Re: anyone pondering the winter Ingress chart?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2008
      Comments inserted.... took a few lines from Ann Wrights pages at
      http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
      for convenience sake here. also I use + for North declinations and -
      for south declinations in case anyone gets confused by my notation.
      just because its is closer on keyboard to numbers the S & N :)
      everything quoted is from Ann's page, and the sources she gives
      included. I made a few comments,

      > December 21, 2008
      > 12:03:46 p.m. GMT
      > London
      >

      > Moon
      >
      > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
      star in the knee of the herdsman,
      With Moon: New friends, business success, good judgment, domestic
      harmony. If with Mars also, danger of death by suffocation. [Robson*,
      p.139.]
      > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
      signifies the spear of wheat in the Virgins hand (we are all
      concerned with harvest in hard times I think)
      Robson says the moon with Spica brings gains through inventions ,
      success, wealth and honor from Mercury,venus or Jupitor People.

      > Sun
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      "gives an imoral mean and slovenly nature." anne wright page

      Beth - Declination is -26 which aligns it more closely with
      Spiculum who is at 1 Cap but whose Declination is at -24
      (sun is between these two but moving toward Spiculum)
      on the Cluster of Stars on the Bow of Sagitarius
      The means of launching new things? possibly?

      > Mercury (14 cap 13 declination - 24.53)
      > Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)2000 13 Cap 38 - declination -29.53
      ARmpit of the ARcher (String arm) mercury(communication) the means of
      launching new things possibly?

      Of the nature of Jupiter and Mercury. It gives good fortune and
      happiness. [Robson*, p.141.]

      > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)in 2000 14 Cap 59 -21.44
      Star is called the handle?
      Beth - is in the face of the archer - possibly further denoting
      speach or communication?

      "Part of the cluster in the Archer's Face. Of the nature of the Sun
      and Mars. It causes blindness, explosions, fire, flaring heat,
      heroism, courage, and defiance." [Robson*, p.173-174.]

      To find a major planet in a chart very precisely on Manubrium rather
      than its neighbors (which are very close in longitude) is likely to
      show up the more aggressive connotations of the constellation and
      sign here, we should often find less of the philosopher than the high-
      performance athlete or the high court judge. The military strategist
      is also likely to have this star strong. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric
      Morse, p.96-97.]

      > Venus 15 Aqu 35 -18 declination

      > Alnair (Alpha Gruis) 15 Aqu 54 -46.58 declination
      Star marking the body of the Crane -
      A retiring, active, proud, watchful, kind, idealistic and devoted
      nature, with a liking for astronomy. [Robson*, p.46.]

      Beth-cranes are thought ot be bringers of fortune by most cultures.
      They are beautiful to look at so Venus here makes me wonder at
      possibly seeing some of the arts highlighted for a bit.

      > Mars - 25 sag 41 -23.58 declination

      > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)24 sag 35 and -37 declination
      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii; the Butterfly Cluster)25 sag 44 -32
      declination
      companion star to Acumen, located int eh stinger
      "The Scorpion presides over arms" [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century
      AD, book 4, p.253]
      Notorious Blind Star.

      Beth - many references to striking achilles heel, etc. the star is of
      the nature of mars and Moon so mars aligned probably brings out Mars
      nature.??? I would think?

      > Jupiter - 26 cap 33 and -21 dec
      >
      > Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)25 cap 51 -26 dec
      in the point of the arrow of Sagitarius - ( beth note: which
      continues the theme of launching new things, and since jupiter
      generally means good things let us hope that to be true, especially
      as jupiter is the ruler of Sagitarius. :)

      It gives a fortune but with regret and disgrace, cunning, a mercenary
      nature and repulsiveness. [Robson*, p.213.].

      "As for the Archer, when the foremost portion of his cloak rises, he
      will give birth to hearts renowned in war and will conduct the
      conqueror, celebrating great triumphs in the sight of all, to his
      country's citadels. Such a one will build high walls (moenia from
      Latin murus) one moment and pull them down the next. But if Fortune
      favours them too generously with success, the mark of her envy is to
      be seen on their faces, for she works cruel havoc upon their
      features. So was it that a dread warrior* paid for his victories at
      the Trebia, Cannae, and the Lake, even before the hour of his
      retreat, with such disfigurement." [Translator's note: *Hanibal who
      lost an eye (Livy 22.2.11: Sagittarius is one-eyed; see p.103)
      [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD, book 4, p.267]

      > Saturn 21 Virgo 40 +5 dec
      Beth : Saturn is debilitated in Leo and though in tropical zodiac he
      appears to be in Virgo, on paper that is, in the sky he is still in
      Leo. He will move in the sky out of Leo Next September, Which I
      expect to see some improvement in the world by then.

      > Denebola (Beta Leonis)21 Virgo 37 and +14
      tail of the lion
      According to Ptolemy Denebola is of the nature of Saturn and Venus;
      to Wilson and Pearce, of Saturn, Venus and Mercury; to Simmonite, of
      Uranus; and, to Alvidas, of Mercury, Uranus and Mars. It gives swift
      judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune from the
      elements of nature, and happiness turned to anger, and makes its
      natives noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
      people's affairs. [Robson*, p.160-161.]

      The 'Tail of the Lion' has a Uranian nature and it is supposed that,
      in mundane horoscopes, major catastrophes are triggered off by it.
      Depending on the position and aspect to other stellar bodies in a
      personal cosmogram, either preferment or fall are credited to this
      star. Found on the Ascendant and especially in company with Mercury,
      a quarrelsome nature, with a liking for legal action is attributed to
      Denebola. It could also mean that this star is the cause of very
      exciting events. Badly placed in a map, with Mercury or Uranus,
      mental diseases - and those mostly incurable ones - are indicated.
      Fine aspects however, will further work connected with matters of
      reform and progress. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth
      Ebertin, 1928, p.56.]

      in a birth chart.
      With Saturn: Critical, always complaining, many enemies, loss through
      servants and thieves, unfortunate life, domestic sorrow, wife
      afflicted or children mentally unsound or deformed. [Robson*, p.162.]
      Beth - which mundanely may manifest as a lot of protests and domestic
      unrest I should think.

      Uranus - 18 Pis 59 -5 dec
      Beth - closest fixed star I can find is Homam in Pegasus, but it is
      at 16 Pisces so far enough away that probably dont want to apply too
      loosly, though I think that the SAturn Uranus opposition is a very
      apt description of Pegasus Syndrome.

      > Neptune 22 Aqu 08 -14 dec

      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)21 Aqu 47 -16 dec
      in the tail of the goat, The star is considered the bringer of good
      fortune

      Legend: During their war with the giants, the Gods were driven into
      Egypt and pursued by Typhon. In order to escape, each was forced to
      change his shape, and Pan, leaping into the Nile, turned the upper
      part of his body into a goat and the lower part into a fish, a shape
      considered by Jupiter worthy of commemoration in the heavens.
      [Robson*, p.35.]

      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter; and,
      to Simmonite, of Saturn. It causes overcoming by evil, which is
      turned to success, and gives danger from beasts. [Robson*, p.179.]

      This star is also related to Justice.

      > Pluto 0.52 Cap and -18 dec
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      > Spiculum (M-18/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii)

      Beth - I think Pluto as well as sun here may refer to changing of the
      guard in management (government, business, religion, where ever
      management is found there will be a tearing down and building up anew
      where it doesn't work well) my interpretation others may vary the
      whole bow and arrow thing, makes me think launching of new things.

      > Ceres 12 Virgo 04 +17

      > Zosma (Delta Leonis)11 Virgo 19 +20
      on lions Rump
      Of the nature of Saturn and Venus. It causes benefit by disgrace,
      selfishness, egotism, immorality, meanness, melancholy, unhappiness
      of mind and fear of poison, and gives an unreasonable, shameless and
      egotistical nature. [Robson*, p.219.]

      Ability to prophesy. On the Euphrates the star theta (¦È Coxa), along
      with this star delta (¦Ä Zosma), was the god Kua, the Oracle. [Fixed
      Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.32.]

      > Juno 17 Cap 41 -14 dec
      Beth - The mother Figure connected to the knee of Sagitarius is a
      very interesting idea, it connects mother and travel or movement,
      possibly this is the signifier of the change and care of the auto
      industry? it needs some parenting? both in helping it change to a
      healthier industry but also nursing it along?
      > Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)16 Cap 38 -18 dec
      knee of Sagitarius

      > Vesta 29 Aries 39 +4 - tender of the hearth

      > Mirach (Beta Andromedae)0 tau 24 +35 dec
      yellow star in girdle of chained woman
      According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus; and, to Alvidas,
      of Mars and the Moon. It gives personal beauty, a brilliant mind, a
      love of home, great devotion, beneficence, forgiveness, love,
      overcoming by kindness, renown, and good fortune in marriage.
      [Robson*, p.178.] (Beth - which sounds very Vesta like doesn't it?)

      Legend: Andromeda, the original "maiden in distress" is daughter of
      Cepheus, king of Ethiopeia, and his wife Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia was
      proud of her daughter's beauty and boasted that Andromeda was more
      beautiful than the Sea Nymphs, the Nereids, who were daughters of
      Poseidon (Neptune). The Nereids complained to Poseidon who sent a sea
      monster (Cetus) to ravage the coast. With his kingdom in grave
      danger, Cepheus consulted the oracle of Ammon in Libya for advice. He
      learned the only way to save his kingdom was to sacrifice his
      daughter, Andromeda, to the sea monster. Andromeda is chained to a
      rock and left to the mercy of the monster. The hero, Perseus, riding
      through the air on winged sandals arrives at the scene and they fall
      in love. Perseus had a quick consultation with Cepheus and
      Cassiopeia; it is agreed that if he rescues their daughter, he could
      marry her. The sea monster (Cetus) arrives and Perseus kills it by
      turning it to stone with the Medusa's Head (Algol). Perseus breaks
      the chains that bound Andromeda to the rock and frees her. The
      wedding follows.

      According to Ptolemy the influence of this constellation is similar
      to that of Venus, though the legend would lead one to suppose some
      connection with Virgo. It is said to bestow purity of thought,
      virtue, honor and dignity upon its natives, but to cause battle with
      chimerical (wildly fanciful, highly improbable) fears and a tendency
      to become easily discouraged. It gives love between husband and wife
      and reconciles adulterers. If Mars afflicts the luminaries from
      Andromeda and especially if in an angle, it causes death by hanging,
      decapitation, crucifixion or impalement. By the Kabalists it is
      associated with the Hebrew letter P¨¦ and the 17th Tarot Trump, The
      Stars. [Robson*, p.26.]

      > Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)29 Aries 23 +2 dec
      Legend: Venus and her son Cupid while sitting on the bank of the
      Euphrates suddenly saw Typhon, the enemy of the Gods, approaching
      them. They leapt into the river and were saved from drowning by two
      fishes, who were afterwards placed in the heavens by Venus in
      gratitude for their help. [Robson*, p.57.]

      > Chiron 17 aqu 44 -9 dec
      Beth - wounded healer aligned with the warrior philosophers of the
      sea.

      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini) 17 Aqu 23 +16 dec

      Legend: When Amphitrite, who was sought as a wife by Neptune, hid
      herself, the God sent messengers to find her. The dolphin was the
      first to succeed and persuaded her to consent to the marriage, for
      which service Neptune placed him in the heavens. According to other
      accounts it is one of the pirates who were changed into dolphins by
      Bacchus on his voyage to Ariadne. [Robson*, p.42.]

      Pholus and Kuma (draco) are aligned, Beth - both represent someone
      who was assigned the task of protecting something.

      Varuna aligned with Castor

      Varuna - Hindu God of water/having dominion over the oceans.
      Castor is the Mortal Twin - (castor sometimes called hercules)

      "The arms to shoulders joined are accounted to the Twins" [Manilius,
      p.119]

      From the Twins come less laborious callings and a more agreeable way
      of life, provided by varied song and voices of harmonious tone,
      slender pipes, the melodies inborn in strings and the words fitted
      thereto: those so endowed find even work a pleasure. They would
      banish the arms of war, the trumpet's call, and the gloom of old age:
      theirs is a life of ease and unfading youth spent in the arms of
      love. They also discover paths to the skies, complete a survey of the
      heavens with numbers and measurements, and outstrip the flight of the
      stars: nature yields to their genius, which it serves in all things.
      So many are the accomplishments of which the Twins are fruitful.
      [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD. p.281.]

      Both Varuna and Castor are linked to Jupiter so may give a jupiter
      influence here.

      > Uranus, Eris and Pallas don't seem to be aligned with any of the
      stars
      > Robson, Ebertin, Rigor or Bernadette wrote about.
      >

      > Mark A. Holmes

      well that is the gist of the themes I've collected thus far,

      MissB
    • oparhi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2008
        Hi,

        Fine you put it here! Today as there is Mercury and Persephone
        conjoining in Capricorn, I know what Sun-Pluto likes a lot...

        Outi