Re: [thefixedstars] Hoover birth date

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2008
      And then you have this:

      Mark A. Holmes

      --- On Sun, 11/23/08, sisterbellabee@... <sisterbellabee@...> wrote:
      From: sisterbellabee@... <sisterbellabee@...>
      Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] Hoover birth date
      To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 11:12 PM

      Friends, the following also offered:

      Herbert Clark Hoover: 31st president of the U.S.
      August 10, 1874
      11.12.00 PM LMT (+00)
      West Branch, Iowa
      91W22; 41N39
      Source: Unknown. Horoscopes of the U.S Presidents,
      Doane.

      "As far as I know, this is the most up-to-date compilation of this data, as of December 2003, and I hope it will be considered an open source file for others to make their additions and corrections. "Source unknown" means the birth time was rectified by Ms. Doane.
      -Haizen Paige/www.haizen. com
      January 19 2007
      Political Astrology Message #71266 "
      Sincerely, Sherri

      In a message dated 11/23/2008 8:35:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, fixed.stars@ verizon.net writes:
      Mark sent
      There's some dispute about Hoover's birthdate--it' s either August 10 or August 11.
      ============ ======
      Hi Mark,
      If you read the source details below, you will see that it is virtually certainly the 11th.
      Love, Diana
      Source for data: Solar Fire Gold Politicians file - here are the details:
      From News Report (B)
      Herbert Clark Hoover
      Politician
      Hoover was the 31st president of the USA (1929-1933). Prior to his election into the White House, he served as U.S. secretary of commerce (1921-1927); reorganising the department, and creating divisions to regulate broadcasting and aviation. His major projects included the building of Boulder (later Hoover) Dam and the St. Lawrence Seaway. In 1928, as the Republican presidential candidate, he soundly defeated Alfred E. Smith, but his plans to improve economic and social conditions were soon overwhelmed by the arrival of the Great Depression in 1929. Hoover died on 20 October 1964 in New York City.
      SOURCE: Sy Scholfield notes a newspaper article quoting family members and public records for this approximate time and day: ""There always has been a question as whether Dad was born on Aug. 10 or Aug. 11,'' Allan Hoover once wrote to a friend. ""As I remember the story, a member of the family present for the occasion asked, for the record, when the event did take place. One of those officiating said, "just about an hour ago.' They looked at the clock and it was 1 a.m. on Aug. 11.''
      Research by Frank Nye, the late historian from Cedar Rapids, indicates that it might have been Aug. 11. A parish registry and a Cedar County Clerk's report both list Aug. 11.
      Hoover's older brother, Tad, wrote an unpublished memoir including a chapter about Herbert. The chapter begins, ""My brother was born Aug. 11, 1874. I remember my father coming to my room in the early morning and telling me I had a little brother.''
      ("Hoover Birthday Fete Day or Two Early," 9 August 1987, The Omaha World-Herald) .