Re: Fixed star alignments (June 8, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
      (with a 1 00'
      > orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
      >
      > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

      taking some kind of stand

      > *BY Draconis

      "bye" (Hillary?)

      > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

      obscured views of marriage?

      > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

      the heart of a showoff

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete constellation
      Felis the Cat)

      > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

      covered?

      > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)
      >
      > *Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)
      >
      > Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
      >
      > Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)
      >
      > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium
      the Sundial)

      > Neptune
      >

      > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
      >
      > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
      >
      > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
      >
      > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
      >
      > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      mischievous

      > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
      >
      > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
      >
      > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)

      Arabic = blessed

      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown
      holding in his
      > hand, sometimes Cerberus)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *BY Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > *Tsze (Lambda Columbae)
      >
      > *Betelgeuse (Alpha Orionis)
      >
      > *CN Orionis (cataclysmic variable)

      something toxic (CN = the cyanide ion)

      > *Polaris (Alpha Ursae Minoris)

      long-standing principles, misfortune

      > *The Diamond Ring (Harrington STAR 1 Ursae Minoris; a small asterism
      near Polaris)

      marriage and family issues

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Adhil (Xi Andromedae)
      >
      > *Keun Nan Mun Primus (Phi Andromedae)

      immigration issues on our southern border?

      > *Hamal (Alpha Arietis)
      >
      > *Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > *IC 10 X-1 (Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > *Phycochroma (Delta Ceti)

      seaweed-colored (green)

      > *M-77 (Ceti; maser with excessive infrared emissions)
      >
      > *Lucida Doradus (Alpha Doradus; the brightest star, or lucida, of
      Dorado the Mahimahi)

      > *Metallah (Alpha Trianguli)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)
      >
      > *Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)
      >
      > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
      >
      > *Pismis 24 (Scorpii)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
      >
      > *VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has a planet)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > S Doradus
      >
      > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was
      Phoenicopterus, the
      > Flamingo)
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has a planet)
      >
      > *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > *The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an asterism around 29
      Cygni composed mostly of blue stars that is said to resemble an emu,
      with a red star in its neck)