solar Eclipse

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      good Morning,

      Anyone look at the eclipse chart for China, according to report I was
      reading it the eclipse ended at 11:19 GMT over China, the map was a bit
      small so I couldn't tell where over china. was wondering what the sky
      might have portended there.

      MissB
    • eriugena
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi,

        Solar Fire has the end coordinates as
        033N44
        111E33

        I converted these to decimal degrees and came up with a place about 70 miles
        south of the midpoint between Xi'an and Zhengzhou in Henan Province.

        --David
      • eriugena
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          I did further checking. Henan Province is considered to be the cradle of
          Chinese civilization. This province is China's most populous. This is not
          far from the World Heritage Site of the immense terra cotta army of first
          Chinese emperor, near Xi'an in Shaanxi province.

          --David
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
            rofl, just in time for the release of the film of same area... Mummy
            returns the dragon Emperor... Okay I have a sick sense of humor I
            guess. MissB