Herbert Hoover (was: Re: Barak Obama's fixed stars)

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2008

      Wikipedia
      > about his humanitarian side worth reading)
      >

      > (Me)
      >
      > While Herbert Hoover may have acted like a humanitarian during and
      just after World War I, his conduct in overseeing relief efforts in
      the South during the great Mississippi River flood of 1927 is another
      stain on his image and is a major reason why most African-Americans
      now vote Democratic. (I'll have his fixed stars posted before too
      long.)

      > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/flood/timeline/timeline2.html

      Herbert Clark Hoover
      August 10, 1874
      West Branch, Iowa

      using noon

      Sun

      Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)

      Mars

      Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
      Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)

      Saturn

      Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      Pluto

      Zanrak (Gamma Eridani)
      Capulus (M-34 Persei, the Sword-Handle Cluster in Perseus)

      Ceres

      Al Hecka (Zeta Tauri)

      Vesta

      Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri)

      North Node

      Mirach (Beta Andromedae)
      Mira (Omicron Ceti)

      http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

      He probably would have done better to stay a humanitarian; politics
      ruined his reputation.