Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Asteroid over Sudan

  • Astrocalypse
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
      Just as well, I am feeling the full Mercury Rx effect.

      Am I a Centaurs2 member? Not sure if I ever joined since I had never
      seen any emails. May be I'll after Mercury goes direct.

      Counting days.
      ------------------------------

      mahtezcatpoc wrote:

      > I went ahead and sent this over to the Centaurs2 list (forwarded the
      > story and added your commentary in my own words).
      >
      > Mark A. Holmes

    • Astrocalypse
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
        btw, belated Happy Birthday, Mark.

        Many happy returns.
      • sisterbellabee@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
          This already happened this morning, the news reports of it hitting 'this morning' were posted yesterday:

          I'm rather surprised that there are not more reports of its explosion, though!

          Sincerely, Sherri

          New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!
        • Astrocalypse
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
            Thanks for the correction, Sherri. It is surprising that astronomers
            only saw it as the asteroid approached the earth.

            My nodes are on 21d cardinal. Looking back, Jupiter being hit was a
            MAJOR event for my chart but then comet has a reputation of being bad
            news. I wonder what this event entails.

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Astrocalypse <astrocalypse@...>
              wrote:

              > Just as well, I am feeling the full Mercury Rx effect.
              >
              > Am I a Centaurs2 member? Not sure if I ever joined since I had never
              > seen any emails. May be I'll after Mercury goes direct.
              >
              > Counting days.

              It doesn't look like you're a Centaurs2 member, but you're welcome to
              join. I had to change it from an open group to a restricted one some
              time ago to stop spammers from joining. Just put something in the
              textbox so I'll know it's you.

              Mark A. Holmes

              > mahtezcatpoc wrote:
              > >
              > > I went ahead and sent this over to the Centaurs2 list (forwarded the
              > > story and added your commentary in my own words).
              > >
              > > Mark A. Holmes

            • Astrocalypse
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
                Oki doh.
                ---------------------

              • sisterbellabee@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
                  In a message dated 10/7/2008 4:20:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, astrocalypse@... writes:
                  My nodes are on 21d cardinal. Looking back, Jupiter being hit was a
                  MAJOR event for my chart but then comet has a reputation of being bad
                  news. I wonder what this event entails.

                  Hmm, I wonder.  We had a meteor here in Oregon February 19 2008, 5:30 am PT

                  I did not hear or see it myself, wish I had!  Interesting that 20-some Capricorn was rising around the time of the the February meteor.

                  I checked my calendar and email box, personally it was a busy time, and we were right between eclipses so I'm not sure how to sort one from the other.  I noticed that Obama won the Wisconsin primary that day, was writing back and forth about his speech, a very big turning point for his campaign.  He sure got a big reception thereafter here in Oregon, that was on May 18th.  It was events like that that really gave him momentum through the primaries.

                  Oh well, that's all I can think of, at the moment!

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008

                    _http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html_

                    (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html)

                    > _http://www.kgw.com/video/video-index.html?nvid=219697_
                    > (http://www.kgw.com/video/video-index.html?nvid=219697)
                    >
                    > I did not hear or see it myself, wish I had! Interesting that 20-some
                    > Capricorn was rising around the time of the the February meteor.

                    > I checked my calendar and email box, personally it was a busy time,
                    and we
                    > were right between eclipses so I'm not sure how to sort one from the
                    other. I
                    > noticed that Obama won the Wisconsin primary that day, was writing
                    back and
                    > forth about his speech, a very big turning point for his campaign.
                    He sure
                    > got a big reception thereafter here in Oregon, that was on May
                    18th. It was
                    > events like that that really gave him momentum through the primaries.

                    Deneb Okab (Zeta Aquilae) is at 19 Capricorn 55. Obama kind of "took
                    command" (Deneb Okab) around that time, huh?

                    Mark A. Holmes
                  • oparhi
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
                      I tried to figure out the place where it happened, and think it is
                      somewhere about Al Bahr al Ahmar, nearest town maybe Hayya in the map,
                      because it has not been seen in Khartoum by S&T and Spacewatch, and it
                      was located according to information between Khartoum and Mecca about
                      300 miles from each, and happened at 02.43 UT.

                      Link: http://www.space.com/spacewatch/081008-asteroid-exploded.html

                      Outi

                      wrote:

                      > This news item seems to receive very little coverage and is
                      happening in
                      > a few hours.
                      >
                      > Transiting Moon will be where Neptune was, at 21d Capricorn, and both
                      > have Jupiter Moon conjunction !
                      >
                      > http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnN06458824.html
                      >

                      > Asteroid to burn up before hitting Earth
                      >
                      > Mon 6 Oct 2008, 20:31 GMT
                      > [- <javascript:sizeDown();>] Text <javascript:resetCurrentsize();> [+
                      > <javascript:sizeUp();>]
                      >
                      > WASHINGTON, Oct 6 (Reuters) - A tiny asteroid discovered earlier on
                      > Monday by an Arizona observatory will hit Earth's atmosphere over Sudan
                      > in a few hours but will burn up before it can hit the ground or
                      endanger
                      > aircraft, astronomers said.
                      >
                      > The asteroid will create a large fireball at about 10:46 p.m. EDT (0246
                      > GMT on Tuesday) as it burns up, the team at the Harvard-Smithsonian
                      > Center for Astrophysics said.
                      >
                      > "We want to stress that this object is not a threat," said Dr. Timothy
                      > Spahr, director of the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet
                      > Center at Harvard in Massachusetts.
                      >
                      > "We're excited since this is the first time we have issued a prediction
                      > that an object will enter Earth's atmosphere," Spahr added in a
                      statement.

                      > The asteroid, known as a meteoroid, is between 3 and 15 feet (1
                      metre to
                      > 5 metres) in diameter.
                      >
                      > "A typical meteor comes from an object the size of a grain of sand,"
                      > said Gareth Williams of the Minor Planet Center. "This meteor will be a
                      > real humdinger in comparison."
                      >
                      > It will be visible from eastern Africa and will evaporate over Sudan,
                      > the scientists said.
                      >
                      > "We really hope that someone will manage to photograph it," said
                      > Williams. (Reporting by Maggie Fox, editing by Will Dunham and John
                      > O'Callaghan)

                    • oparhi
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
                        I was looking for news in Sudan, the only one that caught my eye was this Reuter's news
                        of 7 Oct, that happened in South Sudan:

                        "More than 35 young women wearing tight trousers were arrested in South Sudan for
                        disturbing the peace, senior police officials said on Tuesday. The arrests in Juba, the
                        capital of semiautonomous South Sudan, were part of a campaign against youth gangs,
                        the authorities said. The women were arrested on Sunday night but were released without
                        charge on Monday. Many Juba residents reacted angrily to the arrests. "We saw about 30
                        girls in two trucks piled up like animals," said Nok Duany, a civil servant."

                        Well, that sounds like Venus and Mars in Scorpio. Pluto anyway is in 28 Sagittarius and at
                        the time given for the explosion maybe at the bottom of the chart with the Part of Spirit
                        (night). Sun conjoining asteroid Eros.. . The asteroid Proserpina is in 3 Libra near Asc in
                        the chart I made for Ad-Damir. And maybe asteroid Siwa conjoining Mars in Scorpio has
                        something to do with it.

                        Anyway more news on that:
                        http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081008/wl_nm/us_sudan_south_trousers_2;_ylt=AjfN8t
                        COyjwMNsdJ_u7wnv0ShIMA

                        Sudan in news today: http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081009/ts_csm/owhatpeace_1

                        Outi

                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
                          How about Juno aligned with Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi), too?

                          According to Vivian Robson: "[Rasalhague] gives misfortune through women, perverted tastes and mental depravity."

                          Also, Sun and Mercury were aligned with Algorab (Delta Corvi) on that day: "Delays and restraint are indicated to come about by fiascoes, losses, wrong handling of matters and enmity in general. Accidents or injuries, difficult to avoid." (Ebertin)

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 9, 2008
                            Thank you.

                            Mark A. Holmes

                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 12, 2008
                              sisterbellabee@... wrote:
                              > We had a meteor here in Oregon February 19 2008, 5:30 am PT
                              http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html
                              <http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/080221-oregon-meteor.html>

                              The SD Mercury in Feb is in exact trine to the about to go direct
                              transiting Mercury.

                              I am not sure where I am going with this but relocating the chart to
                              North Dakota, the MC/IC shares the same axis with the 9/11/07 lunar
                              eclipse energy...

                              ------------------------------------

                              US February Deaths (Source: Wikipedia)
                              -----------------------------
                              21st Feb

                              * Evan Mecham, 83, American Governor of Arizona (1987–1988).
                              * *Matthew Mechtel, 39, American candidate for the U.S. House from
                              North Dakota, apparent suicide by gunshot. *
                              * Robin Moore, 82, American author (The French Connection, The Green
                              Berets).

                              20th Feb

                              * Mary Elizabeth Carnegie, 91, American nurse, cardiovascular disease.
                              * Larry Davis, 41, American convicted murderer, stabbed.
                              * Bobby Lee Trammell, 74, American rockabilly singer, Arkansas
                              Representative (1997–2002).

                              19th Feb

                              * Eugene Freedman, 82, American figurine creator
                              * Bob Howsam, 89, American sports executive (Denver Broncos,
                              Cincinnati Reds), heart condition.
                              * Teo Macero, 82, American record producer and saxophonist.

                              18th Feb

                              * Grits Gresham, 85, American conservationist, sportsman, and actor,
                              complication of infection and pneumonia.
                              * Jim Jones, 57, American rock guitarist (Pere Ubu), heart attack.
                              * Raymond Kennedy, 73, American novelist, complications of a stroke.
                              * Ralph Peck, 95, American civil engineer.
                              * Raymond J. Smith, 77, American editor, complications of pneumonia.

                              [