Fixed star alignments (October 5, 2008)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      orb).

      Jupiter

      Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae)

      *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)

      *Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)

      Shrichakra (Gamma Coronae Australis)

      Kalachakra (Delta Coronae Australis)

      Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)

      Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)

      Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti, an open cluster)

      Saturn

      Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)

      (was a new alignment with Saturn last week--not Jupiter)

      *Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis. A group of seven galaxies discovered in 1874 by British astronomer Ralph Copeland, consists of NGC 3745, NGC 3746, NGC 3748, NGC 3750, NGC 3751, NGC 3753, and NGC 3754, contained within a 5' circle)

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris; the middle star in the handle of the Big Dipper)

      *Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris; Mizar's famous visual companion)

      Broken Engagement Ring (Harrington STAR 19 Ursae Majoris, a small asterism)

      Xestus (Omicron Velorum)

      Uranus

      SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      16 Cygni B (has planets)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      *S Doradus (super-brilliant star in Nubecula Major)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; a former name of Grus the Crane is
      Phoenicopterus the Flamingo)

      VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax the Pole
      Guard)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      Baraka (Xi Herculis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Reynolds' Star (G1.9+0.3 Sagittarii, a very recent [1878] supernova discovered
      by Stephen Reynolds, et al)

      Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; an open cluster, aka Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Eris

      Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Ceres

      *Outcast Star (J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; it is leaving the Milky Way Galaxy for intergalactic space at an extraordinary speed)

      *NGC 2903 (Leonis; galaxy considered a malefic by the late Byron Wahl)

      *Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris; one of the Pointers in the Big Dipper)

      *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

      Pallas

      *Almaaz (Epsilon Aurigae)

      *Hoedus Primus (aka Hoedus I; Zeta Aurigae; one of the Hoedi, or Kids)

      *Hoedus Secundus (aka Hoedus II; Eta Aurigae; another one of the Hoedi)

      *Rigil Camelopardalis (7 Camelopardalis; marks one of the Giraffe's feet)

      *TV Columbae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis)

      Juno

      *Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

      *Imad (Theta Ophiuchi)

      Wajrik (Xi Ophiuchi)

      *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)

      *Cotton Candy Nebula (CRL 6815 Scorpii)

      *Pismis 24 (Scorpii)

      Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australe)

      Vesta

      *Anfal (51 Andromedae)

      *WX Arietis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Comet Planetary (NGC 1350 Fornacis)

      *Deltotron (Beta Trianguli)

      Chiron

      Albulaan Australis (Gamma Aquarii)

      Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)

      Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

      Dhanistra (Theta Delphini)

      Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)

      *Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

      *HD 195019 (Delphini; has planets)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      *Albulaan Australis (Gamma Aquarii)

      Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      *Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

      *Dhanistra (Theta Delphini)

      *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148 and 5150 Gruis)

      Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

      *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      *Hanny's Voorwerp (SDSS J094103.80+344334.2 Leonis Minoris; translates literally from the Dutch as "Hanny's object". It is named after Hanny van Arkel, a Dutch schoolteacher who discovered it in 2008. It is believed to be the remnant of a burned-out quasar near the galaxy IC 2497).

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
        > orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae)
        >
        > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)
        >
        > *Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Shrichakra (Gamma Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Kalachakra (Delta Coronae Australis)
        >
        > Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
        >
        > Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)
        >
        > Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti, an open cluster)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
        >
        > (was a new alignment with Saturn last week--not Jupiter)
        >
        > *Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis. A group of seven galaxies discovered in 1874 by British astronomer Ralph Copeland, consists of NGC 3745, NGC 3746, NGC 3748, NGC 3750, NGC 3751, NGC 3753, and NGC 3754, contained within a 5' circle)
        >
        > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris; the middle star in the handle of the Big Dipper)
        >
        > *Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris; Mizar's famous visual companion)
        >
        > Broken Engagement Ring (Harrington STAR 19 Ursae Majoris, a small asterism)
        >
        > Xestus (Omicron Velorum)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > *S Doradus (super-brilliant star in Nubecula Major)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; a former name of Grus the Crane is
        > Phoenicopterus the Flamingo)
        >
        > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax the Pole
        > Guard)
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Reynolds' Star (G1.9+0.3 Sagittarii, a very recent [1878] supernova discovered
        > by Stephen Reynolds, et al)
        >
        > Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; an open cluster, aka Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Outcast Star (J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; it is leaving the Milky Way Galaxy for intergalactic space at an extraordinary speed)

        an outcast or exile (John Edwards?)

        > *NGC 2903 (Leonis; galaxy considered a malefic by the late Byron Wahl)
        >
        > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

        public vulgarity?

        > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

        railroading

        http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Merak.html

        > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

        http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/TaniaBorealis.html

        northern people trying to further distance themselves?

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Almaaz (Epsilon Aurigae)
        >
        > *Hoedus Primus (aka Hoedus I; Zeta Aurigae; one of the Hoedi, or Kids)
        >
        > *Hoedus Secundus (aka Hoedus II; Eta Aurigae; another one of the Hoedi)

        http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Hoedus1.html

        trouble, storms, mischief

        > *Rigil Camelopardalis (7 Camelopardalis; marks one of the Giraffe's feet)

        a giraffe can deliver a nasty kick with its foot; also, to reach high you need a place to be "grounded"

        > *TV Columbae (cataclysmic variable)

        television-related stuff

        > *Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis)

        going in circles?

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2010
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

          > As of midnight GMT.
          >
          > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
          > orb).
          >

          > Jupiter
          >

          > Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae)
          >
          > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)
          >
          > *Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)

          Greek = myrtle (fragrant?)

> [...]
          >

          > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
          >
          > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
          >

          > Ceres
          >

          > *Outcast Star (J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; it is leaving the Milky Way Galaxy for intergalactic space at an extraordinary speed)
          >
          > *NGC 2903 (Leonis; galaxy considered a malefic by the late Byron Wahl)
          >
          > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
          >
          > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris; one of the Pointers in the Big Dipper)
          >
          > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
          >

          > Pallas
          >

          > *Almaaz (Epsilon Aurigae)
          >
          > *Hoedus Primus (aka Hoedus I; Zeta Aurigae; one of the Hoedi, or Kids)
          >
          > *Hoedus Secundus (aka Hoedus II; Eta Aurigae; another one of the Hoedi)
          >
          > *Rigil Camelopardalis (7 Camelopardalis; marks one of the Giraffe's feet)

          Greek = shaped like the letter delta (triangular)

          > Chiron
          >

          > Albulaan Australis (Gamma Aquarii)
          >
          > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
          >
          > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          >
          > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
          >
          > Dhanistra (Theta Delphini)
          >
          > Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
          >
          > *Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
          >
          > *HD 195019 (Delphini; has planets)
          >
          > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
          >
          > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > North Node
          >

          > *Albulaan Australis (Gamma Aquarii)
          >
          > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
          >
          > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
          >
          > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          >
          > *Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
          >
          > *Dhanistra (Theta Delphini)
          >
          > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
          >
          > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
          >
          > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
          >
          > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148 and 5150 Gruis)
          >
          > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)
          >
          > *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > South Node
          >

          > *Hanny's Voorwerp (SDSS J094103.80+344334.2 Leonis Minoris; translates literally from the Dutch as "Hanny's object". It is named after Hanny van Arkel, a Dutch schoolteacher who discovered it in 2008. It is believed to be the remnant of a burned-out quasar near the galaxy IC 2497).

          More later.

          Mark A. Holm,es