RE: [thefixedstars] solar Eclipse

  • eriugena
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi,

      Solar Fire has the end coordinates as
      033N44
      111E33

      I converted these to decimal degrees and came up with a place about 70 miles
      south of the midpoint between Xi'an and Zhengzhou in Henan Province.

      --David
    • eriugena
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        I did further checking. Henan Province is considered to be the cradle of
        Chinese civilization. This province is China's most populous. This is not
        far from the World Heritage Site of the immense terra cotta army of first
        Chinese emperor, near Xi'an in Shaanxi province.

        --David
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          rofl, just in time for the release of the film of same area... Mummy
          returns the dragon Emperor... Okay I have a sick sense of humor I
          guess. MissB