Re: Fixed star alignments (June 1, 2008)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
      (with a 1 00'
      > orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
      >
      > Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)

      muddying the waters

      > Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      traveling at too slow a pace (people impatient for Hillary Clinton to
      concede)

      > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

      proud, boastful, a show-off

      > Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae; a protoplanetary nebula)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete constellation
      Felis the
      > Cat)
      >
      > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

      abortion rights

      > Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
      >
      > Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)
      >
      > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium
      the Sundial)

      losing perspective in bad times

      > Neptune
      >

      > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
      >
      > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
      >
      > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
      >
      > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
      >
      > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
      >
      > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
      >
      > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown
      holding in his
      > hand, sometimes Cerberus)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and Trifid Nebulas
      plus the
      > star cluster M-21)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Andrew's Star (HD 37519 Aurigae)
      >
      > *Refugium (Mu Columbae)

      refuge, refugees

      > *Zeta Leporis (has planets)
      >
      > *Flame Nebula (NGC 2024 Orionis)

      burning, losing perspective

      > *Horsehead Nebula (IC 434 Orionis)

      "straight from the horse's mouth" (but not necessarily true or accurate)

      > *McNeil's Nebula (EQ J054614-00058 Orionis)
      >
      > *Al Hecka (Zeta Tauri; aka Tien Kuan)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Sheratan (Beta Arietis)
      >
      > *Caph (Beta Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > *DK Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Al Sadr al Ketus (Pi Ceti)
      >
      > *79 Ceti (has planets)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
      >
      > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)
      >
      > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      insolence

      > Melquarth (Mu Herculis)
      >
      > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star of Mensa the Table
      Mountain)

      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > *Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)

      the stinger (a death blow)

      > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      having the "cojones" to do something (or male as opposed to female)

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae; part of the obsolete
      constellation Frederici Honores [The Honors of Frederick], composed of
      a crown, quill pen, sword and olive branch. Lambda Andromedae marks
      the crown, therefore, Corona Frederici.)

      the authority of a head of state (or delusions of kingship)

      > *PX Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)

      military supplies

      > *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)

      things that are precious and to be protected

      > *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)

      having to do with the deep ocean

      > *Epsilon Reticuli (has planets)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has a planet)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > S Doradus
      >
      > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was
      Phoenicopterus, the

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        catching up on old transits? :) MissB

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
          I'd like to examine the ones I've posted these past few months. I've
          been so busy lately, what with the move and classes and my new job.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
            congrats on the new job, and busy is good! :) Beth

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2009

              > > As of midnight GMT.
              > >
              > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
              > (with a 1 00'
              > > orb).
              > >

              > > Jupiter
              > >

              > > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
              > >
              > > Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)
              >
              > muddying the waters
              >

              > > Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
              >

              > traveling at too slow a pace (people impatient for Hillary Clinton
              > concede)
              >

              > > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)
              >
              > proud, boastful, a show-off
              >

              > > Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae; a protoplanetary nebula)
              > >

              > > Saturn
              > >

              > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete
              constellation
              > Felis the
              > > Cat)
              > >
              > > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
              > >
              > > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)
              > >

              > > Uranus
              > >

              > > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)
              >
              > abortion rights
              >

              > > Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
              > >
              > > Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)
              > >
              > > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium
              > the Sundial)
              >

              > losing perspective in bad times
              >

              > > Neptune
              > >

              > > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
              > >
              > > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
              > >
              > > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
              > >
              > > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
              > >
              > > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
              > >
              > > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
              > >
              > > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
              > >

              > > Pluto
              > >

              > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
              > >
              > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown
              > holding in his
              > > hand, sometimes Cerberus)
              > >
              > > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
              > >
              > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
              > >
              > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
              >

              > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
              > >
              > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
              > >
              > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and Trifid
              Nebulas
              > plus the
              > > star cluster M-21)
              > >
              > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
              > >

              > > Eris
              > >

              > > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
              > >
              > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
              > >
              > > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

              shipwreck

              > > Ceres
              > >

              > > *Andrew's Star (HD 37519 Aurigae)
              > >
              > > *Refugium (Mu Columbae)
              >
              > refuge, refugees
              >

              > > *Zeta Leporis (has planets)
              > >
              > > *Flame Nebula (NGC 2024 Orionis)
              >
              > burning, losing perspective
              >

              > > *Horsehead Nebula (IC 434 Orionis)
              >

              > "straight from the horse's mouth" (but not necessarily true or
              accurate)

              > > *McNeil's Nebula (EQ J054614-00058 Orionis)
              > >
              > > *Al Hecka (Zeta Tauri; aka Tien Kuan)
              > >

              > > Pallas
              > >

              > > *Sheratan (Beta Arietis)
              > >
              > > *Caph (Beta Cassiopeiae)
              > >
              > > *DK Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

              crap coming from politics

              > > *Al Sadr al Ketus (Pi Ceti)
              > >
              > > *79 Ceti (has planets)
              > >

              > > Juno
              > >

              > > Choo (Alpha Arae)
              > >
              > > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

              being torn apart, fears of being torn apart, unfair treatment
              (Hillary Clinton)

              > > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

              Hebrew = a good person

              > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
              >
              > insolence
              >

              > > Melquarth (Mu Herculis)

              Phoenician = lord of the city

              > > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star of Mensa the Table
              > Mountain)

              struggling upward

              > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

              Arabic = the shepherd's dog

              (to keep in line or watch over)

              > > *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
              > >
              > > *Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
              >

              > the stinger (a death blow)
              >

              > > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
              > >

              > having the "cojones" to do something (or male as opposed to female)
              >

              > > Vesta
              > >

              > > *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae; part of the obsolete
              > constellation Frederici Honores [The Honors of Frederick], composed
              of
              > a crown, quill pen, sword and olive branch. Lambda Andromedae marks
              > the crown, therefore, Corona Frederici.)
              >
              > the authority of a head of state (or delusions of kingship)
              >

              > > *PX Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)
              >
              > military supplies
              >

              > > *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)
              >

              > things that are precious and to be protected
              >

              > > *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
              >

              > having to do with the deep ocean
              >

              > > *Epsilon Reticuli (has planets)
              > >

              > > Chiron
              > >

              > > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
              > >
              > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
              > >
              > > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
              > >
              > > 16 Cygni B (has a planet)
              > >
              > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
              > >
              > > S Doradus
              > >
              > > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
              > >
              > > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was
              > Phoenicopterus, the
              > > Flamingo)
              > >
              > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
              > >

              > > North Node