somebody here?

  • betelgeuse
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
      hi,

      Wanted to ask if somebody here does calculates the star 15 & 30 deg  aspects as Robson did.  Since I would like to compare results.

      Thank you.

      alhena

      250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
      Abrí tu cuenta aquí
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, betelgeuse <betelggeuse@y...> wrote:
        > hi,
        >
        > Wanted to ask if somebody here does calculates the star 15 & 30 deg
        aspects as Robson did. Since I would like to compare results.

        > Thank you.

        Do you mean 15, or did you intend to write 150? I didn't know Robson
        worked with semisextiles and quincunxes involving fixed stars, let
        alone exotic aspects like the half-semisextile (15-degree aspect).

        Mark A. Holmes
      • betelgeuse
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
          Thank you for answering,

          >>Do you mean 15, or did you intend to write 150? I didn't know Robson
          worked with semisextiles and quincunxes involving fixed stars, let
          alone exotic aspects like the half-semisextile (15-degree aspect).
          I mean the full Robson's theory on aspect calculation, which he means as
          "15 and 30 deg aspects", i.e. 30, 45, 60, 120, 135,  to which you may add
          other of the same series if you want.   Except if a star is precisely at the
          ecliptic, without latitude, the calculation as per Robson's formulae moves
          the ecliptic position to another point, which at high latitudes may be very
          very far from the supposed ecliptic position.  Also, the calculation of all
          these points converts the apparently 'void' ecliptic zones, in a map full
          of significant points.   I do calculate all those points, and would like to know
          if there is somebody here who has studied this, so as to know about the
          results obtained (in studying peoples lifes) as well as the points obtained.
          Of course the squares and oppositions are not affected by latitude.
          Unfortunately  what I have published up to now, is in Spanish.

          best wishes,

          alhena casanova

          Correo Yahoo!

        • Astrocalypse
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
            Alhena,

            I do look for 15 degree and the multiples for planetary aspects, and I think they do show actions.

            For fixed stars, most people look only for conjunctions and oppositions, it would certainly be an interesting area of research of using other aspects.  Would love to hear, even briefly, your experience with using 15d fixed stars aspect though.

            Cal

            Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:18 PM
            Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] Re: somebody here?

            Thank you for answering,

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
              --- Astrocalypse <astrocalypse@...>
              wrote:
              > Alhena,
              >
              > I do look for 15 degree and the multiples for
              > planetary aspects, and I think they do show actions.

              When I was ordering charts from ACS, long ago, before
              I got my own computer and my own chart-computing
              software, I used to order fixed-star reports which had
              these aspects, calculated with a mathematical formula
              which for me was too complex to be expedient. I
              thought I saw meaning in some of the aspects given,
              but eventually just started doing the conjunctions,
              based on ecliptic longitude only.

              Just because I see fixed-star aspects this way doesn't
              mean others can't find the method used in these ACS
              reports (Robson's method?) useful.

              > For fixed stars, most people look only for
              > conjunctions and oppositions, it would certainly be
              > an interesting area of research of using other
              > aspects. Would love to hear, even briefly, your
              > experience with using 15d fixed stars aspect though.
              >
              > Cal

              Me, too.

              Mark A. Holmes

              __________________________________
              Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
            • betelgeuse
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
                hello Cal,

                You are speaking of the common ecliptic aspects calculated by every
                program, either commercial or non commercial.  It doesn't matter it
                is a trine, a 15 deg, a 45 deg;  if it has latitude, the aspect is not where
                you suppose on basis of your program, or your calculations (eg
                trine = body position + 120 deg).  Thus you can only trust the conjunctions,
                oppositions, and squares.  Any research apart from that, is useful if you
                do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.

                Achernar for instance, positioned at 15 piscis, in your practice would trine
                two points: 15 cancer and 15 scorpio.  This is wrong.  The Achernar trines
                (which also vary depending on the geographical latitude) for a mean geo
                lat of 30 to 40, fall around 0 virgo and 25 virgo.  Same happens with any semisextile, sextile, semiquadrat, sesquicuadrat, and any other aspect
                you want to add, even your 15 deg which I consider of a very
                minor effect.

                Anyhow, my question has been answered, by the negative.  Since no
                person here came to say "Yes, I calculate aspects with Robson's
                formulae considering star latitud and geo latitude".    Frankly speaking, I expected a dozen voices saying "there is such and such a program which
                do what you mention".  I was wrong.

                kindly,
                alhena casanova

                Correo Yahoo!

              • betelgeuse
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
                  I wrote
                  >>>Any research apart from that, is useful if you
                  do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.>>>>>>>>>

                  but it should be

                  Any research apart from that, is useless if you do not calculate the 15 and 30 deg aspects AS ROBSON DID.

                  Sorry
                  alhena casanova