Re: Asteroid over Sudan

  • oparhi
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
      I tried to figure out the place where it happened, and think it is
      somewhere about Al Bahr al Ahmar, nearest town maybe Hayya in the map,
      because it has not been seen in Khartoum by S&T and Spacewatch, and it
      was located according to information between Khartoum and Mecca about
      300 miles from each, and happened at 02.43 UT.

      Link: http://www.space.com/spacewatch/081008-asteroid-exploded.html

      Outi

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Astrocalypse <astrocalypse@...>
      wrote:

      > This news item seems to receive very little coverage and is
      happening in
      > a few hours.
      >
      > Transiting Moon will be where Neptune was, at 21d Capricorn, and both
      > have Jupiter Moon conjunction !
      >
      > http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnN06458824.html
      >

      > Asteroid to burn up before hitting Earth
      >
      > Mon 6 Oct 2008, 20:31 GMT
      > [- <javascript:sizeDown();>] Text <javascript:resetCurrentsize();> [+
      > <javascript:sizeUp();>]
      >
      > WASHINGTON, Oct 6 (Reuters) - A tiny asteroid discovered earlier on
      > Monday by an Arizona observatory will hit Earth's atmosphere over Sudan
      > in a few hours but will burn up before it can hit the ground or
      endanger
      > aircraft, astronomers said.
      >
      > The asteroid will create a large fireball at about 10:46 p.m. EDT (0246
      > GMT on Tuesday) as it burns up, the team at the Harvard-Smithsonian
      > Center for Astrophysics said.
      >
      > "We want to stress that this object is not a threat," said Dr. Timothy
      > Spahr, director of the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet
      > Center at Harvard in Massachusetts.
      >
      > "We're excited since this is the first time we have issued a prediction
      > that an object will enter Earth's atmosphere," Spahr added in a
      statement.

      > The asteroid, known as a meteoroid, is between 3 and 15 feet (1
      metre to
      > 5 metres) in diameter.
      >
      > "A typical meteor comes from an object the size of a grain of sand,"
      > said Gareth Williams of the Minor Planet Center. "This meteor will be a
      > real humdinger in comparison."
      >
      > It will be visible from eastern Africa and will evaporate over Sudan,
      > the scientists said.
      >
      > "We really hope that someone will manage to photograph it," said
      > Williams. (Reporting by Maggie Fox, editing by Will Dunham and John
      > O'Callaghan)

    • oparhi
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
        I was looking for news in Sudan, the only one that caught my eye was this Reuter's news
        of 7 Oct, that happened in South Sudan:

        "More than 35 young women wearing tight trousers were arrested in South Sudan for
        disturbing the peace, senior police officials said on Tuesday. The arrests in Juba, the
        capital of semiautonomous South Sudan, were part of a campaign against youth gangs,
        the authorities said. The women were arrested on Sunday night but were released without
        charge on Monday. Many Juba residents reacted angrily to the arrests. "We saw about 30
        girls in two trucks piled up like animals," said Nok Duany, a civil servant."

        Well, that sounds like Venus and Mars in Scorpio. Pluto anyway is in 28 Sagittarius and at
        the time given for the explosion maybe at the bottom of the chart with the Part of Spirit
        (night). Sun conjoining asteroid Eros.. . The asteroid Proserpina is in 3 Libra near Asc in
        the chart I made for Ad-Damir. And maybe asteroid Siwa conjoining Mars in Scorpio has
        something to do with it.

        Anyway more news on that:
        http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081008/wl_nm/us_sudan_south_trousers_2;_ylt=AjfN8t
        COyjwMNsdJ_u7wnv0ShIMA

        Sudan in news today: http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081009/ts_csm/owhatpeace_1

        Outi

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
          How about Juno aligned with Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi), too?

          According to Vivian Robson: "[Rasalhague] gives misfortune through women, perverted tastes and mental depravity."

          Also, Sun and Mercury were aligned with Algorab (Delta Corvi) on that day: "Delays and restraint are indicated to come about by fiascoes, losses, wrong handling of matters and enmity in general. Accidents or injuries, difficult to avoid." (Ebertin)

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
            Thank you.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 12, 2008
              sisterbellabee@... wrote:
              > We had a meteor here in Oregon February 19 2008, 5:30 am PT
              http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html
              <http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html>

              The SD Mercury in Feb is in exact trine to the about to go direct
              transiting Mercury.

              I am not sure where I am going with this but relocating the chart to
              North Dakota, the MC/IC shares the same axis with the 9/11/07 lunar
              eclipse energy...

              ------------------------------------

              US February Deaths (Source: Wikipedia)
              -----------------------------
              21st Feb

              * Evan Mecham, 83, American Governor of Arizona (1987–1988).
              * *Matthew Mechtel, 39, American candidate for the U.S. House from
              North Dakota, apparent suicide by gunshot. *
              * Robin Moore, 82, American author (The French Connection, The Green
              Berets).

              20th Feb

              * Mary Elizabeth Carnegie, 91, American nurse, cardiovascular disease.
              * Larry Davis, 41, American convicted murderer, stabbed.
              * Bobby Lee Trammell, 74, American rockabilly singer, Arkansas
              Representative (1997–2002).

              19th Feb

              * Eugene Freedman, 82, American figurine creator
              * Bob Howsam, 89, American sports executive (Denver Broncos,
              Cincinnati Reds), heart condition.
              * Teo Macero, 82, American record producer and saxophonist.

              18th Feb

              * Grits Gresham, 85, American conservationist, sportsman, and actor,
              complication of infection and pneumonia.
              * Jim Jones, 57, American rock guitarist (Pere Ubu), heart attack.
              * Raymond Kennedy, 73, American novelist, complications of a stroke.
              * Ralph Peck, 95, American civil engineer.
              * Raymond J. Smith, 77, American editor, complications of pneumonia.

              [