Re: Hoover

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008

      > Looks to me like he should have stayed out of politics. Politics
      back in the 1920s

      was, like American society in general, unabashedly racist. The social
      programs Franklin Roosevelt put in may not have stopped the Great
      Depression, but they made the long economic slump easier for people
      to handle; plus, capitalism needs regulating, as FDR knew and
      numerous efforts at deregulation by free-market fundamentalists (most
      recently under Bush) have shown time and time again.

      (I hit the wrong key by mistake.)

      Mark A. Holmes