Re: anyone pondering the winter Ingress chart?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2008

      Let me set it up...

      December 21, 2008
      12:03:46 p.m. GMT
      London

      Moon

      Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
      Spica (Alpha Virginis)

      Sun

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Mercury

      Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
      Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

      Venus

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      Mars

      Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii; the Butterfly Cluster)

      Jupiter

      Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)

      Saturn

      Denebola (Beta Leonis)

      Neptune

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Pluto

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      Spiculum (M-18/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii)

      Ceres

      Zosma (Delta Leonis)

      Juno

      Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

      Vesta

      Mirach (Beta Andromedae)
      Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)

      Chiron

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Uranus, Eris and Pallas don't seem to be aligned with any of the stars
      Robson, Ebertin, Rigor or Bernadette wrote about.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2008
        Comments inserted.... took a few lines from Ann Wrights pages at
        http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
        for convenience sake here. also I use + for North declinations and -
        for south declinations in case anyone gets confused by my notation.
        just because its is closer on keyboard to numbers the S & N :)
        everything quoted is from Ann's page, and the sources she gives
        included. I made a few comments,

        > December 21, 2008
        > 12:03:46 p.m. GMT
        > London
        >

        > Moon
        >
        > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
        star in the knee of the herdsman,
        With Moon: New friends, business success, good judgment, domestic
        harmony. If with Mars also, danger of death by suffocation. [Robson*,
        p.139.]
        > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
        signifies the spear of wheat in the Virgins hand (we are all
        concerned with harvest in hard times I think)
        Robson says the moon with Spica brings gains through inventions ,
        success, wealth and honor from Mercury,venus or Jupitor People.

        > Sun
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

        "gives an imoral mean and slovenly nature." anne wright page

        Beth - Declination is -26 which aligns it more closely with
        Spiculum who is at 1 Cap but whose Declination is at -24
        (sun is between these two but moving toward Spiculum)
        on the Cluster of Stars on the Bow of Sagitarius
        The means of launching new things? possibly?

        > Mercury (14 cap 13 declination - 24.53)
        > Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)2000 13 Cap 38 - declination -29.53
        ARmpit of the ARcher (String arm) mercury(communication) the means of
        launching new things possibly?

        Of the nature of Jupiter and Mercury. It gives good fortune and
        happiness. [Robson*, p.141.]

        > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)in 2000 14 Cap 59 -21.44
        Star is called the handle?
        Beth - is in the face of the archer - possibly further denoting
        speach or communication?

        "Part of the cluster in the Archer's Face. Of the nature of the Sun
        and Mars. It causes blindness, explosions, fire, flaring heat,
        heroism, courage, and defiance." [Robson*, p.173-174.]

        To find a major planet in a chart very precisely on Manubrium rather
        than its neighbors (which are very close in longitude) is likely to
        show up the more aggressive connotations of the constellation and
        sign here, we should often find less of the philosopher than the high-
        performance athlete or the high court judge. The military strategist
        is also likely to have this star strong. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric
        Morse, p.96-97.]

        > Venus 15 Aqu 35 -18 declination

        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis) 15 Aqu 54 -46.58 declination
        Star marking the body of the Crane -
        A retiring, active, proud, watchful, kind, idealistic and devoted
        nature, with a liking for astronomy. [Robson*, p.46.]

        Beth-cranes are thought ot be bringers of fortune by most cultures.
        They are beautiful to look at so Venus here makes me wonder at
        possibly seeing some of the arts highlighted for a bit.

        > Mars - 25 sag 41 -23.58 declination

        > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)24 sag 35 and -37 declination
        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii; the Butterfly Cluster)25 sag 44 -32
        declination
        companion star to Acumen, located int eh stinger
        "The Scorpion presides over arms" [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century
        AD, book 4, p.253]
        Notorious Blind Star.

        Beth - many references to striking achilles heel, etc. the star is of
        the nature of mars and Moon so mars aligned probably brings out Mars
        nature.??? I would think?

        > Jupiter - 26 cap 33 and -21 dec
        >
        > Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)25 cap 51 -26 dec
        in the point of the arrow of Sagitarius - ( beth note: which
        continues the theme of launching new things, and since jupiter
        generally means good things let us hope that to be true, especially
        as jupiter is the ruler of Sagitarius. :)

        It gives a fortune but with regret and disgrace, cunning, a mercenary
        nature and repulsiveness. [Robson*, p.213.].

        "As for the Archer, when the foremost portion of his cloak rises, he
        will give birth to hearts renowned in war and will conduct the
        conqueror, celebrating great triumphs in the sight of all, to his
        country's citadels. Such a one will build high walls (moenia from
        Latin murus) one moment and pull them down the next. But if Fortune
        favours them too generously with success, the mark of her envy is to
        be seen on their faces, for she works cruel havoc upon their
        features. So was it that a dread warrior* paid for his victories at
        the Trebia, Cannae, and the Lake, even before the hour of his
        retreat, with such disfigurement." [Translator's note: *Hanibal who
        lost an eye (Livy 22.2.11: Sagittarius is one-eyed; see p.103)
        [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD, book 4, p.267]

        > Saturn 21 Virgo 40 +5 dec
        Beth : Saturn is debilitated in Leo and though in tropical zodiac he
        appears to be in Virgo, on paper that is, in the sky he is still in
        Leo. He will move in the sky out of Leo Next September, Which I
        expect to see some improvement in the world by then.

        > Denebola (Beta Leonis)21 Virgo 37 and +14
        tail of the lion
        According to Ptolemy Denebola is of the nature of Saturn and Venus;
        to Wilson and Pearce, of Saturn, Venus and Mercury; to Simmonite, of
        Uranus; and, to Alvidas, of Mercury, Uranus and Mars. It gives swift
        judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune from the
        elements of nature, and happiness turned to anger, and makes its
        natives noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
        people's affairs. [Robson*, p.160-161.]

        The 'Tail of the Lion' has a Uranian nature and it is supposed that,
        in mundane horoscopes, major catastrophes are triggered off by it.
        Depending on the position and aspect to other stellar bodies in a
        personal cosmogram, either preferment or fall are credited to this
        star. Found on the Ascendant and especially in company with Mercury,
        a quarrelsome nature, with a liking for legal action is attributed to
        Denebola. It could also mean that this star is the cause of very
        exciting events. Badly placed in a map, with Mercury or Uranus,
        mental diseases - and those mostly incurable ones - are indicated.
        Fine aspects however, will further work connected with matters of
        reform and progress. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth
        Ebertin, 1928, p.56.]

        in a birth chart.
        With Saturn: Critical, always complaining, many enemies, loss through
        servants and thieves, unfortunate life, domestic sorrow, wife
        afflicted or children mentally unsound or deformed. [Robson*, p.162.]
        Beth - which mundanely may manifest as a lot of protests and domestic
        unrest I should think.

        Uranus - 18 Pis 59 -5 dec
        Beth - closest fixed star I can find is Homam in Pegasus, but it is
        at 16 Pisces so far enough away that probably dont want to apply too
        loosly, though I think that the SAturn Uranus opposition is a very
        apt description of Pegasus Syndrome.

        > Neptune 22 Aqu 08 -14 dec

        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)21 Aqu 47 -16 dec
        in the tail of the goat, The star is considered the bringer of good
        fortune

        Legend: During their war with the giants, the Gods were driven into
        Egypt and pursued by Typhon. In order to escape, each was forced to
        change his shape, and Pan, leaping into the Nile, turned the upper
        part of his body into a goat and the lower part into a fish, a shape
        considered by Jupiter worthy of commemoration in the heavens.
        [Robson*, p.35.]

        According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter; and,
        to Simmonite, of Saturn. It causes overcoming by evil, which is
        turned to success, and gives danger from beasts. [Robson*, p.179.]

        This star is also related to Justice.

        > Pluto 0.52 Cap and -18 dec
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        > Spiculum (M-18/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii)

        Beth - I think Pluto as well as sun here may refer to changing of the
        guard in management (government, business, religion, where ever
        management is found there will be a tearing down and building up anew
        where it doesn't work well) my interpretation others may vary the
        whole bow and arrow thing, makes me think launching of new things.

        > Ceres 12 Virgo 04 +17

        > Zosma (Delta Leonis)11 Virgo 19 +20
        on lions Rump
        Of the nature of Saturn and Venus. It causes benefit by disgrace,
        selfishness, egotism, immorality, meanness, melancholy, unhappiness
        of mind and fear of poison, and gives an unreasonable, shameless and
        egotistical nature. [Robson*, p.219.]

        Ability to prophesy. On the Euphrates the star theta (¦È Coxa), along
        with this star delta (¦Ä Zosma), was the god Kua, the Oracle. [Fixed
        Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.32.]

        > Juno 17 Cap 41 -14 dec
        Beth - The mother Figure connected to the knee of Sagitarius is a
        very interesting idea, it connects mother and travel or movement,
        possibly this is the signifier of the change and care of the auto
        industry? it needs some parenting? both in helping it change to a
        healthier industry but also nursing it along?
        > Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)16 Cap 38 -18 dec
        knee of Sagitarius

        > Vesta 29 Aries 39 +4 - tender of the hearth

        > Mirach (Beta Andromedae)0 tau 24 +35 dec
        yellow star in girdle of chained woman
        According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus; and, to Alvidas,
        of Mars and the Moon. It gives personal beauty, a brilliant mind, a
        love of home, great devotion, beneficence, forgiveness, love,
        overcoming by kindness, renown, and good fortune in marriage.
        [Robson*, p.178.] (Beth - which sounds very Vesta like doesn't it?)

        Legend: Andromeda, the original "maiden in distress" is daughter of
        Cepheus, king of Ethiopeia, and his wife Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia was
        proud of her daughter's beauty and boasted that Andromeda was more
        beautiful than the Sea Nymphs, the Nereids, who were daughters of
        Poseidon (Neptune). The Nereids complained to Poseidon who sent a sea
        monster (Cetus) to ravage the coast. With his kingdom in grave
        danger, Cepheus consulted the oracle of Ammon in Libya for advice. He
        learned the only way to save his kingdom was to sacrifice his
        daughter, Andromeda, to the sea monster. Andromeda is chained to a
        rock and left to the mercy of the monster. The hero, Perseus, riding
        through the air on winged sandals arrives at the scene and they fall
        in love. Perseus had a quick consultation with Cepheus and
        Cassiopeia; it is agreed that if he rescues their daughter, he could
        marry her. The sea monster (Cetus) arrives and Perseus kills it by
        turning it to stone with the Medusa's Head (Algol). Perseus breaks
        the chains that bound Andromeda to the rock and frees her. The
        wedding follows.

        According to Ptolemy the influence of this constellation is similar
        to that of Venus, though the legend would lead one to suppose some
        connection with Virgo. It is said to bestow purity of thought,
        virtue, honor and dignity upon its natives, but to cause battle with
        chimerical (wildly fanciful, highly improbable) fears and a tendency
        to become easily discouraged. It gives love between husband and wife
        and reconciles adulterers. If Mars afflicts the luminaries from
        Andromeda and especially if in an angle, it causes death by hanging,
        decapitation, crucifixion or impalement. By the Kabalists it is
        associated with the Hebrew letter P¨¦ and the 17th Tarot Trump, The
        Stars. [Robson*, p.26.]

        > Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)29 Aries 23 +2 dec
        Legend: Venus and her son Cupid while sitting on the bank of the
        Euphrates suddenly saw Typhon, the enemy of the Gods, approaching
        them. They leapt into the river and were saved from drowning by two
        fishes, who were afterwards placed in the heavens by Venus in
        gratitude for their help. [Robson*, p.57.]

        > Chiron 17 aqu 44 -9 dec
        Beth - wounded healer aligned with the warrior philosophers of the
        sea.

        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini) 17 Aqu 23 +16 dec

        Legend: When Amphitrite, who was sought as a wife by Neptune, hid
        herself, the God sent messengers to find her. The dolphin was the
        first to succeed and persuaded her to consent to the marriage, for
        which service Neptune placed him in the heavens. According to other
        accounts it is one of the pirates who were changed into dolphins by
        Bacchus on his voyage to Ariadne. [Robson*, p.42.]

        Pholus and Kuma (draco) are aligned, Beth - both represent someone
        who was assigned the task of protecting something.

        Varuna aligned with Castor

        Varuna - Hindu God of water/having dominion over the oceans.
        Castor is the Mortal Twin - (castor sometimes called hercules)

        "The arms to shoulders joined are accounted to the Twins" [Manilius,
        p.119]

        From the Twins come less laborious callings and a more agreeable way
        of life, provided by varied song and voices of harmonious tone,
        slender pipes, the melodies inborn in strings and the words fitted
        thereto: those so endowed find even work a pleasure. They would
        banish the arms of war, the trumpet's call, and the gloom of old age:
        theirs is a life of ease and unfading youth spent in the arms of
        love. They also discover paths to the skies, complete a survey of the
        heavens with numbers and measurements, and outstrip the flight of the
        stars: nature yields to their genius, which it serves in all things.
        So many are the accomplishments of which the Twins are fruitful.
        [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD. p.281.]

        Both Varuna and Castor are linked to Jupiter so may give a jupiter
        influence here.

        > Uranus, Eris and Pallas don't seem to be aligned with any of the
        stars
        > Robson, Ebertin, Rigor or Bernadette wrote about.
        >

        > Mark A. Holmes

        well that is the gist of the themes I've collected thus far,

        MissB
      • oparhi
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2008
          Hi,

          Fine you put it here! Today as there is Mercury and Persephone
          conjoining in Capricorn, I know what Sun-Pluto likes a lot...

          Outi