Indus, the Indian

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      Indus, the Indian

      PBS just announced a new series on American Indians, "We Shall Remain"
      It was announced following Jan 26 Solar Ecl at 6 Aquar 30 aligned with stars of
      Indus, the Indian; the eclipse itself aligned with Gxys 7941 & 7047 and variable BG Indi;
      Jupiter aligned with Gamma Indi, the NNode Epsilon Indi.

      It's part of their "American Experience" series and premieres Apr 27 with the
      NNode at 4+ Aquar aligned with Theta and Gamma Indi.

      For the most part while studying constellations I stuck with the ancient ones, but
      there were a few "modern" figures that seem to work very well - Indus, the Indian
      seems to relate to indigenous peoples - I have several examples, and this is another
      one.

      The constellation runs from (approx) 27 Cap to 10 Aquarius - I've studied early
      depictions of it, and I believe that it should start about 22 Cap, where some of the
      stars of Telescopium are now.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com