Neptune return to discovery degree

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2008
      Neptune return to discovery degree

      Neptune was discovered Sept 23, 1846, about 9-10 PM, at Berlin.

      It was 25 Aquar 52 rx, closely conj Saturn at 25 Aquar 08 rx.

      It will return to this position (for the 1st time since its discovery) on Apr 11, 2009.

      For epoch 2000, add 2 deg 08 min; for epoch 2009.5, add 2 deg 16 min.

      The two planets were aligned with Triple Star NGC7158 at the end of the Sea-Goat's tail
      and Iota Aquarii in the Water-Pourer's thigh/lap (there's an overlap of constellations here), as well as stars of Cygnus, the Swan and Piscis Austrinus, the Southern Fish:

      From my book:

      Albert Einstein, who had Jupiter here, said "I want to know what God knows; the rest are just details;" whether bearing the Water-Pourer’s burdens, flying with Cygnus and Pegasus (whose earliest stars are here), riding the waves with Capricornus or delving deep into them with Piscis Austrinus, these wayfarers search for comprehension, for God and for “what God knows,” examining and questioning everything for its deeper meaning. These “true Aquarians” (these are the last stars that encompass both tropical and sidereal Aquarius), born under the the head of the pourer-out of the waters of heaven, share their place in the sky with the gulping Southern Fish (who wants it all!)  Whether filled with faith and hope or troubled with skepticism, their intense curiosity and will-to-understand takes them on life-long pilgrimages of discovery. The Earth and her people, flora, fauna, weather patterns, minerals, soil and vital signs are their concern, as well as her enveloping universe and the laws, ways and means of human interactions; they create maps not only of the earth and sky but the human mind and psyche as well, for here are geographers, cartographers (both terrestrial and celestial), cosmologists, geologists, naturalists, physicists, mathematicians, physicians, psychologists, astrologers, psychic researchers, scholars of religion, philosophy and mythology, students and salvors of ancient knowledge, and laws both human and divine. Although charming, they are outspoken and “tell it like it is.” Stubborn, determined, fiercely independent, hungry for knowledge (along with money, achievement, and recognition); they are anxious to prove themselves; time presses upon them; they never feel they have enough of it to finish their tasks on this plane. Under the Veil Nebula they enjoy the secretive, mysterious trappings of magic, sleight-of-hand conjuring and “hidden knowledge” granted by the study of ancient texts and the occult; some have mystical or visionary experiences, and the artists and writers among them have a nicely-honed sense of the gothic and macabre. There is a wild, aggressive side to the Swan (Persians saw a panther in its stars), and often physical prowess as well: many athletes and dancers have positions here (as well as comedians with a madcap sense of humor). Some seek God, others play God: mastery and control (of themselves and others) is essential to them; opinionated and blunt, they can be cold, tough, brutal and ruthless, and may back up their hard-won, strongly-held beliefs with force (in extreme cases, murder). For those in public life, law, government, politics and military force are often combined and intertwined. Insisting on obedience and adherence to laws; some embrace pacifism while others try to enforce what they consider absolutes and fundamentals (as if by forcing them on others, they may quiet their own repressed doubts). Scandal-prone, often beleaguered, they are high-strung, sensitive to slights, wrongs and injustices to themselves, but nonetheless may impose them on others; some are arrogant, rigid, aristocratic and chauvinistic, even satyrical, sneering and bullying. The gulping Southern Fish can make them greedy for money and the trappings of success, and a few give in to overindulgence and addictions, yet many here are uninterested in riches; enlightened by Aquarius’ gift of a wide-ranging, universal mind, recognizing the oneness of humankind, they open themselves to the all-encompassing energies of  the divine, searching (through laws, social philosophy and/or reform) for ways to create a peaceful Utopia and to help their fellow-passengers on Spaceship Earth. The earliest stars of Aquarius’ head are here, and mental health is an important concern: some are conflicted in their sexual identity, convinced that their physical bodies do not match the true gender of their souls. Longing for faith but wracked by doubts or beset by painful emotional conflicts, they can learn to use the mind itself to heal; a few have psychic ability which can be used to help others. Issues include waging war vs making peace, taking responsibility for oneself and others vs self-pity; self-discipline vs self-indulgence; severity and prejudgment vs forbearance, tolerance and understanding. These stars form the last quarter of a Grand Cross of the Pleiades, Regulus, Bungula (Alpha Centauri) and Omicron2 Cygni. High above the travails of Earth, the soaring wings of Cygnus grant a breadth of vision vouchsafed to few. Multiple births, umbilical cord problems (around the neck): head injuries, face or skin disfigurements (especially the nose) (the Water-Pourer's head and neck are here); hearing problems, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse; cannibalism; Great journeys and treks, release of long-contained or long-repressed energies and/or tensions; assassinations, mass intolerance, persecutions, droughts, famines, epidemics, disasters with a high number of fatalities, fires, storms with extremely high winds, floods, extreme cold, major fossil discoveries; paradigm shifts; meteorite falls

      This was the Sun of US Pres Abraham Lincoln, who dedicated his presidency to saving the Union (spells of depression) (assassinated-shot in the head) (the head of Aquarius is here) and 19th-century naturalist Charles Darwin whose "The Origin of Species" (1859) caused intense controversy, unabated to this day! (intestinal illness, fatigue, panic attacks) (Lincoln and Darwin were born on the same day; each, without intending to, precipitated a social and cultural revolution); the Sun as well of 16th-century jurist Sir Edward Coke, champion of English Common Law; 18th-century moral philosopher-economist-social and judicial reformer Jeremy Bentham, 18th-19th-century economist-demographer Thomas Malthus (theorized that population will always tend to outrun food supply, and the betterment of mankind is impossible without limits on reproduction), social philosopher Auguste Comte, pioneer feminist Susan B Anthony, social reformer-utopian Charles Fourier, “formidable” one-woman social reformer Carrie Nation, a temperance advocate notorious for marching into barrooms singing, praying, hurling biblical vituperations and smashing stock and fixtures with a hatchet, and UN Commissioner for Human Rights Sergio Vieira De Mello (killed by Gulf War II terrorist bomb, Baghdad), This was Venus when Russian serfs were emancipated, and at the inauguration of President Abraham Lincoln, both in 1861.

      There are chart elements here of paradigm-shifting 15th-16th-century astrologer-astronomer-mathematician Copernicus, 16th-century astronomer-astrologer Tycho Brahe (nose cut off in a duel), 16th-17th-century astrologer-astronomer-mathematician Kepler, 17th-century astronomer-celestial cartographer Hevelius (proud of his unusually keen eyesight); naturalist-biologist-microscopy pioneer Swammerdam (deeply religious, unstable), 18th-century cartographer-geographer-surveyor Aaron Arrowsmith and geologist-mineralogist Dolomieu, 18th-19th-century French Academy of Medicine founder Dr Joseph Guillotin, at whose urging (for a quick, painless means of capital punishment) the guillotine was invented; photograpy  co-inventor J Nicephore Niepce, mathematician-physicist Jean-Baptiste Fourier, 19th-century explorer-naturalist-botanical collector-science patron Joseph Banks, naturalist Geoffroy St-Hilaire, pioneering geologist-ethnologist-anthropologist-conservationist-explorer-author Maj John Wesley Powell, 1st to voyage and map the length of the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River, creator-publisher of the 1st classification of American Indian languages (all this after he lost his lower right arm at the Battle of Shiloh!), ethnologist-explorer Henry Rowe Schoolcraft, an early important writer on American Indians; anthropologist-archaeologist-geologist-illustrator William H Holmes, astronomer Urbain Leverrier, pioneering 19th-early 20th-century physicists Pierre Curie (crystallography, piezoelectricity, magnetism, radioactivity) (head crushed in accident at 46), Marie Curie (discoverer of radium), physicist-chemist Otto Hahn (and born just 6 days later) physicist Albert Einstein, nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman, a believer in UFO’s; philosopher-mathematician Alfred North Whitehead, inventor Thomas Edison (became deaf), aircraft designer Willy Messerschmidt, horticulturalist-plant breeder Luther Burbank, paleontologist Edward Drinker Cope, anthropologist Margaret Mead and naturalist- primatologist-ethologist Jane Goodall (discoverer of tool making and tool use among primates) who travels and lectures about saving endangered animals, the environment (and humankind!). These stars were transited at the Aries Ingress of 1313 when Chinese Magistrate Wang Chen, whose craftsmen had carved 60,000 characters on movable wooden blocks, published a treatise on the history of technology, and in it mentioned the use of tin characters for printing (more than a century before printing developed in Europe); when the Aztec Calendar Stone was discovered, Mexico City, 1760; at Neptune’s discovery (cnj Saturn) in 1846; when ancient Egyptian King Tutankhamen's tomb was opened in 1923; at the launch of Sputnik, the 1st artificial earth satellite, from Baikonur Cosmodrome, USSR in 1957, the start of the Space Age (and, as it turned out, the Internet), in 1980 when Benoit Mandelbrot discovered “Mandelbrot Sets” (fractals), “one of the most astonishing discoveries in the history of mathematics.” This was Uranus (cnj Charles Darwin's Sun) in 1835, when HMS Beagle arrived at the Galapagos Islands with Darwin on board; observations of its fauna led to his revolutionary theory of natural selection and evolution. Piscis Austrinus, the Great Southern Fish, apparently sponsors fossils: this was the 1822 Aries Ingress NNode the year Dr Gideon Mantell discovered the 1st (aquatic) dinosaur bones in Sussex, Jupiter in 1938 when a live coelacanth, a 5-foot (1.52 m) “fossil fish” sourced in the Devonian period (410-360 million years BP - predating the dinosaurs!), thought to have been extinct for over 80 million years, was caught off South Africa, and Venus was here in 2006 when scientists announced they had found a 375-million-year-old tetrapod-fish "missing link" fossil in Canada's far-north Nunavut Territory, jokingly dubbing it a "fishapod;" Inuit elders, asked to propose a formal name, chose "Tiktaalik" (Inuktikuk for "a large, shallow-water fish") - all discoveries that caused great excitement in the scientific world.

      ((Just felt like offering up a bit of a holiday gift, since the book has been delayed)

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

    • oparhi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2008
        It is also near the Jupiter-Neptune conjunction in Aquarius as Jupiter
        transits that point 25.52 Aqu in 19 May 2009 and is then within one
        degree conjunction (about 35') to Neptune and Chiron (about 18'). And
        it passes that point direct the second time on 29 December 2009.

        But adding the epoc degrees we have to wait until April 2010 before
        Neptune gets there. And Jupiter is then in Pisces approaching Uranus.

        Would you think this time could be some kind of sign, time worth-while
        exploring the cosmos, physics, astrology, all the occult, sciences,
        psych etc? There are so many possibilities there in this vast list of
        things.

        Outi