anyone pondering the winter Ingress chart?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2008
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2008

        Let me set it up...

        December 21, 2008
        12:03:46 p.m. GMT
        London

        Moon

        Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
        Spica (Alpha Virginis)

        Sun

        Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

        Mercury

        Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
        Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

        Venus

        Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

        Mars

        Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii; the Butterfly Cluster)

        Jupiter

        Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)

        Saturn

        Denebola (Beta Leonis)

        Neptune

        Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

        Pluto

        Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        Spiculum (M-18/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii)

        Ceres

        Zosma (Delta Leonis)

        Juno

        Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

        Vesta

        Mirach (Beta Andromedae)
        Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)

        Chiron

        Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

        Uranus, Eris and Pallas don't seem to be aligned with any of the stars
        Robson, Ebertin, Rigor or Bernadette wrote about.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2008
          Comments inserted.... took a few lines from Ann Wrights pages at
          http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
          for convenience sake here. also I use + for North declinations and -
          for south declinations in case anyone gets confused by my notation.
          just because its is closer on keyboard to numbers the S & N :)
          everything quoted is from Ann's page, and the sources she gives
          included. I made a few comments,

          > December 21, 2008
          > 12:03:46 p.m. GMT
          > London
          >

          > Moon
          >
          > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
          star in the knee of the herdsman,
          With Moon: New friends, business success, good judgment, domestic
          harmony. If with Mars also, danger of death by suffocation. [Robson*,
          p.139.]
          > Spica (Alpha Virginis)
          signifies the spear of wheat in the Virgins hand (we are all
          concerned with harvest in hard times I think)
          Robson says the moon with Spica brings gains through inventions ,
          success, wealth and honor from Mercury,venus or Jupitor People.

          > Sun
          > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

          "gives an imoral mean and slovenly nature." anne wright page

          Beth - Declination is -26 which aligns it more closely with
          Spiculum who is at 1 Cap but whose Declination is at -24
          (sun is between these two but moving toward Spiculum)
          on the Cluster of Stars on the Bow of Sagitarius
          The means of launching new things? possibly?

          > Mercury (14 cap 13 declination - 24.53)
          > Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)2000 13 Cap 38 - declination -29.53
          ARmpit of the ARcher (String arm) mercury(communication) the means of
          launching new things possibly?

          Of the nature of Jupiter and Mercury. It gives good fortune and
          happiness. [Robson*, p.141.]

          > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)in 2000 14 Cap 59 -21.44
          Star is called the handle?
          Beth - is in the face of the archer - possibly further denoting
          speach or communication?

          "Part of the cluster in the Archer's Face. Of the nature of the Sun
          and Mars. It causes blindness, explosions, fire, flaring heat,
          heroism, courage, and defiance." [Robson*, p.173-174.]

          To find a major planet in a chart very precisely on Manubrium rather
          than its neighbors (which are very close in longitude) is likely to
          show up the more aggressive connotations of the constellation and
          sign here, we should often find less of the philosopher than the high-
          performance athlete or the high court judge. The military strategist
          is also likely to have this star strong. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric
          Morse, p.96-97.]

          > Venus 15 Aqu 35 -18 declination

          > Alnair (Alpha Gruis) 15 Aqu 54 -46.58 declination
          Star marking the body of the Crane -
          A retiring, active, proud, watchful, kind, idealistic and devoted
          nature, with a liking for astronomy. [Robson*, p.46.]

          Beth-cranes are thought ot be bringers of fortune by most cultures.
          They are beautiful to look at so Venus here makes me wonder at
          possibly seeing some of the arts highlighted for a bit.

          > Mars - 25 sag 41 -23.58 declination

          > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)24 sag 35 and -37 declination
          > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii; the Butterfly Cluster)25 sag 44 -32
          declination
          companion star to Acumen, located int eh stinger
          "The Scorpion presides over arms" [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century
          AD, book 4, p.253]
          Notorious Blind Star.

          Beth - many references to striking achilles heel, etc. the star is of
          the nature of mars and Moon so mars aligned probably brings out Mars
          nature.??? I would think?

          > Jupiter - 26 cap 33 and -21 dec
          >
          > Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)25 cap 51 -26 dec
          in the point of the arrow of Sagitarius - ( beth note: which
          continues the theme of launching new things, and since jupiter
          generally means good things let us hope that to be true, especially
          as jupiter is the ruler of Sagitarius. :)

          It gives a fortune but with regret and disgrace, cunning, a mercenary
          nature and repulsiveness. [Robson*, p.213.].

          "As for the Archer, when the foremost portion of his cloak rises, he
          will give birth to hearts renowned in war and will conduct the
          conqueror, celebrating great triumphs in the sight of all, to his
          country's citadels. Such a one will build high walls (moenia from
          Latin murus) one moment and pull them down the next. But if Fortune
          favours them too generously with success, the mark of her envy is to
          be seen on their faces, for she works cruel havoc upon their
          features. So was it that a dread warrior* paid for his victories at
          the Trebia, Cannae, and the Lake, even before the hour of his
          retreat, with such disfigurement." [Translator's note: *Hanibal who
          lost an eye (Livy 22.2.11: Sagittarius is one-eyed; see p.103)
          [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD, book 4, p.267]

          > Saturn 21 Virgo 40 +5 dec
          Beth : Saturn is debilitated in Leo and though in tropical zodiac he
          appears to be in Virgo, on paper that is, in the sky he is still in
          Leo. He will move in the sky out of Leo Next September, Which I
          expect to see some improvement in the world by then.

          > Denebola (Beta Leonis)21 Virgo 37 and +14
          tail of the lion
          According to Ptolemy Denebola is of the nature of Saturn and Venus;
          to Wilson and Pearce, of Saturn, Venus and Mercury; to Simmonite, of
          Uranus; and, to Alvidas, of Mercury, Uranus and Mars. It gives swift
          judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune from the
          elements of nature, and happiness turned to anger, and makes its
          natives noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
          people's affairs. [Robson*, p.160-161.]

          The 'Tail of the Lion' has a Uranian nature and it is supposed that,
          in mundane horoscopes, major catastrophes are triggered off by it.
          Depending on the position and aspect to other stellar bodies in a
          personal cosmogram, either preferment or fall are credited to this
          star. Found on the Ascendant and especially in company with Mercury,
          a quarrelsome nature, with a liking for legal action is attributed to
          Denebola. It could also mean that this star is the cause of very
          exciting events. Badly placed in a map, with Mercury or Uranus,
          mental diseases - and those mostly incurable ones - are indicated.
          Fine aspects however, will further work connected with matters of
          reform and progress. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth
          Ebertin, 1928, p.56.]

          in a birth chart.
          With Saturn: Critical, always complaining, many enemies, loss through
          servants and thieves, unfortunate life, domestic sorrow, wife
          afflicted or children mentally unsound or deformed. [Robson*, p.162.]
          Beth - which mundanely may manifest as a lot of protests and domestic
          unrest I should think.

          Uranus - 18 Pis 59 -5 dec
          Beth - closest fixed star I can find is Homam in Pegasus, but it is
          at 16 Pisces so far enough away that probably dont want to apply too
          loosly, though I think that the SAturn Uranus opposition is a very
          apt description of Pegasus Syndrome.

          > Neptune 22 Aqu 08 -14 dec

          > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)21 Aqu 47 -16 dec
          in the tail of the goat, The star is considered the bringer of good
          fortune

          Legend: During their war with the giants, the Gods were driven into
          Egypt and pursued by Typhon. In order to escape, each was forced to
          change his shape, and Pan, leaping into the Nile, turned the upper
          part of his body into a goat and the lower part into a fish, a shape
          considered by Jupiter worthy of commemoration in the heavens.
          [Robson*, p.35.]

          According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter; and,
          to Simmonite, of Saturn. It causes overcoming by evil, which is
          turned to success, and gives danger from beasts. [Robson*, p.179.]

          This star is also related to Justice.

          > Pluto 0.52 Cap and -18 dec
          > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
          > Spiculum (M-18/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii)

          Beth - I think Pluto as well as sun here may refer to changing of the
          guard in management (government, business, religion, where ever
          management is found there will be a tearing down and building up anew
          where it doesn't work well) my interpretation others may vary the
          whole bow and arrow thing, makes me think launching of new things.

          > Ceres 12 Virgo 04 +17

          > Zosma (Delta Leonis)11 Virgo 19 +20
          on lions Rump
          Of the nature of Saturn and Venus. It causes benefit by disgrace,
          selfishness, egotism, immorality, meanness, melancholy, unhappiness
          of mind and fear of poison, and gives an unreasonable, shameless and
          egotistical nature. [Robson*, p.219.]

          Ability to prophesy. On the Euphrates the star theta (¦È Coxa), along
          with this star delta (¦Ä Zosma), was the god Kua, the Oracle. [Fixed
          Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.32.]

          > Juno 17 Cap 41 -14 dec
          Beth - The mother Figure connected to the knee of Sagitarius is a
          very interesting idea, it connects mother and travel or movement,
          possibly this is the signifier of the change and care of the auto
          industry? it needs some parenting? both in helping it change to a
          healthier industry but also nursing it along?
          > Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)16 Cap 38 -18 dec
          knee of Sagitarius

          > Vesta 29 Aries 39 +4 - tender of the hearth

          > Mirach (Beta Andromedae)0 tau 24 +35 dec
          yellow star in girdle of chained woman
          According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus; and, to Alvidas,
          of Mars and the Moon. It gives personal beauty, a brilliant mind, a
          love of home, great devotion, beneficence, forgiveness, love,
          overcoming by kindness, renown, and good fortune in marriage.
          [Robson*, p.178.] (Beth - which sounds very Vesta like doesn't it?)

          Legend: Andromeda, the original "maiden in distress" is daughter of
          Cepheus, king of Ethiopeia, and his wife Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia was
          proud of her daughter's beauty and boasted that Andromeda was more
          beautiful than the Sea Nymphs, the Nereids, who were daughters of
          Poseidon (Neptune). The Nereids complained to Poseidon who sent a sea
          monster (Cetus) to ravage the coast. With his kingdom in grave
          danger, Cepheus consulted the oracle of Ammon in Libya for advice. He
          learned the only way to save his kingdom was to sacrifice his
          daughter, Andromeda, to the sea monster. Andromeda is chained to a
          rock and left to the mercy of the monster. The hero, Perseus, riding
          through the air on winged sandals arrives at the scene and they fall
          in love. Perseus had a quick consultation with Cepheus and
          Cassiopeia; it is agreed that if he rescues their daughter, he could
          marry her. The sea monster (Cetus) arrives and Perseus kills it by
          turning it to stone with the Medusa's Head (Algol). Perseus breaks
          the chains that bound Andromeda to the rock and frees her. The
          wedding follows.

          According to Ptolemy the influence of this constellation is similar
          to that of Venus, though the legend would lead one to suppose some
          connection with Virgo. It is said to bestow purity of thought,
          virtue, honor and dignity upon its natives, but to cause battle with
          chimerical (wildly fanciful, highly improbable) fears and a tendency
          to become easily discouraged. It gives love between husband and wife
          and reconciles adulterers. If Mars afflicts the luminaries from
          Andromeda and especially if in an angle, it causes death by hanging,
          decapitation, crucifixion or impalement. By the Kabalists it is
          associated with the Hebrew letter P¨¦ and the 17th Tarot Trump, The
          Stars. [Robson*, p.26.]

          > Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)29 Aries 23 +2 dec
          Legend: Venus and her son Cupid while sitting on the bank of the
          Euphrates suddenly saw Typhon, the enemy of the Gods, approaching
          them. They leapt into the river and were saved from drowning by two
          fishes, who were afterwards placed in the heavens by Venus in
          gratitude for their help. [Robson*, p.57.]

          > Chiron 17 aqu 44 -9 dec
          Beth - wounded healer aligned with the warrior philosophers of the
          sea.

          > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini) 17 Aqu 23 +16 dec

          Legend: When Amphitrite, who was sought as a wife by Neptune, hid
          herself, the God sent messengers to find her. The dolphin was the
          first to succeed and persuaded her to consent to the marriage, for
          which service Neptune placed him in the heavens. According to other
          accounts it is one of the pirates who were changed into dolphins by
          Bacchus on his voyage to Ariadne. [Robson*, p.42.]

          Pholus and Kuma (draco) are aligned, Beth - both represent someone
          who was assigned the task of protecting something.

          Varuna aligned with Castor

          Varuna - Hindu God of water/having dominion over the oceans.
          Castor is the Mortal Twin - (castor sometimes called hercules)

          "The arms to shoulders joined are accounted to the Twins" [Manilius,
          p.119]

          From the Twins come less laborious callings and a more agreeable way
          of life, provided by varied song and voices of harmonious tone,
          slender pipes, the melodies inborn in strings and the words fitted
          thereto: those so endowed find even work a pleasure. They would
          banish the arms of war, the trumpet's call, and the gloom of old age:
          theirs is a life of ease and unfading youth spent in the arms of
          love. They also discover paths to the skies, complete a survey of the
          heavens with numbers and measurements, and outstrip the flight of the
          stars: nature yields to their genius, which it serves in all things.
          So many are the accomplishments of which the Twins are fruitful.
          [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD. p.281.]

          Both Varuna and Castor are linked to Jupiter so may give a jupiter
          influence here.

          > Uranus, Eris and Pallas don't seem to be aligned with any of the
          stars
          > Robson, Ebertin, Rigor or Bernadette wrote about.
          >

          > Mark A. Holmes

          well that is the gist of the themes I've collected thus far,

          MissB
        • oparhi
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2008
            Hi,

            Fine you put it here! Today as there is Mercury and Persephone
            conjoining in Capricorn, I know what Sun-Pluto likes a lot...

            Outi