Re: jupiter and pluto

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 9, 2008
      Will take me a day or so to reconstruct the problems, but in general
      restructuring in the 90's allowed a lot of undafe lending proactices
      to ensue and THEN banks pressed congress to rewrite the bankruptcy
      laws. They thought to their advantage but in reality they screwed
      themselves in their greed. Before the laws were re-written a Judge
      could in fact rewqrite a homes loan to something reasonable that a
      person could pay if the judge felt it was out of bounds or could do a
      few other things that would keep the house from forclosing. with the
      new laws people pretty much end up forclosing ergo causing a hell of
      a lot of problems for the banking industry. Another Problem? the neg
      Am loan, Wa Mu made its fortune on it, and it is the bane of the
      mortgage industry, an ARM is sissy stuff next to a neg am loan. many
      other factors, BUT it is one of the many facots in the mortgage
      industry fiasco. I'll see what I can do about getting a decent
      timeline together.

      MissB

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Lu <Robbinsnest90@...> wrote:

      > Ok, let me rephrase that:
      >
      > I know the housing industry was in a slump, but were there any
      EVENTS that stick out in history, Newsworthy ones, at that time?

      Confederation were signed!