Re: Mercury Rx

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008

      > Sure seems to affect this group more than any other I'm on. :) must
      > have started it on a mercury hour and/or day. :) Just noticing the
      > silence. Missb

      A Moon hour (according to my copy of Timaeus, which gives Hellenistic
      planetary hours). On a Saturday. But Mercury is the list's chart ruler
      (Virgo Ascendant) as well as the ruler of the Midheaven.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
        LOL mercury Asc would do it! makes complete sense. MissB

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>

        > > Sure seems to affect this group more than any other I'm on. :) must
        > > have started it on a mercury hour and/or day. :) Just noticing the
        > > silence. Missb
        > >

        > A Moon hour (according to my copy of Timaeus, which gives Hellenistic
        > planetary hours). On a Saturday. But Mercury is the list's chart ruler
        > (Virgo Ascendant) as well as the ruler of the Midheaven.
        >

        > Mark A. Holmes

      • Astrocalypse
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2008
          Question is, would it contribute to intergalactic misuderstanding :).

          http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7660449.stm

          Is anybody listening out there?

          Gabriel Gatehouse looks around the giant radar telescope in Ukraine that
          will be beaming out Bebo messages.

          * Messages have been sent to a planet 20 light years from Earth in the
          hope they will reach intelligent alien life. *

          Some 501 photos, drawings and text messages were transmitted on Thursday
          by a giant radio-telescope in Ukraine normally used to track asteroids.

          The target planet was chosen as it is thought capable of supporting life.

          Any reply to the messages - collated through a competition by the social
          networking website Bebo - would not reach Earth for 40 years.

          The competition - A Message From Earth - invited Bebo's 12m users to
          send in missives they would like extra-terrestrials to receive.

          Topics submitted ranged from the environment, politics and world peace
          to family relationships and the sender's first kiss.

          Having been translated into a binary format, the 500 selected will
          travel 120 trillion miles into space after being sent via high-powered
          radio waves from the National Space Agency of Ukraine's RT-70 radar
          telescope in Evpatoria.

          * Here we are *

          After being launched at 0600 GMT Bebo's mission commander Oli Madgett
          said the message "passed the Moon in 1.7 seconds, Mars in just four
          minutes and will leave our Solar System before breakfast tomorrow".

          Organisers hope the hi-tech package will reach its target - the planet
          Gliese 581C - in early 2029.

          Bebo spokesman Mark Charkin said: "A Message From Earth presents an
          opportunity for the digital natives of today... to reconnect with
          science and the wider universe in a simple, fun and immersive way."

          Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer from the Search for Extra Terrestrial
          Intelligence Institute in California, said whether aliens who might
          receive the messages would understand them was beside the point.

          "The point might simply be: well, here we are; we're clever enough to
          build a radio transmitter," he told the BBC.

          "So if anybody's out there and they find that signal, they at least know
          it that, in the direction of that star system over there, there must be
          a planet with some pretty clever things on it."
        • Shawhouse
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2008
            Having just visited with my old friends, an occasion that often occurs
            during Merc retro, my first thought is that, if we are connecting with
            anyone, we are connecting with some old friends. Or, doing the same
            thing that we've done before, again.
            Diana S.