily. Feels better with good appetite. I know it's spring and even
        though his 18th birthday is present in Pisces, he shows signs of
        activation now. Do you think it is Saturn that works for him, as he
        has his natal Saturn in 2 Aquarius?

        Outi

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2009
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "oparhi" <scoppias@...> wrote:

          > Well, my Cat seems to be more confident these days than some time
          > before. His tail is upwards, and he goes out and shows his mind
          > easily. Feels better with good appetite. I know it's spring and even
          > though his 18th birthday is present in Pisces, he shows signs of
          > activation now. Do you think it is Saturn that works for him, as he
          > has his natal Saturn in 2 Aquarius?

          I don't know.

          Actually, with Cat's Tail, I was thinking more along the lines
          of "You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows"
          (cats signal their feelings by the way they hold their tails).

          BTW, I think the Arabic for Cat's Tail is Deneb Qitt. The Latin is
          Felis Cauda, but I decided to stick with the English this time.